• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Diamond GBA Port Idea

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Since I found the indexed sprites from D/P ,I'm going to assemble my first rom hack porting over Diamond to the GBA for people would like to see if Diamond was made for the GBA console.

Storyline
    The storyline would be years in the future ,you play wither an old man or an old woman ,who are basically older versions of the D/P main characters Dawn and Lucas ,that have each moved on from being trainers to being Grandparents. Their grandchildren recently moved in because they were orphaned by a Team Galactic raid.Since they of age both of their grandparents urge them to get their first Pokemon , so they go to the former rival's D/P laboratory, which has with him 3 pokeballs ,each a new prehistoric Pokemon rediscovered. As they choose their Pokemon the game begins.

The New Pokemon
    Since I've abandonned Pokemon Dusk ,the starters ,Brontoroom, Pterasinge ,and Plesias are being carried over along with 100 new pokemon . The new pokemon will be either undiscovered ever before or previously thought to have been extinct. And as a homage to Missigno, he too will be added to the game as a Psychic/Dark Pokemon. There will also be some cool pre-evolutions of some legendaries and further evolutions of some starter pokemon. For those Godzilla fans here ,there will be some Toho based Pokemon,along with Gamera.

Existing Pokemon
    Besides that, there will be just Sinnoh , and Johto Pokemon ,minus the majority of the Kanto and Hoenn region Pokemon.

The Features( Tentative)

-Some ,but not all new TMs and HMS

- Wild Double Batles if possible

-Wild Pokemon can hold Items

-Poke Radar if applicable

-New Evolution Methods

Last edited:

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    good idea but how are you going to add some of the new features and methods of evelution? and all 493 pokemon?

Gyaridos1992

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2008
    Well, If he knew ASM(I highly doubt it) He can add more pokemons. Or he can Extend his ROM to a 32 mb ROM. Good Luck on this game/

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    good idea but how are you going to add some of the new features and methods of evelution? and all 493 pokemon?

It won't have alot of the new features ,but for the evolution part I'll have to figure a way. I will have to , however ,get rid of some of the Kanto ,and all of the Hoenn pokemon minus baby evolutions and legendaries. Right now I'm modifying the D/P sprites into the GBA format. It won't be a 100% accurate game due to adding some Fakemon to it ( They will be professional looking ,I promise) and even evolutions to the Johto legendaries( I love G/S more than D/P)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Great idea, but add a features/storyline section to keep this open.
    Good luck!

Also, heres a few D/P Sprites

Thanks ,that was very cool of you to do that.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • fr/lg or r/s?

anyway, are you overwriting the useless 25 ?? pokemon?
    If you want to, you could use the pokedex editor to put the sinnoh pokemon in the right order in the regional dex.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    fr/lg or r/s?

anyway, are you overwriting the useless 25 ?? pokemon?
    If you want to, you could use the pokedex editor to put the sinnoh pokemon in the right order in the regional dex.

I'm using Fire Red. Once I find a Pokedex Editor / Pokemon Name Changer , I'll be able to start naming them to their proper names.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Are you only going to insert D/P sprites? Do you have any plans for other new features or a new storyline? You should include more information about your hack, your first post is too short.

Back