• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Oh wait. my bad, I forgot to mention that I used the No PSS patch with the Gen 5 move patch(using it for better bp on some weaker moves pre-gen5 like hi jump kick). Will it still be special with that in consideration?
    I recently just found out about this hack and so far I'm enjoying it to the point that I am losing sleep because of playing so much lol.
    Thanks and keep up the good work man!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Since Hidden Power is NORMAL type, without the Physical Special Split it will be considered a physical attack

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! Since Hidden Power is NORMAL type, without the Physical Special Split it will be considered a physical attack

That's rather unfortunate. I already bred a HP rock Treecko with max possible IVs RIP. I'll just change my plans since I have alot of time in my hands anyways because of lockdown. I used No PSS because it felt unfair to the AI with the PSS. It still won't stop me from playing though. lol. Thanks for the fast responses!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024

Hey man, just an update. Using the No PSS patch doesn't make HP physical. It just return to its Gen 3 mechanics. I discovered it because I wanted a physical psychic STAB move for my Medicham. Good thing I tested it first before breeding. Not related, but I also got a shiny Meditite on the very first egg when I started breeding for a Meditite with Fake out lol.

Years
    Hey man, just an update. Using the No PSS patch doesn't make HP physical. It just return to its Gen 3 mechanics. I discovered it because I wanted a physical psychic STAB move for my Medicham. Good thing I tested it first before breeding. Not related, but I also got a shiny Meditite on the very first egg when I started breeding for a Meditite with Fake out lol.

I thought it was physical by default, my bad! Lucky in the shiny though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Was looking through the replies for a solution but didn't find anything so I wanted to ask:

Is Feebas actually fishable in Sootopolis? If yes, using what rod? And is it tile specific like on the route between Fortree and Slateport?

I'm just having no luck at all, only Gyarados and Magikarps with super, only Magikarps with good, and Magikarps and Tentacools with old.

I'm playing on 7.37 I believe, no issues with patching, everything is working as the patch notes intend, besides my inability to find a Feebas ^v^

I appreciate the help.

Years
    Was looking through the replies for a solution but didn't find anything so I wanted to ask:

Is Feebas actually fishable in Sootopolis? If yes, using what rod? And is it tile specific like on the route between Fortree and Slateport?

I'm just having no luck at all, only Gyarados and Magikarps with super, only Magikarps with good, and Magikarps and Tentacools with old.

I'm playing on 7.37 I believe, no issues with patching, everything is working as the patch notes intend, besides my inability to find a Feebas ^v^

I appreciate the help.

Yes, as stated in both the README and the Wild Encounter List provided, Feebas is indeed in Sootopolis and a Super Rod is necessary though Feebas is a 1% chance encounter so it's just luck. Route 119 still has the tile specific encounter but Sootopolis does not so any tile will work for finding a Feebas.

Also, I quadruple checked by loading up that specific version in AdvanceMap and looking at the wilds available in the Sootopolis map and yes, it is indeed there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Hey, I'm playing your rom for some time and I enjoyed what your did. Congratz on creating the mix on mechanics that makes the game so enjoyable! I do have two questions / asks I didn't found answers on readme or posts on the thread. If someone can point me for them I would appreciate.

1) When I applied the patch, my shiny Pokemon wasn't shiny anymore. Maybe some change on Secret Number? Was it expected to happen?
    2) A possible enhancement question: on the IV Perfector, he changes all IV to 31 without a dialog. Would it be possible to implement a dialog box for which values the IV is desirable to change? It's important as tweaking movesets and using Hidden Power, for example. Or even Endure/Flail types of Pokemons.

Again, thanks for you effort.

Years
    Hey, I'm playing your rom for some time and I enjoyed what your did. Congratz on creating the mix on mechanics that makes the game so enjoyable! I do have two questions / asks I didn't found answers on readme or posts on the thread. If someone can point me for them I would appreciate.

1) When I applied the patch, my shiny Pokemon wasn't shiny anymore. Maybe some change on Secret Number? Was it expected to happen?
    2) A possible enhancement question: on the IV Perfector, he changes all IV to 31 without a dialog. Would it be possible to implement a dialog box for which values the IV is desirable to change? It's important as tweaking movesets and using Hidden Power, for example. Or even Endure/Flail types of Pokemons.

Again, thanks for you effort.

Hmm I've never tried transferring a save with a shiny before so I don't know why that's happening, you could try trading it from a vanilla emerald, it might keep it shiny...

I'm going to have the IV perfector change to six NPCs one for each stat in the next version

Glad you're enjoying it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Got another weird thing occur to me, I'm not getting any encounters in the New Safari Zone (South) in the grass (surfing and fishing works fine). At first I thought I had some extreme RNG since I walked 500 steps without encountering anything, but even with Sweet Scent it didn't work. "Looks like there's nothing here..." is what I get when using it in the grass. Is this only happening to me?
    This and the event items in Lilycove dep. not being sold is kind of a bummer.. Not sure what to do tbh :<

Years
    Got another weird thing occur to me, I'm not getting any encounters in the New Safari Zone (South) in the grass (surfing and fishing works fine). At first I thought I had some extreme RNG since I walked 500 steps without encountering anything, but even with Sweet Scent it didn't work. "Looks like there's nothing here..." is what I get when using it in the grass. Is this only happening to me?
    This and the event items in Lilycove dep. not being sold is kind of a bummer.. Not sure what to do tbh :<

That is beyond odd. What base ROM are you using? I used Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).gba not the Trashman one, maybe that's the problem?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    Welp, turns out it was the ROM LOL, not sure what weird one I used. I just finished the Hoenn dex, with like 10 left on the national one, but I'll start over on a new save to experience it fully. (atleast I don't have to farm leaf stones from relicanth anymore haha). thanks for being patient with me. :>

Years
    I just started and am enjoying what I've seen so far! What are the shiny odds for this game? Are they the same as the original Emerald? I just encountered a shiny on my second wild pokemon encounter after getting the pokeballs, and I've never had a full odds shiny in any game dating back to Ruby/Sapphire. I can't wait to experience more of this game!

Years
    I just started and am enjoying what I've seen so far! What are the shiny odds for this game? Are they the same as the original Emerald? I just encountered a shiny on my second wild pokemon encounter after getting the pokeballs, and I've never had a full odds shiny in any game dating back to Ruby/Sapphire. I can't wait to experience more of this game!

Vanilla shiny odds, so you got very lucky! I've only encountered one shiny in Emerald ever and it was a Wurmple before I was given the pokeballs!

I'm glad you're having fun :D

Years
    Hey, love the rom hack! I love gen 3 and adding PSS makes it, in my opinion, so much better.
    Responding to say that I am trying to tutor pre-ev moves onto Ludicolo in Fallarbor and am not having any luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Years
    Hey, love the rom hack! I love gen 3 and adding PSS makes it, in my opinion, so much better.
    Responding to say that I am trying to tutor pre-ev moves onto Ludicolo in Fallarbor and am not having any luck. Am I doing something wrong?

You probably don't have the Ludicolo at a high enough level! Here's a screenshot of it's levelup attacks from PGE:Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

I followed suit with other pokemon and added about five levels to each move per evolution, so as to give benefits to waiting to evolve. If your Ludicolo is at a high enough level to be able to get those moves but can't let me know please!

Years
    I see. It looks like Ludicolo can only be tutored the pre-ev moves he gets as Lombre. I was trying to tutor him rain dance which Lotad gets at 31.

Years

I thought I gave him all the previous evolution moves... I might have skipped that one since it's a TM, but I don't recall. Changing the moves took a long time and I could see myself making that decision just to save a few seconds here or there.
    But I remember clearly giving Explosion to Nuzleaf and Shiftry and that's a Seedot only move

Back