• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon emerald curropt !!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Ahhhh after getting back into pokemon i was playing PM emerald put at least 40 hours into it had 4 of the eight badges and boom i turn it on and my save file was erased gone because it said it was curropt AHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!

i had a used one but still i think leaving your DS in your backpack in the outside heat can do that ....

well this wont stop me i bought a New Emerald and will be more careful with this one has this ever happend 2 yall ???

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Hmm ia m surprised i just scaned through the net and this is a big problem for 3rd gen pokemon games well after u beat the elite 4 and it saves u file can be curropt ..and u might have to start all over agian

i think it happens tho with counterfit Game carts i bought a NEW one tho out of the box hopefully this will not hapen agian

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Ahhhh after getting back into pokemon i was playing PM emerald put at least 40 hours into it had 4 of the eight badges and boom i turn it on and my save file was erased gone because it said it was curropt AHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!

i had a used one but still i think leaving your DS in your backpack in the outside heat can do that ....

well this wont stop me i bought a New Emerald and will be more careful with this one has this ever happend 2 yall ???

Is your game genuine? Many fake ones have saving issues.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    There are a few things that could've happened. I've never really heard of a game's save file going corrupt because of really hot environments, but the problem could be that your game was fake. Or, sometimes the save files will corrupt if you accidentally cut off the power when it says, "Saving, don't turn off the power..." That's why I don't ever turn the power off until it says "LINDSEY saved the game." and that menu disappears from my screen. :)

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I've never, ever had a problem with saving ever since I began playing these games back in 2000.

Get a legit copy of emerald, I say. I hate pirates, they make a poor example of Pokemon games. Nintendo also doesn't get your money that way, in other words, its illegal. Cheat codes can also be a factor. Don't ever use them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Well, my FireRed suddenly stopped saving a while back. It just said 'Save file has been deleted' and completly erased my game. Has'nt saved since. I dunno what I did to it though...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Now that I'm over the shock that you played for 40 hours and only ended up with four badges, was your game fake? If the cartridge is grey, then that's definitely not the Emerald I'd want.

But I'm also debating on whether or not the internal battery is messing up...which seems a bit too soon for a game that young.

Ayselipera

Nothing bad has ever happened to any of my games.
    Even my Blue and Yellow are still kicking!

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Only my yellow version does that. And even then it doesn't say it's corrupt, it just doesn't have a save file the next time I play. I never leave my DS/other handhelds in the extreme heat or cold. (I didn't even have the yellow that long, I bought it off a friend)

kickbuttplaya

has learned a give poke script
    Years
    O.o

i never knew that could happen!

but i dropped my poke yellow cartridge in the snow for a sec then it wouldnt work for a day
    but it wasnt curropted after i still had the data on it

Last edited:

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    Weird how you played 40 hours and only got 4 badges.. Unless you just leave your game on, which might explain something but not much.

magical umbreon

Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

the same exact thing happened to me man what you wanna do is leave it off for a week, DONT SAVE OVER IT, then turn it back on and it should be back, if that doesnt work put in pokemon ruby or sapphire, save, and the turn it back on.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I suspect the heat thing happened my old Platinum because it was in my bag with my computer which was on standby and so rather warm and when I played again it kept freezing.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I had a (very good) counterfeit copy of Emerald. It was fine until I tried to connect it to anything.

If the heat is what damaged it, it must have been freakishly hot outside =| and it would be odd for the cartridge to be damaged and not your console, which to be honest has more delicate parts in it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    There are a few things that could've happened. I've never really heard of a game's save file going corrupt because of really hot environments, but the problem could be that your game was fake. Or, sometimes the save files will corrupt if you accidentally cut off the power when it says, "Saving, don't turn off the power..." That's why I don't ever turn the power off until it says "LINDSEY saved the game." and that menu disappears from my screen. :)

^This happened to me in a legit Pokemon Emerald! I was saving right before a Secret Base Battle (the type you do after mixing records), and the game dislodged or something during the "Saving. DON'T turn off the power..."sequence (either my finger nudged it accidentally or the cartridge hit another surface). Then, instead of getting the usual "The save file is corrupt. The previous save file will be loaded" message, I unexpectedly got the message "The save file will be erased due to corruption or damage."
    Believe me, I was pissed off after losing several Lv. 100 Pokemon, Battle Frontier records, and a legit Shiny. The file wasn't even hacked before! :cer_pissed:
    Luckily, I was just doing a brief run-through of the game, so I wasn't that dedicated to the save file. I don't get why the previous, perfectly fine save file couldn't be reloaded like it usually is during corruption... I tried shutting the power off while saving again, but the previous-file reload worked perfectly fine like it should... :cer_confused: But you can bet I'm extremely more careful when I save nowadays.

As to the problem highlighted in the OP, I'm guessing either the game was counterfeit and had instability (thus leading to corruption), or extreme heat did the trick. I do well to shield my electronics from extreme heat/cold as well, so I can't say for certain what the problem here is...

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    It happened to me twice, or more times.
    I was playing in the Battle Frontier and i was set back to the island entrance. It happened because i didn't save, though.
    Are you sure your game is legal?

TheUltimat

リザードン
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Is there actually a way to verify that your game is not a fake before you buy it? Because when I got my Emerald, it look like it was a proper version, but after completing the Elite 4 the save was deleted. Now if you save a game at any point, reset the console, the game will have no save files what so ever, and won't even say that the file was corrupted. Due to this, I was going to buy a new one, so is there a way to tell before it's too late?
    Thanks, and sorry if I'm hi-jaking your thread. I just thought it would be appropriate here...

Back