• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thanks for the comments so far.

At djvolcom: I would love to make an online edition of Digital Network. But I have no online game coding experience.... (but if anyone knows a way I'd be willing to learn)

At Avatar. Thanks for the suggestion. The roof being that wrong color is my fault. I had to versions of the building that Dardanel made. And I started to put on the dark version (on the chipset I mean), then mid way through putting it on, I switched to the lighter color. Thanks for pointing it out as that is one of my concerns. If Dardanel could work his magic and convert the building into a character set for me, it would be much better.

Again, thanks everyone for the comments, keep them coming and I'll have an update soon.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Now I feel offended. First of no Pokemon ow sprite uses anti-aliasing. And real anti-aliasing would require ti "break" the line or rather it's border, and doing only inner anti-aliasing is really stupid and looks stupid. Anyhow the original:

Martyr

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Oh are you going to have a pokenave for the world map or that thing from Silver, gold ect.? Good work once the games out why don't you give the open soruce code to someone to make it so you can trade/battle/mix records over the internet? oh and are you going to make it so you can have secret bases in Kanto and Jhoto hoenn and Shikoku Region?
    Martyr Go to pokecrater.com to waste time =)

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Update: New Town/Route - - - new storyline!

*** For the storyline update, please go to the first page/first post and read the updated storyline ***

More screenshots to show you all today.
    These are of the second town for the Shikoku Region (some of you may remember from the old Digital Network) - "Kilka Town."

This town is kind of remote..... It feels a bit secluded from the rest of the towns/cities. It is surrounded by lakes and rocky mountains....It's a small town, not many people live there. There is no gym or anything like that here.... The people in this town like to live a quite life, nothing really ever happens here.....

Except.....

The funny thing is, in the game, this guy is lying.... It is not the snorlax blocking the way, its the 3 NPCs beside it. I have a feeling that the hero will have to help out here....

Here is a shot of the town.

And finally, a route after it....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Made in RPG Maker 2003 (I taught people would of got that because of the window icon).
    I updated the first post to make this clear.

Thanks for the comments, keep the coming :)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone. I got another update for you all :)

I'm pleased to show off Umbreon's second fusion.... Embreon.
    *screenshots at the end of the post*
    In the game you are asked to help find a stray Charmander. After you return the Charmander to its trainer, the trainer rewards you with Charmander fusion data that the hero inputs into his E.P.D (Electronic Pokemon Device) and now Umbreon is able to fuse with this data and become a fire-type, with fire attacks....

Highlight your fusion bar (when its full) and press enter and go onto your fusion list. Embreon will be there....

Press enter and fuse into Embreon...

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    i'm loving this game but I can't see the second screen in your post. Keep it up.

never mind I can see it now

Persona

Banned
    Years
    D-jo4000 said:
    i'm loving this game but I can't see the second screen in your post. Keep it up.

never mind I can see it now

well...i could see it.

nice work neo ^_^ i like the new umbreon fusion and the screen shots

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    This is an awesome game!I'm glad knowing that more people use rm2k3.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    hey Neo-Dragon nice upgrades on your cbs though I prefer the FR,LG cbs style but hey originalality is a great! thing to see in a fan game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thanks all for the comments.... means alot reading them and helps keep me going strong :)
    Anyways.... just a progress report so to speak.

I've been doing alot of bug testing on the game. At the moment, I'm really working over on ironing out any problems I have with the battle system. Its been really tough as I had a major error with the fusion system (fusions would be happening after battles :S) which I just fixed today. Experience gaining was another tough one, but I've just done a easy method of gaining experience (its not as "in-depth" per say) as the original code (which was more like a real pokemon game), but it works so I'm happy.

Also, I've realised how fun it is to mess around with the stat system.
    I've put in a system aswell so that depending on which fusion in battle you use, the more "Stat Points" you'll gain. (see the stat system post). So for example, if your using Umbreon, and you level up, you might only get 5 "Stat points" - where if your using Embreon you might gain 7.....

Thanks for reading.

I'll show just a random screenshot...

It's from me testing the pokemon center coding :P

Anyways, keep showing your support. It means alot....

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
    Years
    This game is looking really cool, and original, which is rare to see in a fan game. So don't give up... or I'll haunt you :badsmile:

Back