• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2020
    Liking the Hack so far, nice work!

A bug I've found though, is that the Day/Night cycle only seems to work in the VBA emulator, when playing on a real GBA its permanently stuck in the night cycle no matter what time, as well as when playing in other Emulators (mgba is what I used).

I'm not sure how to fix that but something to look into, would definitely increase the polish of the hack if it could work on real GBA's

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    @Dearman4:

I read on the previous page, that you feel like changing up the Pokemon encounter rates and locations. If so, would you be able to incorporate the Day/Night cycle into it, kinda how it is with Gen 2 and Gen 4 onward? So you can use say route 101 and different Pokemon would appear at different times of Day. Also about the Wurmple line, could you maybe find another way for the line to evolve? As is Gamefreak's system is too random. Maybe make the evolution depend on Stat or Gender maybe.

Years
    Liking the Hack so far, nice work!

A bug I've found though, is that the Day/Night cycle only seems to work in the VBA emulator, when playing on a real GBA its permanently stuck in the night cycle no matter what time, as well as when playing in other Emulators (mgba is what I used).

I'm not sure how to fix that but something to look into, would definitely increase the polish of the hack if it could work on real GBA's

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll see if I can find a day/night cycle that goes by in game time, but idk if there is one!

Years
    @Dearman4:

I read on the previous page, that you feel like changing up the Pokemon encounter rates and locations. If so, would you be able to incorporate the Day/Night cycle into it, kinda how it is with Gen 2 and Gen 4 onward? So you can use say route 101 and different Pokemon would appear at different times of Day. Also about the Wurmple line, could you maybe find another way for the line to evolve? As is Gamefreak's system is too random. Maybe make the evolution depend on Stat or Gender maybe.

Actually I don't want to have the time of day affect the wilds, when I was first playing Gold I was often frustrated at only having access to half the pokemon due to my available free time and as an adult I'm even less able to find time throughout the day to play games.

As for the Wumple line, that's not a bad idea, I think I'd either go with how the Hitmon family evolves or maybe time of day, gender wouldn't fit for me.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The Hitmon family path (stat dependent) method would be nice :)

I just thought of Gender because Beautifly kinda fits in for a female mon, lol

Here's another Idea, although I'm unsure if the ROM Hacking tools currently available can achieve it.

Ever noticed that wurmple sometimes spawn with "Poison Sting" and sometimes they don't. How about it a wurmple spawns with Poison Sting, it's a guaranteed Cascoon evolution. And Silkoon if it doesn't? Kinda how Eevee evolves into a Fairy type in the current games if it has a Fairy Type move.

Years
    The Hitmon family path (stat dependent) method would be nice :)

I just thought of Gender because Beautifly kinda fits in for a female mon, lol

Here's another Idea, although I'm unsure if the ROM Hacking tools currently available can achieve it.

Ever noticed that wurmple sometimes spawn with "Poison Sting" and sometimes they don't. How about it a wurmple spawns with Poison Sting, it's a guaranteed Cascoon evolution. And Silkoon if it doesn't? Kinda how Eevee evolves into a Fairy type in the current games if it has a Fairy Type move.

So it's totally doable to have knowing a move be a prerequisite, but all Wurmple learn Poison Sting so it wouldn't work for a branching path. I could have it evolve into Cascoon if it levels up in the forest and Silcoon if elsewhere I suppose

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Dude that's even more interesting 😁

Cascoon if in the forest and silcoon in a route 👍

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What if you had a Bug Maniac NPC waiting where a Wrumple can be caught, and it tells you if you'll get a Cascoon, or Silcoon? Is that even possible?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hey dearman4, don't you like the newer version of "Poison" where it only affects your Pokemon in battle? Where once the battle ends and you return to exploration mode your Poisoned Pokemon no longer takes damage unless you send it out again in battle without healing it first with an antidote or healing it up at a Pokemon Center?

Years
    Hey dearman4, don't you like the newer version of "Poison" where it only affects your Pokemon in battle? Where once the battle ends and you return to exploration mode your Poisoned Pokemon no longer takes damage unless you send it out again in battle without healing it first with an antidote or healing it up at a Pokemon Center?

Actually I prefer the old style, I didn't even like the poison stopping at 1 HP, felt it made things too easy

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The problems with the old system though were:

1. If you've run out of funds to purchase a lot of Antidotes. Usually happens when you've spent much of your money buying Pokeballs.
    2. Add number 1. with entering a long area to explore like Fire Red/Leaf Green's Veridian Forest. Sure the nearest Pokemon Center isn't too far but if your Pokemon faints you also lose Friendship points which is important to evolve Happiness evolving Pokemon.

Also as a side note regarding Poison itself, it sometimes sucks when a Pokemon is resistant to Poison but the status effect still takes effect regardless, kinda defeats the purpose of resistance.

Years
    The problems with the old system though were:

1. If you've run out of funds to purchase a lot of Antidotes. Usually happens when you've spent much of your money buying Pokeballs.
    2. Add number 1. with entering a long area to explore like Fire Red/Leaf Green's Veridian Forest. Sure the nearest Pokemon Center isn't too far but if your Pokemon faints you also lose Friendship points which is important to evolve Happiness evolving Pokemon.

Also as a side note regarding Poison itself, it sometimes sucks when a Pokemon is resistant to Poison but the status effect still takes effect regardless, kinda defeats the purpose of resistance.

Antidotes are one of the cheapest items though and with pickup you have access to funds after any battle.

There's a difference between resistance and immunity, though it would be cool if typing could affect the level of damage that burn/poison will do... Though that is above my skill level lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Yeah Pick Up is an absolute lifesaver, but I tend to buy lots of Pokeballs as I try to "Catch 'em All" the first chance I can. I would be using Savestates to redo a capture if it fails, but playing Clo... oops, almost mentioned the hack that was pulled off of PokeCommunity LOL Anyway, that hack made me abandon using cheats, Infinite money, Quick Level gain and Purchaseable Masterballs mostly, and using savestates to legit play the game. However as I also said, I still want to catch 'em all ASAP, that is why I skimp ever so much so I can afford Pokeballs. I just rely on my Meowth and Zigzagoon to pick up Antidotes and potions as we go further in our adventure. And you know what? Legit leveling up my Pokemon is more fun because they gain EVs properly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    I'm quite late so there's probably no point in asking but do you know what the encounter rates for starters are? I've been looking on both sides of route 104 for Torchic for about 20 minutes but to no avail. It is on that route right (as stated in the txt file)?

Years
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Torchic does spawn on route 104 as the encounter table says, it's just the encounter rate is too low. Best you keep trying until one shows up.

RFE (Reason for edit) - Addendum:

I do not like double posting on any forum I visit so I decided to just edit this post because I have another suggestion...

Given the tools available to you at present, would it be possible to turn Exp. Share into a key item we can activate/deactivate once we receive it from Steven? Or maybe a new PokeNav function?

Last edited:
    Back