• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Earth Version

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Pokemon Earth Version

Basic Info
    Name: Pokemon Earth
    Author: Pokemon12345678901
    Hack of:
    Pokemon Earth Version

Storyline made by sophidius

About 60 years ago a meteor struck the Earth in a place called Rosswell. It appeared to have contained an extraterrestrial, but the US government said nothing. Instead, they decided to hide it inside a building called Area 51. Lots of people have believed it to contain an alien, but those rumors are false. In fact, it was merely an alien virus. Scientists experimented away with this virus and somehow it mutated to become Earth's first Pocket Monster: Deoxys! Soon another meteor struck the planet, this one containing little fairy creatures called Clefairy. They are said to live inside Yellowstone Mountain, but no one is allowed that deep. Deoxys started to copy and multiply itself and at some point managed to transform into other Pocket Monsters. As time passed more and more Pokemon started to appear though no one knew why. No one knew they were actually copies of Deoxys. At some point a Japanese scientist called Prof. Tajiri managed to fabricate Pocket Monster Balls, Balls in which the creatures (then nicknamed Pocket Monsters) could be caught and stored. The animals were driven from the lands as the Pocket Monsters spread. At a certain point 9 years ago (2000 AD) all animals had gone extinct, leaving only Pocket Monsters (or short Pokemon) behind. Now, in 2009, 9 years after the last animal's (ant) extinction the world is fully reborn and animals have nearly been forgotten. Pokemon are now fully integrated into modern-world's society. Schools have been transformed into Pokemon Academies, Shopping centres now feature Pokemon products. In fact, the world now revolves around Pokemon.
    However, there is a dark side to this whole new world. Religious conflicts still exist and the strike at the Twin Towers hasn't been forgotten by the US. Both sides battle for their own reasons, but neither side is righteous.
    You don't care much about the world's politics. Instead, you too are in the generation that grew up with Pokemon. You see Pokemon battles as a sport and want to become the world champion with it. Starting in the small town of Tahlequah you throw yourself in the regional Pokemon championships. Luckily you're a winner and so you are invited to the Pokemon Festival in Los Angeles. However, the people are a bit stronger there so you might have to train your Pokemon a little harder. Anyway, if you win the Pokemon Festival in LA you're qualified for the World Championships Tournament starting in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The WCT takes you to all edges of the world to train your Pokemon and getting higher in the world ranking list. The WCT Finals are held in Sydney, Australia. However, the World Champion (your rival) is not there. He appears to be a secret agent of the CIA and is called away for a mission in Antarctica. So, you journey to Antarctica to help him out and defeat the criminal boss who turns out to be the corrupt leader of the CIA. Anyway, you defeat him and the champion invites you to the WCT Finale in NYC. Here you defeat him once and for all and become the champion.

Features
    Pokemon Earth Version
    Every Pokemon will be catchable.
    Pokemon Earth Version
    You might see some animals, but you can't catch them since they aren't Pokemon.
    Pokemon Earth Version
    Pre-evolution of Seel.
    Pokemon Earth Version

Pokemon Earth Version
    New evolution for Pikachu using Fire Stone.
    Pokemon Earth Version

Pokemon Earth Version
    You'll meet Elite Four members before you get to the Pokemon League.
    Pokemon Earth Version
    Pikachu's sprite from HG/SS.
    Pokemon Earth Version
    The Sevii Islands will be Hawaii!

Progress
    First Few Towns and Routes Mapped, and I have a good team, but I still need more people.

Pictures (You know you love them)
    Spoiler:

Applaction for Job on Pokemon Earth Team
    Just PM the job you want. (If you join the team you'll be a gym leader or someone important.) Also I'm doing everything that isn't being done by someone else.
    Red = High importance Green = Mid importance Yellow = Low importance Pink = Depends
    Mapper
    Scripter
    Overworld Spriter
    Title Screen Inserter
    Trainer Spriter
    Trainer Back Spriter
    Music Inserter

World Map inserter
    New Pokemon front and back sprite spriter
    New Pokemon front and back sprite inserter

Tile Inserter
    Boot Screen Editing (Is there anything lower than yellow?)
    Beta Tester
    Banner Maker
    Other (PM me it)

Team
    Pokemon12345678901 - Almost everything right now.
    GavZ - Advertiser
    sophidius - Storyline Developer
    Blazefire111 - Mapper
    aribradshaw - Spriter

Applaction to become a trainer
    Spoiler:

Gym leaders & Elite Four
    Spoiler:

Towns/ Cities (I might add more later)
    Spoiler:

Banners! Show your support!!
    Spoiler:

(Sorry if this thread looks messy.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I can't wait for this! It looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

Years
  • So... everyone just forgets about animals only 9 years after they've gone extinct? And the whole world just accepts pokemon as the new thing, instead of schools teaching useful things?

What is Rosswell? Is that supposed to be kinda like Roswell? And since when is Area 51 a building?

And... wait, the towns are now countries? Yet the Sevii Islands are ALL Hawaii? The Sevii Islands are like a region by themselves, and you're making them a small chain of islands. Relative to the rest of the "world" wouldn't that make it like twice the size of Asia?

Every Pokemon will be catchable.
    Yay?
    You'll meet Elite Four members before you get to the Pokemon League.
    Is... that supposed to be exciting?
    Pikachu's sprite from HG/SS.
    So you're going to change Pikachu's sprite to one of a totally different style?

And why are you making 2 new pokemon out of old concept art? Why only 2? or why 2 at all?

The towns/countries are dull and boring, and don't really make sense.

And Lastly, that top banner is... blurry and distorted, low-quality... not good.

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • Sorry if I sound rude, but... so you need a mapper, a scripter, a spriter and people to insert all these things into the game. What exactly is YOUR role in this project? And I kinda agree with most Kenji has said up here. The story needs a little polishing and some things should be thought over. It's not that the idea is lame... it can work pretty pretty well... but you've gotta make us belive it.

And, why is Sao Paulo's GYM Leader called Ninõ? And why is it a GIRL?
    I mean... "niño" is a spanish word (for BOY), and here in Brazil we speak PORTUGUESE. That just doesn't sound correct to me.

But, anyway. If it undergoes some small conception changes... I don't see why this couldn't be a great hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    So... everyone just forgets about animals only 9 years after they've gone extinct? And the whole world just accepts pokemon as the new thing, instead of schools teaching useful things?

What is Rosswell? Is that supposed to be kinda like Roswell? And since when is Area 51 a building?

And... wait, the towns are now countries? Yet the Sevii Islands are ALL Hawaii? The Sevii Islands are like a region by themselves, and you're making them a small chain of islands. Relative to the rest of the "world" wouldn't that make it like twice the size of Asia?

Yay?
    Is... that supposed to be exciting?
    So you're going to change Pikachu's sprite to one of a totally different style?

And why are you making 2 new pokemon out of old concept art? Why only 2? or why 2 at all?

The towns/countries are dull and boring, and don't really make sense.

And Lastly, that top banner is... blurry and distorted, low-quality... not good.

1) That was my storyliner idea.
    2) Spelling Mistake.
    3) This is my first hack, so it won't be proportionaly correct.
    4) Just something I thought I'd mention.
    5) What is wrong with that?
    6) Yeah I liked them, and there might be more "Fakemon".
    7) I'm still working on that.
    8) Does that really matter?

Sorry if I sound rude, but... so you need a mapper, a scripter, a spriter and people to insert all these things into the game. What exactly is YOUR role in this project? And I kinda agree with most Kenji has said up here. The story needs a little polishing and some things should be thought over. It's not that the idea is lame... it can work pretty pretty well... but you've gotta make us belive it.

And, why is Sao Paulo's GYM Leader called Ninõ? And why is it a GIRL?
    I mean... "niño" is a spanish word (for BOY), and here in Brazil we speak PORTUGUESE. That just doesn't sound correct to me.

But, anyway. If it undergoes some small conception changes... I don't see why this couldn't be a great hack.

1) I'm doing everything that isn't being done by someone else. Right now I'm a mapper, scripter, inserter, and basically everything.
    2) I had a storyliner make it up.
    3) Sao paulo's gym leader name was made by my storyliner, and I didn't now it was boy.
    4) I'm still working.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Wow this looks totally awesome. ^^

So the Elite 4 are right here in NYC? SWEET. LOL (I live in NYC)

Good luck on this hack!!

Years
  • I have one question, how do yo are going to make the world map? The locations are VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY FAR AGO INTER THEY. Do you will create some maps? (Using the sevii islands map, for example) And... why not in Spain? xDDDDD. Spain has a very different zones: desserts, amazing woods, xDDD. Oops, but thats OK. It seems to be a great hack, when we will see more images??
    EDIT: And I think that the Sao Paolo Leader would have a Lombre, or a Ludicolo, why? Ludicolo is the carnival pokémon, and the most popular carnival is brazilian.

Last edited:
    Back