• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Diamond is.. slow?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Yeah, I just couldn't play Pearl. I certainly don't beat the games in a quick amount of time, but no wonder it took me so long beat Diamond. o_o

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    All the ds games are way slower compared to the gameboy games. Mainly because they're not 2D and there's more data for more attacks, pokemon, and utterly useless crap that slows the game down.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    While I do see people complaining about it being slow all the time, I don't really notice it myself. I do however notice it a lot in Emerald. I can't stand random encounters in it, because of how slow it is just to get into the battles. Ugh.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm playing diamond and platinum side by side now and they have the same speed.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hmm, really I didn't notice how slow D&P were until I started playing Platinum and SS. I don't think they're like too slow, it just seems like it takes an additional 5 seconds for your pokemon to use an attack. But of course 5 seconds in the gaming world is a long time :D.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Hmm, really I didn't notice how slow D&P were until I started playing Platinum and SS. I don't think they're like too slow, it just seems like it takes an additional 5 seconds for your pokemon to use an attack. But of course 5 seconds in the gaming world is a long time :D.

This.
    The surfing and everythings made me piss off when I got back to my Diamond after playing Platinum ==
    Nowadays I only use Diamond to trade and that's pretty much about it.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I make a point to never play Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver before I play Pearl, because then the slowness of the battle scenes just grate on my nerves. Whoever thought that the battle delay was necessary needs a good bootin' up the arse. >:

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    You don't have to have the battle scenes on, you can turn them off under options. That speeds it up slightly.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Heya, I started playing Diamond yesterday and noticed that between Pokemon attacks, it like, slows? I mean, there's a short pause between text e.g 'Chimchar used Scratch!' *pause* 'It's not very effective..'

Also, the HP bar is slow as well, when it goes down, as well as up.

This does not happen in Platinum, or Heart Gold & Soul Silver.

Just wondering.
    This happens to me too!
    all those things you just said,happens to mine.
    and like you said it doesn't happen to the others.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    I had noticed that.

Maybe change your font colour? On default theme its almost impossible to read - I had to highlight it -_-

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    DP has always been slow, I noticed this since I've changed from RSE to DP.

şɧąγɱïŋ

Z E K R O M ★☆
    Years
    • I just started playing Pokemon Ruby and it's hella slow, but the battle scenes seem to go faster than those in DPt AND HGSS. But I never noticed how slow it was in diamond... I guess I don't really mind, I get used to how slow it is after a while.

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    I can give you the answer like a professional Pokeball player:

The graphics for the D/P games were almost brand new! It was the first time they ever used individual particles for moves, the first time the environment was ever 3D, and the first time the game had to measure what time of day it was. When Platinum came out 2 years later, the developers managed to upgrade the game's speed, probably by lowering the size of the graphics files.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Hi, you can make battles faster by turning off Battle Animations in options and making the text speed "fast".

Back