• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ebony Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    Pokemon Ebony Version
    Hack Of : Fire Red (US)

Pokemon Ebony Version

I'm really sorry if this is too big please tell me and I'll put it in a spoiler. :]
    I don't usually make banners :] but I like it.

My Status : Scripting Impotant Events!
    Update :
    - DEMO RELEASED!
    17th January
    - MORE SCREENIES! :D 29th December
    - Added a To-do List on the Thread 30th December
    - My first video! Yay! 1st January
    -
    PLASMEON!! - Look below - 8th January

Introduction
    About The Hack
    Welcome to the beautiful land of Kansai! Through your adventures in this new and unexplored world, make decisions that will affect not just relationships with characters but the whole world of Pokemon. Befriend Pokemon to fight evil, or use them as your weapons and join the forces of darkness and take over the world. Where does your heart lie?
    [Please Note I will be developing just the good side of the story first and once that is complete I will add the evil side option as well]

Story
    The Rare and unseen Pokemon Mew is rumoured to live deep in the shadows of Ebony Forest. It's said to be the mother of Pokemon. Containing abilities of all existing Pokemon.
    You the Hero/Heroine Begin your Journey in a little town called Rosewood. You awaken one morning and you go to visit your friends in your secret hideout. Your Friend wants to go exploring in the grassy fields just north. So You and Your Friend head up into the peaceful grassy route north of Rosewood, when you hear some voices and the cry of a sad Pokemon. Running towards the sound, you encounter a soft brown Pokemon, Eevee. It's laying on the grass and it's hurt. You decide to help the Eevee so you pick it up and hurry back to Prof. Willow's Laboratory in Rosewood. Prof. Willow takes the Eevee and nurses it back to health. The Eevee then starts following you around, it likes you, so you are advised to keep the Eevee for a while until you're sure it's healed. Thus receiving your very first Pokemon.
    Just after you take Eevee, Some men come barging into the Lab and they kidnap the Professor! You are attacked by one of these men's Pokemon, fending him off with your new Eevee. After they flee the scene your friend decides to go after them, he receives a Pokemon from the Assistant Prof. And rushes off to find them.
    Who are these men who took Prof. Willow? What do they want from her? What are their plans? Will you try to stop them? Or will you join them?

Features
    Completely new world, the Region of Kansai
    Brand new carefully made Maps, Scripts and Characters to enjoy!
    Entirely New Gyms, Gym Leaders and Elite four
    Of course new Events and Story!
    Plenty of catchable Pokemon Almost all Pokemon Obtainable (Gen 1, 2 & 3)
    Decision based Storyline, Chose your friends, chose your side.
    All Trade based Evolutions and Time based Evolutions will be changed
    Probably more to come!

Screenshots
    There are a few tile errors but I've fixed them. :] [Please Note that content of Screenshots may have changed]
    Spoiler:

Some Mapshots for those who want them :] (Warning, they are considerably large compared to a screenshot)
    Spoiler:

Videos

To the Rescue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZpL1aF-B8E
    Jump Fence Script - Nidoran Farm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znstfy5MNXc

Team
    Me, Zadow. Everything!
    Tainui, Inserting, graphical hacking, partial but advanced scripting.

Credits
    Woopah Inc. :] (Me and my Friends)
    My Family for Ideas.
    Colcolstyles for help.
    Diagoisawesome for writing a great Scripting tutorial.
    Pokecommunity!
    Hiroshi Sotomura/thethethe/interdpth Anti-Piracy Screen Patch. :] (Wasn't sure who to credit for this so I'll credit them all, they all did fantastic jobs anyway. :])
    Fallkitten for a wonderful banner
    ShadowForce_G for another wonderful banner
    DRAGOON + thepkmnworld forums + PokeTex + Redblueyellow + thespritersresource for Lovely HG/SS OWs =]
    Alucus_Of_Borg For tiles (Wont see these yet)
    Alistair for tiles as well. (Wont see these yet either)
    ROM base credits
    ~Mega credits to BlitZ for the basic grass tiles and inserting everything
    ~MOP, for the mountain and the Mountain covering
    ~Mitchel 1 and Kyledove for tiles
    ~Wesley FG for tiles
    ~Saurav for tiles

I need help with.../Jobs available
    Help inserting the world map
    Maybe some help touching up the titlescreen? :]
    Any Ideas and Suggestions are always welcome!

Application for Help
    Name :
    Form of Contact/ Email :
    Job applying For :
    Skills, Proof of Work :

To-Do List Of Stuff
    :]
    Spoiler:

Rules
    Of course all of Pokecommunity's rules :p
    Constructive criticism is nice
    No flaming or arguing please.

Do NOT ask for Betas or ask when the next release is.
    Report Bugs as you find them, make sure they're not on the list first.
    Do NOT ask to be a mapper or scripter. I can do both and want to do both on my own.

Bugs/Odd Things/Problems
    To Fix Fixing Fixed
    Small errors in scripts and textFixed
    Door Animations are buggyFixed
    The old palette reflects in the water
    Mom has no script before trying to leave the houseFixed
    Some tiles that shouldn't reflect OWs and Clouds Reflect them.

Banners
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    i REALLY like the story. i hope i see this completed!
    Thanks ^^ There are of coure many more little details to this game that I'm not just going to reveal, people have to play it! (once It's got more scripts and actual playability to it :p) I hope to see it completed one day too. :]
    Great job about the titlescreen
    Keep up the very good work
    :)
    Thanks. ^^ I made the bubbles and the Mew sprite myself. :D (It's what people call a 'pixel over' I think, either way It's my first)
    I'll put some map shots in a spoiler on the first post for anyone who wants to look, maybe tell me if I could improve them :p

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I see you are working hard with this. I liked the titlescreen. I noticed something though, shouldn't Mum be spelled as Mom? Well, good luck with it anyways.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    What a great map that you made it.
    :)
    ^^ I work hard on my maps to make them look nice.
    I see you are working hard with this. I liked the titlescreen. I noticed something though, shouldn't Mum be spelled as Mom? Well, good luck with it anyways.
    haha ^^; You're right..I'll fix that right now. I have been working really hard. I spent ages reading tutorials as I developed my plans, I did HEAPS of messing around with the title screen before I eventually got good at inserting it (Need to insert my logo) and finally over the last few days actually started making Pokemon Ebony (I don't know why I love the name so much). I was really nervous at first about posting my hack. But I'm glad I'm getting positive responses. =] Thanks. Going to work on some more scripts, maybe eventually get a youtube acount and make some videos.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This looks like a good hack.
    I just noticed, in the screen that says "Let your dreams run far
    with your shoes" the " is facing the wrong way.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    This looks like a good hack.
    I just noticed, in the screen that says "Let your dreams run far
    with your shoes" the " is facing the wrong way.
    Thank you very much, and hmmm, yes, I noticed that too. (You are talking about the quotation mark aren't you?) I'm not actually sure how to fix that, but I will try =] (I probably just require a little hex value or something)

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    Name : Roy
    Form of Contact/ Email : [email protected]
    Job applying For : mapper (^-^)
    Skills, Proof of Work : none as of yet, although i have done an edit of which i could send you the link on megaupload
    I'm sorry, I don't want any mappers. If I change my mind I'll let you know, but, for now mapping and scripting I want to be done by me. Thanks anyway.
    Do NOT ask to be a mapper or scripter. I can do both and want to do both on my own.
    Was under my rules >.<

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Ohh, nice to see my rombase at work ^^'. I like you're story, as it is neat and organized, as with the presentation of the thread; it's pretty professional ^^. But your title screen is pretty basic and your maps need improving. The style of tiles is meant to have a lot of decor and such. I give this hack a very good rating compared to others out there, and I wish you the best of luck and godspeed to the first beta. By the way, If my newest idea doesn't get into the hotw, ill be sure to vote for yours xD

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    Haha, Posting on Christmas day...gee I totally have a life ey... >.<
    If you like that you can take it=)
    https://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9924/19106421.jpg
    I really like your hack!It is really great!Title screen is amazing!
    Thank you so much! The banner is adorable! :D *puts it up in first post*
    hello every body!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello?
    Mum = British English
    Mom = American English

Anyway the titlescreen looks nice, but I dislike the outside palletes.
    Well, I guess since when I play the Pokemon games it's always 'Mom' I'll stick to that for now. I still need to do a lot more work on the titlescreen. But I'm glad you like it. ^^ Hmmm..well..I'll keep it in mind about the palettes, I seem to like them though.

Ohh, nice to see my rombase at work ^^'. I like you're story, as it is neat and organized, as with the presentation of the thread; it's pretty professional ^^. But your title screen is pretty basic and your maps need improving. The style of tiles is meant to have a lot of decor and such. I give this hack a very good rating compared to others out there, and I wish you the best of luck and godspeed to the first beta. By the way, If my newest idea doesn't get into the hotw, ill be sure to vote for yours xD
    Hey! ^^ I absolutely love the ROM base, though I need to insert a variety of buildings, I can't have all towns the same... and I hate most of the original tiles. :p I spent ages as I began working developing what would be my thread in a writing program. I was too nervous to post it at first :) I'm not done with the title screen (Obviously) I could try putting in a background, hmmm..(Just last time I tried I got that tilemap error with the three small squares and then for some reason had some trouble with the palettes. Rosewood town is, what is it, my thrid ever map? I learned quickly from my mistakes. :D And there is always room for improvement, I'll try seeing if I can make them prettier later. ^^ I saw a lot, of....'sloppy' hacks around, I wanted to make sure mine didn't end up under that catagory ^.^; And, thanks, that'd be cool. :D It's great to have Constructive Critisism.
    Wow,great hack.The storyline is pretty intresting.Keep up the good work!
    Thank you ^^ I'm glad mostly everyone is enjoying my storyline.
    ...so how exactly do these hack things work? =/ ....or are they just ideas?
    Gah, how on Earth do I start replying to this? Maybe PM me and I can try and explain some things to you?

Wow, long post :p
    Merry Christmas everyone! (And/or enjoy any other sorts of celebrations people may have based upon beliefs, religons, or just plain fun!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Thank you very much, and hmmm, yes, I noticed that too. (You are talking about the quotation mark aren't you?) I'm not actually sure how to fix that, but I will try =] (I probably just require a little hex value or something)
    Yeah, I'm talking about the quotation mark.
    IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    i like your maps.. cant wait to play this game!
    ahh.too bad i dun know anything about making games or else i'd be helping you out ><

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back