• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon DP remakes?

title ok

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • gen 7

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
Years
  • I want one after a new region like after the game after omega ruby/sapphire.

Sparkling diamond Glistening pearl?

Years
  • There will be one.

There seems to be a secret pattern. It looks like there's a remake every ten years.

But it's just a speculation. There does seem to be a pattern, though.

Didn't Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal come out in 1999-2000? And wasn't there a remake ten years later?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There definitely will be remakes of Diamond and Pearl at some point in future, I'm positive, as they seem to create remakes of each game they release once every generation or two. When GameBoy Advance was still in its prime, we've had FireRed and LeafGreen, which were remakes of Red, Blue, and Green. In DS generation, they've given us HeartGold and SoulSilver. This time around, we're having Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire--remakes of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (have been waiting a long time to see this happen, personally, and I'm glad they're finally doing such a thing).

DP will likely get their own remakes during Nintendo's next edition of handheld consoles. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and other Pokémon games of the like have very advanced graphics, mechanics, and other things of the like, so if they were to be remade, they'd likely have to gain some heavyweight changes so that things actually feel new and whatnot, which I'd imagine to require an advanced engine of sorts.

Just like most of you, I'd be interested in seeing these remakes as well; personally not as big of a fan of Diamond and Pearl, but they're still great in their own, unique ways.

pkmin3033

The fourth generation of games was my favourite, but I can't see this happening in the 3DS (or, rather, the New 3DS') lifespan. I just think it'd be odd if they remade a game that was on a previous generation of consoles...I know Sony and Microsoft are all about HD remasters of previous generation games, but that doesn't strike me as the sort of thing Nintendo would do.

If the decade-long gap holds true, it'd indicate a remake in 2016/2017, and by that point I'd expect Nintendo to have a new handheld out on the market or be close to it, so I suppose it's plausible. I think we'll go through another new generation before it happens, though.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • There's a problem with remaking Sinnoh games because Platinum was vastly superior and added a ton of stuff like the Distortion World which wouldn't fit in regular DP.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I certainly hope so. Sinnoh is my favourite region by far.

After reading this thread I think I may have to go and play it again...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There's a problem with remaking Sinnoh games because Platinum was vastly superior and added a ton of stuff like the Distortion World which wouldn't fit in regular DP.

At a glance, they might not make any sense had these kind of things been put in Diamond and Pearl remakes, but if done right, I believe it could work. If they wish to incorporate Distortion World into them, they'd be able to do so post-game and whatnot, and have it seem like a location you unlock after defeating Elite Four and Champion (sort of like Cerulean Cave in FireRed and LeafGreen).

If they'd like to have Giratina play more of an important role in these remakes, which is possible, then Distortion World could set foot into the game even sooner, I feel, haha.

Years
  • I would LOVE remakes of Generation 4. Personally it's my favorite generation even though it is the most tedious to play through lol. However it would definitely need to be after the 7th generation of Pokemon.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I really hope so, but the developers said in an interview that the reason they didn't make ORAS sooner was because they didn't think the DS could live up to their standards, s they decided to make it on the 3DS later after XY's development.

So I'm guessing it'll be a Smash Bros. thing with one remake per Handheld Generation.

But my hopes are dimming with Gen 4 and 5's mascot legendaries being a thing, which I hope doesn't mean that they are writing it off.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, I'm certain that they'll make Diamond/Pearl remakes. The question is just when. It probably won't be on the 3DS, and might not be in the next generation of Pokemon, but they WILL do it sometime. Now that 3 of the current 6 gens have gotten remakes (and with great success), it's pretty much a given that they'll be doing remakes of past gens for at least a while. If I had to hazard a guess, Diamond/Pearl remakes would probably come out around 2017.

Years
  • It's not something I see too likely to happen for a long time. If they do, they'd most likely make new forms for Dialga and Palkia, something like what they did with Primal Groudon and Kyogre. That and i'm hoping they have the same Pokédex as Platinum and not DP, as well as address some of the other problems they had with DP to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Off-game, don't Dialga and Palkia have their own primal forms? At least former did, if I remember correctly; have seen plenty of official artwork based around it, haha. It didn't seem to be much different in terms of design; its coloring were just a little more intense than normal. It should be interesting to see what they do with Giratina as well, considering it's already got a secondary form. Shouldn't hurt to see it gain another.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'd love to see remakes, preferably in Gen 7.

When Diamond and Pearl first came out, I was at a point in my life where I was taking a break from Pokemon games, because I didn't have a DS and I thought I was too cool for it (gotta love being 15). Therefore I never really experienced D/P in their original greatness. Sure, I went back and played them later, but at that point there were already new games out so those took priority.

I'd like to see remakes because I feel like they would give me a chance to experience Sinnoh properly, the way I should have when D/P first came out.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Um, aren't FireRed and LeafGreen next up for remakes? You can still play DPP on a 3DS, you know, and seeing as I sold my Pearl for $25 since I have Platinum, they're still worth quite a bit.

FR/LG can't be played on a DSi or 3DS and don't have online play. I'd say they'd be the ones due next for a remake, even if they were remakes themselves. They love Kanto so why wouldn't they go back to it again?

pkmin3033

I think a 25th anniversary version of the first generation is definitely possible, but I can't see them bringing out *another* version of R/G/B/Y before that time to be honest - if they're going to keep remaking Pokemon games, I think DPPt would come first, as it's the only generation now that hasn't been given the remake treatment.

That said, I suppose a 20th anniversary version would be possible. Next year we'll probably get another game set in Kalos, which would mean the year following we'd get either a new generation or another remake. As you can play the 4th generation on the current generation of handhelds, a remake of the original generation in time for the 20th anniversary does seem more plausible than a remake of a generation you can play now anyway. Maybe once the New 3DS has had time to supplant the current model we could see DPPt remakes on it, with a graphical upgrade...although I still think it more likely Nintendo will wait until the next generation of handhelds.

Back