• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon: electric yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vappy

I r Teh Leet
Years
  • 1) They are not planning on remake the third game of the generations. Afterall why would they? Have you played Fr/Lg. There is so much in it there is no reason to make a yellow remake just to have pikachu follow you.

2) They are working on the 4th generation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Brittany15 said:
    What the heck are you smoking?
    The purpose of FR/LG is not just to let R/S/E have Johto and Kanto Pokemon.
    Remakes of RBY and GSC have been requested by the people, and They have heard our cries. Adding Johto Pokemon was just an extra.

Making TY would not be a waste of time or money either. Chances are, if TY gets released it will sell better than FR/LG or R/S/E.

Also, They have made 3 for every set now. RBY GSC RSE and now FR/LG. Can't you take a hint?

Also, making 3 games is a great marketing idea. When the first two come out, some people will buy both versions to 'catch 'em all'

Then they come with a Third that has extra features and everyone buys that game also, but they reduce the amount of Pokemon in it so that you must trade with both FR and LG to catch them all. But in this case, you must trade with R/S/E FR/LG/TY to catch them all. Ingenius.

You and some other people might be crying for another remake, but are those numbers enough to actually make money? Pokemon Fans are also crying out for a brand new game, what makes you think they won't answer those cries first?

Also, what do you mean "Chances are, if Ty gets released now, it will sell better than FR/LG or R/S/E? How are you calculating those chances? It seems you are just guessing.

Next, would anyone want to lose money just for the sake of being complete and make the third game? You might, but not all people lack money-managing abilities.

Remaking another game with quests that are almost the same as 2 other remakes sounds like a horrible idea. If they do make TY, it will be the 6th game with the same quest, oprobably with new challenges that take 10 minutes to complete. That is very repetitive. People would rather have a new game with another adventure rather than a remake. With Gonbe newly released, 4th Generation Pokemon are not far behind.

Many consumers will not buy a game just for an extra Pikachu and maybe some new advetnures that offer at most 2 hours play time.

Take my advice: Don't take drugs. You, ingenius? Perhaps quite the opposite.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • What was that?

PsychoAnime said:
    You and some other people might be crying for another remake, but are those numbers enough to actually make money? Pokemon Fans are also crying out for a brand new game, what makes you think they won't answer those cries first?

Actually the cries are enough to make TY. They did it with all the other sets, so whats stopping them from remaking this?

PsychoAnime said:
    Also, what do you mean "Chances are, if Ty gets released now, it will sell better than FR/LG or R/S/E? How are you calculating those chances? It seems you are just guessing.

I'm basing that upon their past. They have done it with all the other generations. Its only the next logical step. Plus remaking a game is easier than making a new game. They may be holding the next game for the DS.

PsychoAnime said:
    Next, would anyone want to lose money just for the sake of being complete and make the third game? You might, but not all people lack money-managing abilities.

Yes, it has happend with all the other ones(YCE). Infact, some people will wait for TY and not Buy FRLG

PsycoAnime said:
    Remaking another game with quests that are almost the same as 2 other remakes sounds like a horrible idea. If they do make TY, it will be the 6th game with the same quest, oprobably with new challenges that take 10 minutes to complete. That is very repetitive. People would rather have a new game with another adventure rather than a remake. With Gonbe newly released, 4th Generation Pokemon are not far behind.

I know alot of people that would want a TY regardless of if its the same game. And like I said, they may be holding the next game for DS.

PsycoAnime said:
    Many consumers will not buy a game just for an extra Pikachu and maybe some new advetnures that offer at most 2 hours play time.
    Actually, many consumers will. Its happened with YCE.

PsycoAnime said:
    Take my advice: Don't take drugs. You, ingenius? Perhaps quite the opposite.
    Take my advice: Dont be retarded. You, trying to prove me wrong? Perhaps quite the opposite.

Vappy said:
    1) They are not planning on remake the third game of the generations. Afterall why would they? Have you played Fr/Lg. There is so much in it there is no reason to make a yellow remake just to have pikachu follow you.

2) They are working on the 4th generation.
    Why would they remake? Because it would sell. Why else?
    They know that there are fans that want a TY. We will see what happens.

They have not said that there is work done on the 4th generation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow! Awesome!

I, for one, would like to have a Thunder Yellow. It'll be nice just to see Pikachu following me around. Who knows, they might even add new land, make more features, heck, even make animations and different locations and stuff. That'll be awesome! I guess I'm one of the crying fans for Thunder Yellow. I hope they will release it. After all, was there not a pattern for Red, and all the other games. It could be like this:

RED, BLUE, GREEN: Yellow
    GOLD, SILVER: Crystal
    RUBY, SAPPHIRE: Emerald

and the newest addition,
    FR/LG: TY = Thunder Yellow.

I also hope for a Gold/Silver and Crystal Remake. I would buy it for sure! Just because I don't like the anime doesn't mean I don't like games!

(Man, I just said a fact about myself, I don't like the anime)
    Anyways, that's my opinion. I hope everyone can have their own opinion.
    ~Tetris

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • What I have always wanted to play, was a game that did all of them in order. Kanto/Indigo league, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, then a new place.

and have Pikachu follow you too!
    I know this will never happen though....

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2004
    why did you senser ***nn? oh well any way ty would be nice but i don rly mind.

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
  • I'd prefer Lightning Yellow myself, as Thunder is just a noise, not an electrical discharge. ;)

It'd be alright. There are still people who play pokemon for the sheer cuteness of it, Yellow would suit them perfectly. And besides, it'd be great to have all three starters again AND Pikachu.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • I liked the Yellow version the best too. The Pikachu was somewhat annoying, but it was cool. What would be even better is if it were exactly like Ash's journry in the TV shows.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Personally I don't think there won't be a ThunderYellow, there wouldn't really be a need for it. A Gold and Silver Remake? Perfect Idea ^_^.

Brittany15 said:
    What I have always wanted to play, was a game that did all of them in order. Kanto/Indigo league, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, then a new place.

and have Pikachu follow you too!
    I know this will never happen though....

Orange Islands were just a filler series in the Anime, You can be sure of this because the Manga is the true source. Although it would be cool to have an Orange Islands game ^_^

ryrygt

Lord of Fire
    Years
  • it would be... but i believe in what brittany says I would love to go through all of the games and then a new one

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
  • I would be very pleased if they came out with a remake of yellow. I would like it if they had more places to go,like when you bet the Kanto pokemon league you move onto Jhoto or somethin...

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
  • Wow good point. I think that after they do all the remakes they should use their heads and think of something new. New world, Old pokemon....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, if they are going to release it - it won't be until early next year, as that's when Emerald will have died down and Coro Coro can get news of something new. I personally wouldn't like to see Thunder/Electric/Whatever Yellow, since it'll be a remake of yellow in which there's a Pikachu, adn you et all the starters, and you see Jessie and James, and in my opinion - the anime ruined the scope of the games for many people - mainly in Europe, but also in America I think. But... I'm just rambling. If it does come out, it'll be next year some time... that's for Japan BTW.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Actually the cries are enough to make TY. They did it with all the other sets, so whats stopping them from remaking this?

I'm basing that upon their past. They have done it with all the other generations. Its only the next logical step. Plus remaking a game is easier than making a new game. They may be holding the next game for the DS.

Yes, it has happend with all the other ones(YCE). Infact, some people will wait for TY and not Buy FRLG

I know alot of people that would want a TY regardless of if its the same game. And like I said, they may be holding the next game for DS.

Actually, many consumers will. Its happened with YCE.

Take my advice: Dont be retarded. You, trying to prove me wrong? Perhaps quite the opposite.

Why would they remake? Because it would sell. Why else?
    They know that there are fans that want a TY. We will see what happens.

They have not said that there is work done on the 4th generation.

I think it's safe to say now that TY won't be coming out, so I win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back