• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • They sure do! that's because they are! (I think I said somewhere above that it was eaiser! Or maybe not...) But because this is my second atempt, the first one, I tried to do the events but it failed and corupted the origional game/rom , so I started again, but this time with over a gig of backups... (I'm obsessive...) so far 3 have stuffed up, but, I don't have to worry since I got all thos backups...
    I do have fire red/leaf green!

Edit: when I get the scripting right, I'll by one of those cable things and redo it perfectly on my english version, If I can find one!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Nice to see more people getting into scripting! All those images are visually attractive.

Good luck trying to make such a complicated script. There are a few hacks out there which could use such a script!

Dont know too much about the sixties, so I could use this chance to learn, maybe?

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Pokemon Earth Brown, Pokemon in the 60's

Mind telling me why she is trying to grab his crotch?
    I don't think that's relavent to the hack. I dont think it was on purpose since you can tell that the female image was placed over the male one.
    Anywho...
    How's the hack coming along? I'm really looking forward to it. The storyline seems great and I like the trainers =] If you need any help, just let me know.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Like somebody said, the girl and boy's hair color is a bit too bright, and waxed. Well, I don't care about the waxed part, but the brightness is a bit much. Maybe try editing it so it's a little darker?

And as for the crotch comment, I didn't even notice, until you pointed it out. Har har.

Good work, however, on the ROM. Hopefully it will become great!

Hoping to hear more updates.

And see a little better job at the hair. Everything else (besides the card, as it seems to be representing the Japanese version than the English [name is different text, as far as I can tell, ID no.] seems to be great. Just the hair is a little strange to me. But, I'm just picky.

Anyways, good luck at hacking!

From,
    ~TheRoad

Years
  • Zel: Thanks, I find scripting fun ^-^, so I won't lose intrest! Hopefully it will turn out really good! I can't say you'll learn anything, but you might! ^-^!

Chris-h11: Thank you, when I get stuck I will be sure to ask you!!! Thanks so much!!! ^-^

OmegaGroudon: Thankyou! It's a very common mistake about me being a guy! ^-^

Razmazter: Lol, exactly right, I wonder how many girl hackers there are xD?

wait, there's a second page...

Last edited:
    Years
  • (I had my cousin's birthday party, so I couldn't reply to the second page! ^-^

XxGreivousxX: Lol, yes I know, Its an accidental error on my behalf, I can make things sound gross without meaning to...like the straw and my iced coffee...

Razmazter: I'm not to sure, but the 60's definatly wasn't a depression, and '69
    was way after WWII, but maybe...I have know Idea why I didn't notice it earlier, I apologize if I have affended anyone!

Arekkusu Rizu: Thanks, It definatly wasn't on purpose! If I hadn't of flattened the photoshop document and saved it like that, I would definatly change it! I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to do the script, (I love short cuts ^-^! But I managed to figure out a super-super-super long way...I think, but there must be another way, because it seems WAY to long, I'm betting that there is!). Well hopefully the story will be entertaining, which is the best?not to sure for right word)/interesting bit, but thanks!

TheRoad: Thank you! Lol, I didn't notice it either until I the tread was in action, I was hoping no one would notice...hehe...
    I will definatly make the sprites darker/less brightness, because I think I have 19 colours and your only sposed to have 16...well atleast it's easier...
    There will be alot more updates once I get the script fully functional! ^-^
    Once I get the script working I will transfur it to my fire red version, I think I know a place that sells cables (Just to cover myself ^-^), But for testing out scripts, the Japanese version is perfect (I'm quite cirtain that they are the same, I had a quick look with some random numbers on my stuffed up english version and they appear to be the same (I got a translated version of the Japanese which I thought was english! and I'm on dile up so I don't want to wait another hour and a 1/2, also for some reason your only alloud 5 charaters in letters! But yes...
    I'm going to learn how to pallet hack, I couldn't be bothered going through about 1500 difrent pals for Dandy, since its only a draft! ^-^, It's kinda annoying...but I've got faster at clicking, Lol! But Thanks!

Alma_CORE: Thanks for telling me that! Apart from the people sprites, professor oaks lab's roof, (which I couldn't find a tile for) and some of the pathways, would you mind telling me what I need to fix up! I can't seem to see anything else, ^-^

Razmazter: hehe, thanks! Correct ^-^, These are only the drafts!

But yes, Updates will come in bulks after I've finished the script, I think I know how to do one, but where to put it is probably the bigest problem, and debuging it...I hate debugging stuff...It's so anoying...but nessisery!
    but yes...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back