• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald Competition

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    The most easy to win Contest Competition is:
    1.)Beauty-use fire or water pokemon
    2.)Cool-use electric pokemon
    3.)Tough-use rock, ground or steel pokemon
    4.)Smart-psyhic pokemon

How about you all?

Years
  • I dunno, I always found Ice type Pokemon the easiest to use in Beauty type contests. Every Ice type move is under the Beauty category, and I swept through the four contest levels pretty easily with Castform in its snowy form. And while Psychic seems like a sure-fire bet for the Smartness category, I always seemed to do well with Seviper, since a number of the Poison type moves it can learn were in the Smart category.

Have to agree with your Cool and Tough choices though, as I remember using an Aggron for the latter, and I believe a Manectric in Cool contests.

Xrx

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I think Smeargle is the best Pokemon for contests. You can teach it four suitable moves for the contest category you want to participate.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've always found Manectric or Swellow uber in Cool contests. Shock Wave / Aerial Ace + Quick Attack works a charm as there's less jamming in those.

Ninetales is my go to Beauty pokémon.
    Yeah Ground is good for tough though - Swampert clears up, and Psychic for Smart.
    Normal-types for Cute too.

Legends are usually versatile enough to dominate 2 categories though (obviously you can only choose to max out in one though) - Latios / Latias can be adapted to Cool or Smart or Beauty

Back