• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Den of Ages

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    Well! This is the post that Pokemon fans everywhere has been waiting to read. Today, I am publicly announcing the development of a Pokemon MMORPG named Pokemon: Den of Ages. This MMORPG is losely based on a story that me and my friend, Mango, wrote a year ago. Anyways, lemme go ahead and discuss some features.

Completed Features List:
    -Sprites
    -Tiles
    -Core Engine(YAY! We can walk around now!)
    -Pokemon Database(Pokemon and Moves as of right now.)
    -Trainers and NPCs can own Pokemon
    -Level Capping Is Around 100,000(Since this is an ORPG, Capping the level at 100 is stupid. Now Pokemon level cap is 100,000... I'd really like feedback on this one... And of course, battles will be regulated by level since this level cap is so high.)
    -Working Pokegear(Yes, I love GSC's Pokegear feature, so I implemented that in this game!)
    -Trainer Cards
    -Targeting Other Trainers For Battle(Both NPCs and PCs. No, battling isn't don't yet.)
    -Semi Working Time(Has this... 'Nightmare bug'... It's always night no matter what Time of day it is. Once this bug if fixed, Time will be fully working!)
    -Running Feature(Your character can run, w00t w00t!)
    -Online Capability(Dance about this one! Can hold 1000 players!)
    -Wild Pokemon Encounters(Still, no battles)
    -Mapping System

Things Currently Being Worked On:
    -Getting Your Starter Pokemon
    -Trainer Battles(NPCs...)
    -Trainer Battles(Players...)
    -Fixing the Nightmare bug
    -Completing Pokemon Database
    -Starting Item Database
    -Completing Move Database

Well, yeah. That's it all. The list will be updated constantly so, check back. Post all your feedback and commentary on this thread. Don't PM me with questions. I need to get my Post Count up so I can post my screen shots. This game is being made in Visual Basic using the Mirage Source ORPG Framework.

Here's some useful info. You play the hero, as always. You can only be one sprite in the beginning, but as you journey on, you'll be able to change your sprite. For a fee of course. n.n You are a trainer venturing the Naiyo region. No, you have no home to start in, no mom or dad. You're from Johto. You've come with your upgraded Pokegear, capable of holding 250 numbers, send and recieve email, a fully functional pokedex, and a map of the newly discovered(to those who live in Johto anyways...) region of Naiyo. You came without any Pokemon, but you heard the professor in this town was giving away three of his rare pokemon(but one per trainer!) and you came to check it out. Only thing is... You don't know where the professor is! I'll write a story that'll suit the useful info I gave you so you can like... Read it and be inspired all.. RP-like. Anyways, that's all the info I have to give. Remember, ask questions in this thread, I'll answer and get my post count up so I can post my screen shots. I'll also look around and see if I can get my post count up any where else. Heheh, I hope you guys are as excited as I am. My name is Matt, I go by the Alias Silver. I hope to meet a few of you guys later.

Last edited:

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    Looks ok for now, but are you usin a Playerworlds game system to make dis game?

theotherfreakyguy

aka Satan
    Years
    @zidanes: Yes! Somebody actually put that bloo I made in their sig! Sorry off-topic.
    @PKMN_TRAINER_SILVER: I didn't catch what program you are using to make this.

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    Sorry, didn't I say Visual Basic..? And I'm not using Playersworld. That engine is a bunch of bull... If I were gonna use an Engine, Kunfuze. Hands down. But I'm programming using Visual Basic...

Well, yeah. That's it all. The list will be updated constantly so, check back. Post all your feedback and commentary on this thread. Don't PM me with questions. I need to get my Post Count up so I can post my screen shots. This game is being made in Visual Basic using the Mirage Source ORPG Framework.

See?

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
    hi i can map and what you mean by mod? a mod like on this fourm? if so i will be one :)

i cant buy visual basic if you need to buy it to make maps

Last edited:

Berino

Graphics Artist
    Years
    Do you need visual basic to make maps

I can be a mod (do u mean like to keep people in order on the online server)

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Very well done, I havn't seen anyone use Visual Basic yet. Anyway, good job, and I would love to help out in any way possible. I can sort of map, but I could be a mod. Also, I got a friend, WHALESDUDE, he can make some pretty good maps, you can ask him.

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    Well, thank you. I think here's a seperate section of the forums that is for hiring. I'll find something like that and take applicants there. Also, if you wish to join my staff without waiting for that thread to be posted, contact me on MSN as [email protected]. In the mean time, let's keep this thread about the game. If you have any questions, ask away. I'll try to get some more screenshots up by tomorrow, which is when I plan to finish the wild Pokemon battling system.

Pkmn_Trainer_Silver

Owner of PDoA
    Years
    Okay, here we go. I got a screenshot of mapping so people can stop asking "What program do we need to map." This is the first and last time I'm gonna say it. I am using my own Mapping Program which is integrated into the game. This is a screenshot of my mapeditor on my girlfriend's map.

[edit] MMO Capabilities! My server can now hold 1000 people! Lagging is reduced. Made a New client, version 2.2. Got some awesome changes, making it easier to navigate the game. No, it's still only closed to mappers. >.>

Uploading a new picture. Check it out. :P

Hosted on my super fast personal server.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2006
    O
    M
    G

i must say i'm impressed... the game looks nice

it's funny that i find this here now, yesterday i just talked to a friend of mine about pokemon and how we thought there should be a rpg of it...

good luck further on developing den of ages

*edit*
    the link is dead, i think...

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    Now this does look pretty good, I started using VB about 4 days ago and I've been finding it difficult to create a 2D engine. I think the 100,000 level cap is a good idea. Simply because, like you said, 100 levels for an online RPG is very small. And having a high level cap like 100,000 (which will take ages to achieve such a level anyway) will keep people aiming for that maximum level goal and compete against eachother.
    Good work. ;)

Last edited:

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Datriot said:
    Now this does look pretty good, I started using VB about 4 days ago and I've been finding it difficult to create a 2D engine. I think the 100,000 level cap is a good idea. Simply because, like you said, 100 levels for an online RPG is very small. And having a high level cap like 100,000 (which will take ages to achieve such a level anyway) will keep people aiming for that maximum level goal and compete against eachother.
    Good work. ;)

Wow, he is goin to make it capable of level 100,000! That will be fun... anyway, if this game is not dead yet, keep goin.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2006
    sorry for the double post >_<

and yea i have high hopes on this, good luck further

Back