• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon: electric yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryrygt

Lord of Fire
Years
  • Do you possibly think that they will do something like a remake of yellow version? Or the remake of the gold and silver?

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • They might. I think I heard somewhere that at the end of the FR/LG credits it shows Charizard,Blastoise,Venasaur,and Pikachu,so this might mean they're going to make that Yellow remake. I hope they do. In Yellow, I liked starting with Pikachu and I liked him tagging along with me everywhere. It would be cool if they made a Yellow with better graphics,every Pokemon,and the Rainbow Islands. They also might make those G/S remakes. I liked G/S too. They added a lot of new things to Pokemon,like Day/Night. However,Nintendo might bore its customers and lose money by making so many remakes. But then again,the same amount of people might still buy them..You never can tell.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I think the name would be ThunderYellow. And I am 110% sure that they will make it. Don't ask me how I know. Its common sense. Saying that there will be no ThunderYellow is like saying there was no Yellow, Crystal, or Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Well, I don't think they'll be making another remake, at least not for any time soon bbecause the purose of FR/LG is to provide RBY/GSC Pokemon for R/S. Now that almost all pokemon can be caught legitably through one of the games, another remake will be meaningless and a waste of time and money.

ryrygt

Lord of Fire
    Years
  • lol wouldn't it be funny if they had like.....shiny gold.....and sterling silver....and smooth chrystal lol that would be funny

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Hey! I'm actually down for the idea of GSC remakes and Yellow remakes. I liked playing Yellow, and keep in mind that not all of the GSC pokemon can be caught in FR/LG. Of course, that's why they have Colliseum, but not everyone has it, so you'd need new GSC remakes to catch 'em all. I just hope Nintendo/Game Freak does make remakes *thinks that if not, he will send them all to the Shadow Realm*.

Last edited:

ryrygt

Lord of Fire
    Years
  • lol yea send them to the shadow relm yugi!!!!!!I would personally like to see yellow remade...i liked pikachu following you around......i wish all pokemon games were like that...u could choose any pokemon you wanted to to follow you around...or fly above you like a charizard...

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • WTF(it means what the freak, I swear)

PsychoAnime said:
    Well, I don't think they'll be making another remake, at least not for any time soon bbecause the purose of FR/LG is to provide RBY/GSC Pokemon for R/S. Now that almost all pokemon can be caught legitably through one of the games, another remake will be meaningless and a waste of time and money.
    What the heck are you smoking?
    The purpose of FR/LG is not just to let R/S/E have Johto and Kanto Pokemon.
    Remakes of RBY and GSC have been requested by the people, and They have heard our cries. Adding Johto Pokemon was just an extra.

Making TY would not be a waste of time or money either. Chances are, if TY gets released it will sell better than FR/LG or R/S/E.

Also, They have made 3 for every set now. RBY GSC RSE and now FR/LG. Can't you take a hint?

Also, making 3 games is a great marketing idea. When the first two come out, some people will buy both versions to 'catch 'em all'

Then they come with a Third that has extra features and everyone buys that game also, but they reduce the amount of Pokemon in it so that you must trade with both FR and LG to catch them all. But in this case, you must trade with R/S/E FR/LG/TY to catch them all. Ingenius.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I wouldn't mind a remake of Yellow, long as the name isn't Thunder Yellow. Either way, I wouldn't buy it. As for the remakes of GSC...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MAKE US A NEW, NEW, I REPEAT NEW GAME TO PLAY. *waits for 4th gen*

Years
  • I saw that cover too, but a certain pokemon site confirmed it as a fake.

I would love for them to remake Yellow. I think it was one of the best games to date, besides R/S. I liked how Pikachu's emotions changed and how he followed me around. The only down-side is that he couldn't evolve... I also liked yellow because it was my favourite game all over again. Remaking it again would be great.

As for the purpose of FR/LG, it was to bring all the Pok?mon to the GBA. I believe Nintendo has said that a few times, although, you can prove me wrong, becuase I have no proof of it.

I think they should make G/S again, but I know they probably won't. It would serve no purpose...although... Johto is no where on the GBA as of yet...

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • id like thunder yellow,i even like the name. i would hate if they make a remake of my least favorite set g/s. crystal was good but u cant have crystal without g/s.
    yellow was a great game. bottom line i want a remake of that game.

g/s/c were just filler games.

we ALL didnt expect emerald wen r/s came out, and most of us dont expect TY. but in the end they might/will make it.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • The sole purpose wasnt for all pokemon to be available, it was to remake the originals. They originally werent going to make these remakes until after RSE. When producing RS(E) they sought to make the game with a mostly-brand-new set of pokemon.
    Thats when the cries of the fans were heard. How could all 386 Pokemon be cought? By remaking the originals!

Remaking the originals has been an idea that they have had for a while. With RS(E) they found a perfect opportunity to Remake them, because of the new set of Pokemon. If they didn't hear the cries of the people, they would have probably just started with the 4th-gen of Pokemon.

Its one of those ideas, whereas the company originally says its not feasable, until they have the opportunity to make an excuse to make a new game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Brittany, that's what i just said. It's to bring them to the GBA. You're kinda contradicting yourself. "It's not to bring the Pok?mon to the GBA, it's to make the originals!" Well, they could have made a new game and had all of the original Pok?mon in it, and they would have still accomplished their task.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • You're Right, I'm Right

Torn said:
    ....Well, they could have made a new game and had all of the original Pok?mon in it, and they would have still accomplished their task.
    Yea, this was the oppurtunity to remake the originals. The killed two birds with one stone. They had remakes of the original games(like the fans wanted), plus they could intruduce Kanto/Johto Pokemon to the RSE series.

Remaking RBY has been an idea that they have had for a while, they just found the perfect opportunity when RSE came along.

When I said remake the originals, I didn't mean remake the original Pokemon, I meant remaking the original games themselves.

Years
  • they should make a remake of yellow it would be awseome to see a little pikachu following u around !!!!!! :confused: :disappoin :badsmile:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Yea, and it would be cool if you could evolve Pikachu to Raichu, and have a Raichu follow u around.

I didn't know that my Pikachu would stop following me when I played the original Yellow, and I didn't notice Pikachu was gone until after I saved my game. I was very sad.

Years
  • Awww, that (can I suy 'sucks' on the forum? I might as well not...to be safe) is no good, Brittany (Ok, I did my best).

I think I actually stopped playing Yellow because I got tied up in G/S. I must have bought it late...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back