• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dusk Version: Expanded

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    What I'm planning for this game is to make a PC as well as an optimized version for the Itouch/ Iphone.

The Story: Takes Place during G/S/C

The story starts on the region of the Mihara Islands , East of the Orange Islands. On it are over 150 new Pokemon to be captured or studied. One day ,the newly formed Team Rocket led by the Mask of Ice has set his eyes upon this region for the Pokemon's amazing potential to grow to monumental ,almost prehistoric sizes. He then dispatches five of his best members as five New gym leaders to capture these new Pokemon for sale on the black market. You, a grandson of the Gym Leader Blazeton , have set forth to catch 'em all. As go to the local lab for your first Pokemon ,an unknown blue haired girl stole a Pokemon and ran towards you. You bolt to the side and you glimpse into her cold red eyes. She then stares and yells in a caring voice for you to stay out of her way or you'll be taken hostage. While she is fighting against the Police's Pokemon, you run to get your starter, and you fight her. It's all about you now.Are you going to combat Team Rocket and save your Region's wildlife ,or are you going to let them wipe the region clean dry?

Features

-Far more Pokemon than in my rom hack version based on the GBA Fire Red, about all of the Pokemon so far ,along with 150 new one including my pre evolutions of Pokemon and the Poke Elders, which play a far more important role in this game than in my developing rom hack.

-As I said above , I will try to make two versions optimized for the Itouch or to get lots of help in order to do so. The IControlPad version is the PC version optimized while the regular uses the top half of the screen for exploring the region while the bottom is the control pad for navigating and for battles like in D/P/PT.

-The Game will be able to go to Johto ,the new region ,and to the Orange Islands.

-Day/Night system

-PokeTacos ,the exclusive treat for Pokemon much like the PokeBlocks and Poffins.

-New Starters based off prehistoric wildlife.

Last edited:

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
    I think your dreams are a bit too...exaggerated.

I mean, 3 regions?!

Also, how are you going to make the battle scene like that?

And what is this made on?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    IT's just a pitch, man. I know it's exaggerated and it's the point. Johto probably might not make it into the final game, but the game as I aim will be for the PC first. The other crap like porting it to the Itouch will come later.

The battle scenes I'm describing are for the Itouch . For example on D/P/PT, the top is for moving your character and the bottom is a control pad until the battle scene starts. The Battle Scene is like this, the top is the typical Pokemon on each side of the arena ,and the bottom is the same as in D/P/Pt , selecting the moves , using items, etc.

I have already started spriting the Pokemon, and they look very close to the Sugimori style like Purple Kecleon's. The initial release is for the PC , then I will look into a certain programmer to port it to the Itouch/ Iphone. Mainly I am focusing on the PC version to make the game a reality.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    You're thinking that a programmer is going to spend more time on this than you did for free?

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
    Years
    You all hold valid points.

Blazing Link: You hold a very valid point in the regions and conversion factors.

NinjaTree: You're totally right, I doubt anyone would work on converting something this large over to an iTouch.

Bigdog: We know it's a pitch buddy, but pitch's are meant to be criticized. if they weren't we wouldn't be posting them up. You should take what these guys say and learn from it. The thing about creating a game is when you come up with the idea you aim low. Take it up too high and you'll just end up trashing it for some other idea.

The ideas are good, and it'd be a great thing to see come to life, but when making something like this you'll realize that most of these ideas will either need to be scaled down or thrown out altogether.

It's all just helpful advice though man, so don't worry. If you really wanna make it happen, and you have the drive to do it, I'm sure you'll make it.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    The Ipod touch would not happen anyways because I personally don't think that people would want to void warranty to jailbreak just for that. The game will most likely tie in with GS and will once I start learning RPG Maker XP be for pc and maybe gba if lucky.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You know that if you want to have it for multiple systems, you'll have to create it separately for each? Sure, you can make it in RMXP, but just don't expect to be able to port it to an iPod or the GBA. You'll have to either learn to program in a language supported by the iPod, or make a ROM hack for the GBA. If you're insistent on multiple systems, I'd recommend just making a ROM hack. Sure, you won't be able to have as many Pokémon or an elaborate control scheme, but you can run it on the PC, the GBA, or an iPhone with the appropriate equipment.

If you do want to include those features, I'd say make it for the PC first. You probably won't be able to make it for the GBA without resorting to a ROM hack, and I doubt you'd be able to directly port it to the iPod or iPhone. You'd most likely have to create a new game engine, and then remake all your maps etc in that.

Anyway, BlazingLink, 3 regions isn't hard. It will just take a while. If you look at Pokémon Hall of Fame, they already have almost 2 regions. And a new battle scene is easily possible with scripting.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    A homebrew developer awhile back made a new Pokemon game for the GBA. It went up to the first or second gym ,but had no music because of copyright issues if someone bootlegged the game. I am definately going towards a homebrewed game for the gba because then I could put in all of the Pokemon so far and try to make it compatible with the RSE generation so the game can be enjoyable as possible. And for those who doubt being able to put all 493 on, remember GSC. The games were based on the G1 engine of Yellow, and were able to program 150 new ones to the game. So, the game will be based off the engine of Fire Red , but this new game would have certain sinnoh pokemon with the new ones I'm creating. I've heard that the gba cart could hold far more than the space needed for the games, so I'm looking into adding more space to hold the Pokemon needed sucessfully. This is not a hack , it's a homebrew attempt not unlike the development of GS . Sure it's going to have alot of technical obstacles and what not, but if I ever get this into development , it's going to have 2 regions only and have the core 386 , evolutions and babies from sinnoh ( and the sinnoh starters) and 151 new creatures.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If the only reason you want to make a homebrew game instead of a hack is so you can add all the Sinnoh Pokémon , I'd say you might be better off making a hack and repointing all the Pokémon data to a larger table. It would be hundreds of times easier than making a homebrew game from scratch. Also, if by the homebrew Pokémon game you mean OpenPoké, I think that was cancelled (and very, very buggy anyway).
    Besides, if you're basing it off FR's engine, isn't that the same as a hack?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    If the only reason you want to make a homebrew game instead of a hack is so you can add all the Sinnoh Pokémon , I'd say you might be better off making a hack and repointing all the Pokémon data to a larger table. It would be hundreds of times easier than making a homebrew game from scratch. Also, if by the homebrew Pokémon game you mean OpenPoké, I think that was cancelled (and very, very buggy anyway).
    Besides, if you're basing it off FR's engine, isn't that the same as a hack?

Not if the game adds more than what was originally on it . Look at Gold and Silver, Gamefreak used Yellow's engine redesigned to fit the new types, maps, Pokemon, the Gameboy Color, etc. The game I'm conceiving would be like that, but with now the added weight of 200 some Pokemon added, both from Sinnoh and the new region, than what GF had to deal with when they made G/S. In essence , G/S was a rom hack as well as a complete reworking of Yellow coded with tons of new features. So, my game could be on the border.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I have been throwing around a concept for sometime for a Pokemon game that would be an equivalent to Gold and Silver. At first, It was going to be a Ruby sequel with the main characters as elderly version of the ones from Ruby, with 100 new Pokemon being featured. Then another came about , which was to be a G/S sequel , had the same amount of new Pokemon but with new evos, pre evos ,and Legendary birds .I used the latter ,and this is how it came up. The game I'm trying to make is going to have 493 plus 100 new ones , with the game taking up 32 MB for the Sinnoh and new fakemon after finding enough free space on Fire Red. This is not a hack because it will not just thrive on the space available, but it will flourish with new features such as skateboards.

Waudby

I still think this would probably be better off in the ROM hacking section (you'd get more views as well) because you are still using a ROM as a base and HACKING into it to change features.

Other than that the ideas look pretty solid.

Back