• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Illusion said:
    Nice sreens, BTW does the reflection system "jump" when you move?I tried making one in rm2k3 and it kept on "jumping" when you move.
    Illusion

I end up taking that out only a few days ago.. It worked fine, but when the hero was running, it would never keep up. The reflection was still walking :S

Anyways, thank you all for your comments. Really nice to read. Again thanks. And keep them coming.
    I'm working on systems at the moment, getting everything out of the way.
    Right now, I'm working on the Digitisation system.
    Here is a screenshot.

It works like using a pokeball. When the enemy HP is low enough, slect the "pokemon" command. Up will pop the target and the Digital Cannon menu. Chose fire and hope for the best.
    Remember, you'll only have 3 shots with your digital cannon before needing to buy a batery pack.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
    Two words,
    AWESOME AWESOME
    Great job I really hope this gets finished soon. You have inspired me to work on my RPGMAKER coding skills.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Speak of it, Remy made some new screens over at CCf, perhaps you're getting a new load of tiles :P

Oh, Neo-Dragon, would you like to write an article about your game for the fangame wiki? *points to sig* It'll be nice to have at least 10 games on it, and I'm asking the best ones I know (Then PT, haha)
    (And yes, this message was copy and pasted. It's basically the same message to everyone whose game I like)

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
    Years
    hey it is looking sweet. so what does it do? it catches pokemon? cause i think i missed u telling ppl that.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been rather busy and I'll try my best with this game.....
    But here is a update I had in store for you all today:
    The Battle System(which I'm calling "Upgrade" ) is almost done. Most of the systems are in place and are working well. Now when I say they are working well, the system itself is fine, but what surprised me is that on another computer (which is very "low end" ) - there was little to no lag! I decided to post a new thread and show you a few screens and explain them.
    * Please Note: Electrike is the only enemy pokemon put in the game at this stage. *

This screen just shows the latest (and most likely final) look to the battle system. As you can see, the hero as 3 items handy, the fusion bar is almost full and the Battle command has a nice look to it. Oh .... and I kicked Electrike's ass! :P

This screen is from another battle with the guy. He managed to paralyze me (no duh lol ). If you are paralyzed... The Hero HP will have yellow lines in the back of it and the icon will appear above the hero name.

Thankfully I have a paralyze heal and a few Strength Data cards hehehe..... He was gone in no time.

One more final battle with the guy..... On the main battle command- the Fight, Card, Pokemon, Run command (see first screenshot)- you can press "left" to go over to your fusion energy bar (which then will be highlighted in red)... As you can see, my fusion bar is full....... But I'll leave that to another post :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone. Small update post here.
    I had a little scare there last week, when my computer crashed. The bad thing was, I never had backed up Digital Network Upgrade. Thankfully, I managed to reboot in Safe Mode and make a quick backup of it before I reinstalled. Thankfully now, everything is fine and I'm back on track.
    Although - Remy, if you read this, I need your tileset sheet again since that was lost... please email it to me.

I have one screenshot to show you.
    I started to revamp/recolor inside tiles before my computer crashed, but I made it into a chipset before the crash and imported it (meaning that file was saved when I backed up my project).

If anyone would be willing to submit inside tiles to me, please do, as I really need them.
    Thanks.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone.
    More of Kanto to show you all.
    This time a revamped Cerulean City.
    The city pretty much hasn't changed, the layout is still the same. Tell me what you you think....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone, just a heads up, I'll be gone off to Australia for a month so no updates will be done on the game until I'm back.

But....
    .....here is nice update for you all: (taken from my forum)

"The key feature for battling that was in the original Digital Network is back. Your Umbreon can fuse with various digital information (like pokemon data, or DNA data) to form a stronger pokemon.
    So here is how to use them:
    In battle, when you take damage, your fusion bar will begin to fill up. Little by little, each enemy attack will keep raising it. When it is full, press the left arrow on your main commands in battle - your fusion bar will be selected, press the ENTER key to bring up your fusion list. Your fusion list will have a picture of Umbreon (incase you ever wish to change back...) and pictures of your fusions. Highlight one, and press enter.
    And there you go, different fusions will do different things, each fusion will raise different stats.

Umbreolt, a fusion between umbreon and Jolteon data (show in the screens) will raise up your strength and defence by a bit, but your speed will raise alot.

Here are those screenshots I was talking about:"

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Cool! Have fun in Australia! One question though. Is there random bits of Umbreon, random bits of Jolteon in that? Or is the Umbreon recoloured w/ some Jolt. pieces?

Once again, Have fun in Australia!

Back