• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Baadar

I'm nothing...
    Years
    Wow nice, i'm not a hyper fan of Moemon, but i do play with it at times to have something different from other roms, but question...that moemon patch goes first? before the moemon patch? after it? a bit of clarification there would be highly appreciated :3

Years
    Wow nice, i'm not a hyper fan of Moemon, but i do play with it at times to have something different from other roms, but question...that moemon patch goes first? before the moemon patch? after it? a bit of clarification there would be highly appreciated :3
    I made that specifically for Emerald Final, its meant to be applied to a ROM after you patch the main "Pokemon Emerald Final v7.36.ips" patch, as with all the optional patches 🙂

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    - EVs are capped at 252
    what do you mean by this ?

Also I love faithful romhacks, Good job

Years
    - EVs are capped at 252
    what do you mean by this ?

Also I love faithful romhacks, Good job

The normal maximum amount of EVs per stat is 255, but since the EVs work by granting a +1 to the stat for every 4 EVs, you only need 252 to get the full boost to any one particular stat and those additional 3 points are wasted. So by capping them at 252, it prevents you from wasting points.

I'm glad you like what I've done! Thanks ☺️

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Currently playing the Moemon patch. Berries can be obtained. I think the only little nitpick so far is that some sprites are too low, if that makes sense. Aron and Shroomish's legs would disappear when my Pokemon's HP bar thing appears. Some sprites are too high, but not a lot compared to the low-hanging sprites. Ralts is another example that comes to mind.

Years
    Currently playing the Moemon patch. Berries can be obtained. I think the only little nitpick so far is that some sprites are too low, if that makes sense. Aron and Shroomish's legs would disappear when my Pokemon's HP bar thing appears. Some sprites are too high, but not a lot compared to the low-hanging sprites. Ralts is another example that comes to mind.

Yeeaah my first time trying to align sprites, I thought I eyeballed it well enough but apparently not lol if we could list which ones seem too high or low I can go through and see if I can't move them to a better vertical placement. Thanks for the heads up!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    This is what I've seen so far.

Low
    Aron
    Shroomish
    Ralts
    Taillow
    Meditite
    Trapinch
    Surskit
    Wailmer
    Minun
    Electrike
    Nincada

High
    Ekans
    Abra and Meowth are possible ones.

Also Castform's sprite disappears when it changes form, at least to its rain form.

Edit: Xatu, whenever a trainer brings it out, the game pauses for a split second, it's noticeable, but nothing that crashes the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2019
    I would like to play it on my cell phone but, when I download the content of the links there is no rom gba.
    How can I download the game, because the emulator does not recognize the IPS file as a GBA game.

Years
    I would like to play it on my cell phone but, when I download the content of the links there is no rom gba.
    How can I download the game, because the emulator does not recognize the IPS file as a GBA game.

Sharing .gba files (aka the full game) is not allowed on this forum, so we use IPS patches instead. Using a clean/vanilla ROM of Pokemon Emerald, you either patch it on a computer/laptop with the included Lunar IPS program, or if using My Boy! on android, rename the IPS patch to have the same name as the Pokemon Emerald ROM and have it in the same folder then in My Boy! long press the ROM and tap "Patch Game" and it will be ready to go! I don't know any specific instructions for iOS/iPhone apps, its better to use a computer/laptop to do patching anyway since there are a few optional patches to consider, and the constant renaming My Boy! requires is tedious.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Just finished a Water monotype run with the Moemon patch.

Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Didn't have to EXP grind for Steven, but I did fix everyone's EVs with the berries and EV trained everyone. That allowed me to beat Steven (after 2 failed attempts). Quick playthrough and very worthwhile. I never EV train, so this hack being so accommodating with that aspect of training is incredible.

Last edited:
    Years
    Quick playthrough and very worthwhile. I never EV train, so this hack being so accommodating with that aspect of training is incredible.

I tried EV training in vanilla and it's just such a pain, I always wanted an easier way to do it and I'm glad people seem to like what I've come up with for it ☺️

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    Hi. Pokemon emerald is probably my favorite game of all time, so much so that I stopped playing Pokemon at all after the SP. I constantly go back to emerald using my boy on my phone to this day.

Since finding your hack it's the only way I play Pokemon. I've always felt the first three gens were the best Pokemon has ever been as a series. Having all those Pokemon available in my favorite game is amazing. I wanted to say thank you for making this.

I also have a request. The newest Pokemon (sword and shield) has a mechanic whereas the more you encounter a Pokemon, the more likely you will find one that's shiny. Emerald is notoriously frustrating to find shines. Would a mechanic similar to this be possible at all on your hack? Or maybe just make it easier to find shines? Maybe add a shiny charm?

I'm a big fan of collecting Pokemon. I catch several of the same kind just so I can have all the different natures and variants. A feature like that would make this game perfect in my eyes.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, I'm just very passionate about this game and specifically this hack. Thanks again.

Years
    Hi. Pokemon emerald is probably my favorite game of all time, so much so that I stopped playing Pokemon at all after the SP. I constantly go back to emerald using my boy on my phone to this day.

Since finding your hack it's the only way I play Pokemon. I've always felt the first three gens were the best Pokemon has ever been as a series. Having all those Pokemon available in my favorite game is amazing. I wanted to say thank you for making this.

I also have a request. The newest Pokemon (sword and shield) has a mechanic whereas the more you encounter a Pokemon, the more likely you will find one that's shiny. Emerald is notoriously frustrating to find shines. Would a mechanic similar to this be possible at all on your hack? Or maybe just make it easier to find shines? Maybe add a shiny charm?

I'm a big fan of collecting Pokemon. I catch several of the same kind just so I can have all the different natures and variants. A feature like that would make this game perfect in my eyes.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, I'm just very passionate about this game and specifically this hack. Thanks again.

Emerald has always been my favorite as well, I played up to 5th gen myself and lost interest in later gens outside of updated mechanics and cross gen evos.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I wanted to make the most fulfilling enhanced vanilla experience and I'm thrilled that people are liking it.

As for the shiny odds, yeah they're a pain, I myself have gotten pokerus twice but never a shiny except once before I got the poke balls (oh.... The rage at that lol) I can look into implementing the shiny charm but no promises, I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment and subsequently don't have much free time but I'll do what I can to make more improvements.

Don't apologize about the length of the post, I love getting feedback and it makes me smile when I read new posts, so thank you for it!

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
    I lost my interest after 5th gen as well. Loved everything about the 5th gen. The pokemons, pseudo legendaries and amazing legendaries on top of that. I liked the legendaries of 6th gen but the lost interest in the starters and other pokemons. 7th gen starters and their evos were pretty nice though. I am not even looking at the 8th gen mons. The starters and their evos are rubbish to my tastes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2019
    Is there a way to implement an EXP SHARE that's similar to recent games where everyone in the party gets a bit?

Years
    Is there a way to implement an EXP SHARE that's similar to recent games where everyone in the party gets a bit?

Currently working on that, so far I have a patch that will grant 100% exp to all party members but it feels a little OP so I am trying to find a way to reduce that

Back