• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Pokemon Earthbrown,
    It's a Firered hack in the 60's
    It's my first hack ^-^

Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's

Well, to start it off Pokemon Earth Brown is set in 1969, well for starters computers were big machines
    that use punch hole cards and didn't have screens, The masterball and Mewto don't even exist and (this
    is the really creepy part) Proffessor Oak was still in his 20's (I don't know his exact age so bare with
    me). But hey, besides that, you have got fantastic groups of people like Hippies, tree huggers, Feminists
    Nerds, Impersonaters and every one else! But before I attempt starting to explain the storyline here are
    afew things that you must keep in mind!
    - There is currently a war going on between Jhoto and Hoenn (Lt surge said something about it,) Alot of
    People from Hoenn have come out to Kanto!
    - You are able to catch almost every pokemon, (Including some of the starters) in Kanto (I will explain
    why in the story)
    - Maps mostly remain the same, apart from that most look alot greener and have more trees, (less urbenised)
    - The Islands on the other hand, are COMPLEATLY difrent! They are made up of mainly hippies...
    - The 'Team' that you have to beat is Team Demiron (Demolition and Iron combined toghether) and they
    are a construction company that want to urbinise EVERYTHING, your job is to stop them in their tracks
    - Instead of pokemon like Mewto, Polygon and Polygon 2 there will be new pokemon taking their place!

Whilst I tried to base everything on the Pokemon Games and what every (random) had said, I had to use
    a little bit of creativity to make everything work!

This will be hard to explain, but I'll do my best! I divided it into four sections, one for each major
    charater!

Dandy and Mimi's story!

Okay, Dandy comes from Hoenn and Mimi from Jhoto, Well due to the war (It started about 5-6 years before)
    and conscriptions in place, Dandy and Mimi's faimillies flee to the islands, (since both faimillies
    think that the war is wrong, Unfortuntly there boat that they families were on hits a rock and Dandy and
    Mimi are seperated from them. Luckilly they wash up to Pallet town, where the Proffesor lives and so
    does Richie, and his faithful butler, this town is owned by Richie's dad and the Professors uncle (they
    are cousins) who owns the game corner in cerulian city! Well due to the proffessors kindness *cough*
    Dandy and Mimi start living there with Richie (Richard) there is a strong rivalry and dislike between
    them. Well the Proffessor gets given 3 Pokemon, Chikorita, Cyndiquill and Todidle (due to Kanto allyship
    with Jhoto). And so the jorney begains. (This is very breif)

Team Demiron's story!

A company called team Demiron, a construction company, want to revelutionize Kanto, like they have done
    in Jhoto! So Team Demiron starts up. Their boss, Bob (I won't show you his sprite just yet). Well forstarters
    they don't like places like mount moon, Viridian forest, and the safari Zone (that has just started up)
    and they wish to use the land for construction sites, killing the pokemons natural habitat! Oh no! But
    Dandy and Mimi have arrived, well they want to save all the forests and the pokemon so they take the
    Gymleader challenge, trying to get money/Stronger/famous so that they can stop team Demiron in there tracks.
    They also want to beat Richie and his butler because of a cirtain something (you might be able to work it
    out!). Also Mimi and Dandy want to search for their faimillies on the orange Islands.

Celi, and Celibi's story!

Well(I have created a new pokemon called Celi, the mother form of Celibi!) so bare with me, incase it gets
    very confusing. Well since Celibi is a time travel pokemon, I thought I could use that trait!) (and I havn't
    seen the forth movie, with celebi...so yes...If someone has seen it, and it totally controdicts my story
    PM me please!)

Because of the current team Demion, Celi censers danger, travels to the furture and realises whats going on
    tries to stop them (this was in 1963) unfortunatly team demiron proved way to strong and she realiesed that
    this, so in her final (breaths?) moments she used all her energy to create a pokemon called Celibi ('bi' meaning
    two! Like 'bi'nary (1's,0's) 'Bi'cycle (two wheels) ect.). And Celebi ran off retreating back in time, trying
    to figure out how to save the world (or something corney like that!) Well anyway, it comes back and is spotted
    by one of the members of team Demion, the team creates a ball that will capture Celibi so that they can
    controll it! Celibi retreates to a cave, but no one knows where...

How the war started and why all the pokemon are there!

(see Athors notes about this!) Well the war started due to a Hoenn man named DeRaction, he didn't like
    pokemon at all and started killing them for fun. But the millitary, because the people we being brainwashed
    to do it, and alot profit was made from pokemon helping them so they had a Coup de Eteu (I have no Idea how to spell that!)
    and there was a civil war going on. Many people were being killed so Jhoto steped in, unfortunatly it turned
    into an even bigger war, and due to the allience with Jhoto that Kanto had, a few people/pokemon were
    orded to step in. Many pokemon and innocent people were getting killed, so they ordered the Pokemon in that
    region to come to Kanto, also alot of pokemon from Jhoto came to, due to the 'revolutuinising' of that
    city. Some say DeRaction had been killed, others say that he fled to Kanto...who knows...

I could explain it in alout more detail, but you would probably be bored!

WHY o Why does Image shack put that ugly brown background around PNG's, WHY!!!

MIMI:Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Mimi is a girl that comes from Jhoto, due to the current war going on, and her father and brother are asked
    to fight in a war that they apose so much, Mimi's faimilliy flee to the orange islands, where they can blend
    in safely as hippies. The familliy travels to Hoenn, to try and rescue Mimi's older sister, where she is
    currantly studdying. Mimi was very young at the time, so she can't really remeber much. Her faimlly loved
    pokemon, and that is why Mimi would do almost anything for them. They met with another familly and traveled
    to the Orange islands, but the boat crashed and Mimi was separated. Mimi is one year younger then dandy,
    she is 13 (Not 10!!!) and wants to rescue save the Pokemon!

DANDY:Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Dandy comes from the Hoenn region and due to the civil war going on, and then the Jhoto invasion, Dandy
    lost both his mother and his father, (His mum was killed in the Civil war, and his father was a soldier
    killed in the Jhoto invasion. His older brother, Phillip met up with a girl at the university that they
    were both studing at (which happens to be Mimi's older sister!). Anywho Phillip, Dandy, and Dandy's baby
    sister travel with Mimi's familily, but the boat crashes, and Dandy and Mimi are washed asure to Kanto!
    Anywho, Dandy, is a tree hugger, he loves the environment, he would do anything, Anything for it! Dandy is
    one year older than Mimi, 14, and wants to do EVERYTHING to save the trees, including hating Team Demiron
    with a passion!

RICHIE:Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Richie, or Richard, is a spoilt little rich kid, who uses and abuses the environment, including, wasting
    all those fossial fuels (the tradgedy...*cough*). Anywho Richies dad owns the Cerulian Gamecorner, and
    suprissingly he can make millions (*coughthereisaspoilercough*). Richie dislikes Mimi and Dandy, and does
    anything to make therelife misrible, (because he thinks it's fun). He travels arounf with his 'buttler' and
    wants to be a pokemon master so he can please his father. Richie is the same age as Dandy, but ALOT shorter...

THE 'PROFFESSOR':Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Known as the Proffessor and, simply the professor, she dosn't allow any one to say her name, partly because she
    hates it. She Richies older cousin. And is always ether, Pesimistic, sarcastic, or a smarta**** (but she's
    loveble). Her clothes are a compleat opposite to her personallity. She reads alot, and is ALOT smarter then
    everyone else, so she looks down apon them. The professor is 19, and eventhough says alot of happy stuff,
    shes almost always Sarcastic!!!

BOB:
    Bob is the leader of Team Demion. (I haven't decided what his personallity should be like...I've made about
    10 difrent sprites regarding him) He's evil...

Well two Gymleaders are a suprise, but here are the other six, and I WON'T spoil the elite four...

Richie: "Hah, you want to take the gymleader quest?"

Mimi: What's wrong with the learders?
    Richie: Well for starters, there's a hillbillie, a Queen, a goth, a feminist, a impersonator, a Supermodel,
    a Supernerd, and...um...what's his face...er...
    Mimi: There going to be a Queen, that is so COOL!!!

No 1. Hill Billie Cliftus, Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Well, he's a hillbillie (is it Ie or Y?), whats more to be said, his gym is made up of his wife and sister (the
    same person) and likes using grass pokemon.

No 2.Drag Queen Sharleen:Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Well when Mimi herd that one of the leaders was a queen, she was really exited that she was going to meet
    royalty, but too but it was of the wrong kind...Well presenting Sharleen, She/he uses normal type pokemom
    and loves everything and anything that is cute! ^-^

No 3. I'm not going to spoil it...

No 4. Feminist Ester,Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Ester has a pasion for fire type, or ether that or she likes burning bra's(that was very stereotypical of
    me, I apologize) Ester, dosn't take a liking to Mimi at all, calling her too weak, but takes a strong
    likeing to Dandy...

No 5. Impersonator Mary Kaine (I think I spelt her name right)Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Whats more Scary then dark pokemon, IMPERSONATORS!!! The Gymleader using the 'Mary Kaine look' uses
    dark types. This gym is made up of impersonators! From Elvis to Abba...it's all there (impersonation was
    technically a 70's thing...but oh well!)

No 6. Supermodel JaiPokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's
    Mimi imediatly takes a liking to him, I wonder why...but anywho this gym is made up of girls and has
    a massive fan club. He is obsessed with himself. And uses Dragon type! It suits him ^_^!

No 7.Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's okay, I will say that he is a supernerd and uses electric type, but thats ALL!!! And my sprite went
    HORIBLY (bad spelling) WRONG!!!!

No 8. It's a suprise!

I have made two lists, things I want to do, and things that I can do...*nudge nudge, Wink wink to all
    those scripters* I am learning really hard

Okay here is a rough guide, Dandy meaning I WANT to do, MIMI meaning I CAN do!
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the brown!!!
    Special features so far
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's New starter pokemon
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's New gymleaders
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's New elite four
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's can catch all Pokemon (apart from forth generation)
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's New orange islands
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's three new pokemon!
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's It would be really awsome if I could make Dandy and Mimi travel toghether
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's Dandy and Mimi cut scenes (I've done the sprites!)
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's (this is really cool) but you can unlock areas with super rare pokemon by buying out countracts and
    Defeating team Demoiron.
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's This is what I really want do, but have little sprite faces when the charater is talking...
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's Double battles with Dandy and Mimi!

Okay (I'm really sorry, but with the stars, that means that Dandy's and Mimis sprite was placed there, since, my first hack that I did ALL the sprites for, corupted! But I have now got over a gig of backups! ^-^)

Oh and Don't bother critisisng the Artwork...I know its crap...It's my first time drawing oketaki (I think that's what it's called) pokemon style, and a did badly on the proportions...I left the white on the Professors leg...I thought it was a jpeg...
    The colours are HORIBLY WRONG!!!
    So far its just my self, but if there is anyone, anyone at all, who wants to help, I'll be more than happy!!!

I'll just be breif here because I can't be bothered typing anymore, and you probably can't be bothered reading anymore...
    The events in this game are based on Pokemon and real life, but I say BASED, since they are not exact, definatly not exact!
    All of the stuff below, is done (about 5 minutes each) from waiting for the stuff to upload, ironic isn't it, it takes more time to upload than it is to draw, I did it so you guys can have a real sense of the charater develment! (I'm on Dileup and its 48kbps, and the 64 mb or ram, and the 0.7Ghz can't be helping!!!)
    Since this isn't an artwork thread, don't bother critisisng it, I know whats wrong with it!
    If any of you want to know anything more about it, just ask!!!
    Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60'sPokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's

I am sorry for any spelling mistakes, I am very bad,
    If anyone wants to help I would be more then happy,
    And I apolgize for all those people who have dial up, I am one of them
    and I feal sorry for you guys!!!
    Also the beta won't be released any time soon!

Here is a banner if any one wants to suport it...Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's!

Enjoy!

Sejaa

-x-Flannery Fan-x-
    Years
  • Nice job look's great so far

(in the trainer shot's part where's mimi reaching for on dandy ^^) i really need to get a cleaner mind so anyway

i think this will go far and i hope it does i can do some spriting if needed pm me any way good luck

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    i like it but i dont know
    if this is a really hack or fake screenshots
    but i thing its really hack

calumoh

686578206D616E696163
    Years
  • oh cool putting some (slightly changed) real life events into a pokemon game! plus new pokemon! this game is gonna be groovy man (lol get it...60's...yeh)
    anyway good luck with it, its gonna be a nice game if u keep this up

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I like everything and can't wait to try this out, if you ever need a tester let me know...and I hope everyone can be patient in waiting cause to make this hack work its going to take time...good luck...the game looks like it will be great fun to play

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Looks promising.
    One thing that catches my eye, and it's nothing bad, its just that the people in the game, specially the girls and the main guy show some skin. Specially the Proffesor, her outfit is... well yeah. lol.
    But it's all good.
    Props on the hack and luck.

Years
  • This is the first Pokémon game to have an active war in it. I think the combination of a war and hippies reminds me of the Vietnam War. Also contact me via PM to get info on 1960's weapons technology.

Years
  • Red1530: Haha, yeah, that's what it's ment to remind you of! (I'm Australian by the way ^-^). But I love American history! (I just did this big massive essay on it! Lol!)

ssj: Yeah, I love the 60's, (I'm only 15!) But the really hard part is that they had NO computers!!!

Arekkusu Rizu: Thanks, yes, I know about the skin problem, (sound's like a deasese!). Alot of there outfits are 70's based and modified in to suit the 60's (I saved myself since the game is set in 69!).

Nox 30 04: Thank you so much!!!, If/when (I learn the scripting/hex part of how to do those events with out being buggy, it should be good!). I will definatly let you know, when stuff needs to be betaed (is that even a word)!
    But thanks again!

Tibiot: hopefully (if I can get the events right, then it might have a hope!) but my screens are really bad since I've been doing minor changes, that know one probably notices, and scripting! But thanks though!

Calumoh: Hopefully the events will work (I'm trying really hard to figure out how! But thanks! ^-^

Sharanza: hehe, I wouldn't do all that work for a hack that dosen't exist, and only the stars on the shot means that the main person was put there, because I'm trying to script one of the events in! (And those small sprites take a while to do!) The one where Dandy follows Mimi!) Also since my first one corupted, I've just been using the Japanesse version (I do own the FR^-^), But it has been alot easier to script, seriously! Thats why the pokemon can only have 5 letters! (I'm getting a rom conector cable for my birthday! and since most of my stuff is transfurable, it don't have a problem!!! I hope that cleared up your suspiction! But only the stars have been modified!

Sejaa: Yes, I only relised that after I coloured it in...I have an acedental sick mind, (I say things that sound gross without meaning too!=3 T_______T) Thanks for the offer!!! I really apreciate it!!!

Thanks to everyone who posted, I like knowing what people think, so then I can make it better! My screenshots are really bad so I alpologize! Help is always greatly apreciated! Thanks!

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • Your first post was filled with a lot of info....some that hardly had anything to do with the game <_<

But nevermind that, your game plot sounds cool. Sounds kinda like WW2 or sumthin', with people fleeing to "safer" places and all that. All the 60's trends you mentioned usually happened to western cultures, so I would have thought that Johto and Kanto(which I ASSUME is somewhere in the Pokemon world equal of japan, what with the japanese cultures involved which have been removed in the english dub) wouldn't have them. Is Lt Surge gonna make an appearance as well?

Your hack is extremely ambitious, not that I don't like the idea but I think you should drop a few out unless you have already made them. A lot of the features sound very difficult to implement and if you stick to something too long and it doesn't work out, you're gonna end up frustrated and the hack with probably go on hiatus or be cancelled - Just like many other hacks.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • This seems moderately interesting, with very original ideas. The only suggestion I have is to work on the shading in the sprites. (They look too shiny)

Years
  • This seems moderately interesting, with very original ideas. The only suggestion I have is to work on the shading in the sprites. (They look too shiny)

Your right, it looks like they used the hair gel from back then, (moose), and i didnt think hippies, and such, used moose, oh well..

Years
  • Razmazter: Thanks, so did my dad, I will try and make it as fun/funny as posible^-^!

DarkArcz: Hehe, I do tend to ramble on/get side tracked, and your right I am using alot of the western culture because thats what I know alot about! Yes your probably right about it being more set in Japan than anywhere else, there is no actual proof (I have seriously looked really hard, but I can't find any proper evidence, apartfrom Mew coming from South America) But because there is no exact proof, I can be a bit creative ^-^! It's based a little bit on WWII and a little bit on Vietnam!

The reason I got into hacking was (because I want to be a game designer) also to look a more simplistic code and learn how to create events, since building a compleate game from scratch was to annoying, I'm using this to learn as well as creating a game!!! I am trying to aim for more compex things, because I get bored if there is no challenge, and I figured this was a great place to learn!

Lt Surge is Definatly going to make an aperience, (But I won't spoil it!) All 'old' charaters/randoms are going to make an aperence!

Dark Lucario: Your definatly right about that! Especially on Mimi and Dandy, but thats the way that I wanted them to look!!! ^-^ I have a thing for shiney hair!!! (I watch so much anime...) But I will try and fix up the shading! especially on Dandy's jacket, *shudders*

Razmazter: You difinatly right about hippies not having hair gel, but how many people do you see with airborne bublegum pink hair or long and spiky electric lime green hair! But your right pointing that out, but I didn't want Dandy/Mimi to look like randoms! Thanks!

Thank you to every one who posted ^-^, I really apreciate it, even though the events seem ambitious I am willing to learn, (and if there is someone willing to teach me, even better *nudge nudge, wink wink*) But I will try to aim for those featres, since it will make the game that little bit more enjoyable!

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • You know, I've never seen a Pokemon hacker wrote this story based on the 60's. My brother wrote stories about how Pokemon is started. But I mostly come up with it.

I really love the new screens, keep up the good work.

Years
  • Lol, so far like how this hack is going, but how is your progress? Btw thanx for getting my name right! No one ever does xD

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Wow

Spoiler:

Jack 1

Years
  • insectduel: That's great to hear! The 60's (well at least '69, was the earliest time I could go, because of computers! Tecnically they didn't have screens and still used punch cards, but the tecnology in Pokemon (especialy the anime) has always been a bit more advanced! But it's way beond me thinking how pokemon could be created! Well done, and thanks!

Razmazter: Lol, if the spelling is there, I try harder! Well right now I'm focusing on getting Dandy following Mimi (or viseversa) to work, because then once I have done that the game will *hopefully* run alot more smoothly, So I will build around that, but if that dosn't go to plan, I have heaps (and I mean HEAPS) of backup plans, (I think I have about 8 decent ones...), I've learnt alot of the scripting so far, so the script should be running in about 3 weeks, give or take, and then it will be hopefully alot easier to program things!

jack1: Thanks for your suport!

So basically I'm trying to work out the events first, as a priority, so don't be alarmed if no new screenshots are being released, but if I can get the events right, it will change the game dramatically!!! If not, well, it will be your usual Pokemon game with a twist! *hopefully* ^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back