• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Doujin translation: The Sir-Knight Experience

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Hey folks,

I don't know if you've read this Pokemon Doujin by this fantastic Japanese artist known as Soara. He's the infamous artist of the Pokesho website (linky here: https://www.pokesho.com/)

Yamato-san of the Pokecommunity forums has been translating his work and putting the comic text into scripts. I decided to grab his fantastic translations and place them in the panels themselves.

Alas, I have currently done 9 pages and they're up for you to read over here:

https://photobucket.com/albums/c272/pokesho/The Sir-Knight Experience/

Will do more pages tomorrow or so.

Once again, a *huge thank you* to Yamato-san and friends for painstakingly translating so many Pokesho comics. *You guys rock!!*

Please note these comics are *not official* and are *fan-products*. Please *do not* print and sell these because I think no one will be very happy if you do.

Synopsis for "The Sir-Knight Experience"

The Sir-Knight Experience is an anthropomorphic Pokemon story featuring a Gardevoir called Sana who is an office lady and works a 9-5 job. Sana is the butt of jokes in the office because of the fact she hasn't had a real date in a long time and she's well in her years. She's also known for her hot-temper and crusty attitude.

One day while chatting with her friend, Hin-chan (a Feebas) in the ladies, Hin-chan consumes some cheap Poke-blocks and turns into a beautiful Milotic.

Sana begins to think that maybe if she tried eating Poke-blocks, she would become beautiful too...

Anyway, enjoy the comic!!

Cheers,
    Grimsg

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Grimsg.... may I ask how the hell you got my name wrong? Look, my name is clearly written as "Yamato", not "Yamamoto".... don't see where you got the "mo" from. Anyway, I suggest you edit your post, your sig, the third page, and anything else to correct my name. Oh, and while your editting.... as I said on the thread, Delta Suicune helped me quite a bit on this translation, so I suggest listing him in the credits. Probably as a "special thanks" or something, not another translator, since as much as he helped, I am the one who did the majority of the translation there.

Last edited:

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Ok my eyes *really* fail me. Many apologies.

I'll pop Delta Suicune's name in the credits as special thanks as well

Grimsg

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Nice! >_< I'm beaten, I wanted to do this... heh... anyway, you're doing nice so far, I'll be reading these. Why don't you IMG them for us? No, I'll do this!! =P I wanna do something for this too.

There we go! =3 *gets brick'd by Grimsg*

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    BTW, nice job on translating the sound effects. In my script, I didn't bother with them, and as a result, ended up overlooking a couple lines of text like "Ashi nai no ni" ('You don't have legs') and "Dokkorasho" (though, I think this might be translated incorrectly... I've never seen "doko" with a double-consonent, even when used in slang. I think it's something along the lines of "hup" or "heave-ho" rather than "where is it")... I wonder if there's anymore I may've missed. You've also been doing good with making the translation seem a bit less literal than I've had it. Keep it up.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Yamato-san: Thanks for the compliment but I really appreciate your effort in translating the entire comic because I used to do amateur JP scanlations as well some time ago and yes it isn't an easy job to do.

I'll be uploading more pages in a while (and I'll check them throughly before I put them up)

Max: Thanks for uploading the images, it's much faster to see them as well : )

Grimsg

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    Its quite good, but I really don't get the sleeping-EXP thing. Can someone explain it to me?

Have you actually read this comic? Hell, the experience points can be explained later almost entirely with visuals alone, you don't even need my translation for that.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    New lot of 5

Gasp! Latios-kun has first-evo complex?! What will happen to Sana now?

Tune in tomorrow for more!

Grimsg

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    ._.;; Wow, Gardevior is going to go Kirliaish again... weird. This is what I like about this story so far, its bending the real Pokemon story. Pokemon can't back-evolve can they?

Lets see what happens..

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    New Episode!

Looks like it was pay back time for Latios-kun after all his former girl friends came back. (and even his own kid sister was mad at him). Something doesn't seem quite right with Noctus' beauty therapy... Sana's gonna kick some major Noctus butt...

Tune in tomorrow for more!

Grimsg

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    Nice. You kept my ?B? i? g? Buwuther!? line intact. As you may've noticed, she was saying "O... ni... i... chuwan!" originally. With "Onii-chuwan" being a cuter version of "Onii-chan", I of course went with the best English equivalent I could think of.

Oddly enough, you changed the Vibrava's "Elder Brother!" to "Big Bro!" Originally, she said "Aniue!", a very formal way of saying "big brother", which I why I translated it as I did. It seems kinda awkward, having her dialogue go from very formal to very slangish, but it's probably best not to nit-pick.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Awesome!! That Latios.. *dies laughing* So awesome.. Y'know Yamato-san and Grimsg, you should do MORE of these translations. =3 They're really well translated.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Yamato-san: Sometimes due to space constraits, I can't put as much of your text in so small a space so I have to kind of summarise things. I could change the Vibra's "Big Bro" thing back to "Big Brother" since I'm going to update another lot of 4 pages today.

Grimsg

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    Today's Episode!

Prepare for the ultimate smack down between Noctus and Bakujirou!! Christmas Eve (well for me is Christmas Eve) finale tomorrow!

Grimsg

Back