• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

dest

Boneash
    Years
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I can't evolve my Porygon 2 into Porygon Z?
    According to the doc that should be working with a Moon Stone, but I can't use that on the guy.
    I've installed the Deluxe Variant with gen VI exp share if that matters. It fails on both, the lore friendly and simple evo option.

Years
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I can't evolve my Porygon 2 into Porygon Z?
    According to the doc that should be working with a Moon Stone, but I can't use that on the guy.
    I've installed the Deluxe Variant with gen VI exp share if that matters. It fails on both, the lore friendly and simple evo option.

Huh... Seems like that somehow got un-set as its evolution, apply this patch to fix it, apologies!

Attachments

• Porygon_Fix.ips
      15 bytes · Views: 9
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I don't suppose a save file would help debug the missing TM/HM issue? Just run into this today.

I want to say it happened as of completing the fifth gym and getting access to Surf but I'm not 100%.

Is it also known that some moves use 2PP instead of 1 when they miss? For example, if my Gardevoir uses Sing, and it hits, then it uses 1PP, if it misses it uses 2? Is this by design or is that a defect?

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't suppose a save file would help debug the missing TM/HM issue? Just run into this today.

I want to say it happened as of completing the fifth gym and getting access to Surf but I'm not 100%.

Is it also known that some moves use 2PP instead of 1 when they miss? For example, if my Gardevoir uses Sing, and it hits, then it uses 1PP, if it misses it uses 2? Is this by design or is that a defect?

Collecting a few new TM restores them.

You sure you're not battling against a pokemon with the Pressure ability?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Collecting a few new TM restores them.
    I've collected three previously unobtained TMs and they still haven't returned. I'll try again in Lilycove

You sure you're not battling against a pokemon with the Pressure ability?
    Positive. I can consistently reproduce this with wild pokemon such as linoone, poliwhirl, etc.

Years
    I've collected three previously unobtained TMs and they still haven't returned. I'll try again in Lilycove

Positive. I can consistently reproduce this with wild pokemon such as linoone, poliwhirl, etc.

Yeah that's new, could you send me the list of moves doing that?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Hey there,

After clearing the Weather Institute, I'm now able to access my TMs,

As of the affected moves, so far I've only consistently reproduced this with Sing on my Gardevoir. I believe I've seen this with Silver Wind with Masquerain (blocked by protect) but I've also observed moves missing / failing and using just one power point as expected. I'll keep my eye out for more.

Please let me know if a save file would help you investigate and I'll send it over

Years
    Hey there,

After clearing the Weather Institute, I'm now able to access my TMs,

As of the affected moves, so far I've only consistently reproduced this with Sing on my Gardevoir. I believe I've seen this with Silver Wind with Masquerain (blocked by protect) but I've also observed moves missing / failing and using just one power point as expected. I'll keep my eye out for more.

Please let me know if a save file would help you investigate and I'll send it over
    Glad to hear you got your TMs back!

Sure the save file would be nice to have, feel free to drop it on our Discord. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Hey there,

I've also noticed another odditiy - using Giga Drain on ghost types (Misdreavus, Gastly, Shuppet) seems to fail, suggesting that the move does not affect them. Not sure if this is intentional; i.e. whether this ties into a later gen type effectiveness change, or even a hidden ability for those pokemon.

I'm not too keen on Discord, so I'll just chuck it here if that's okay?

Save file is a .srm generated for Lemuroid (libretro) is based on the Deluxe version
    • Located at Mt Pyre.
    • You can use Sing with the Gardevoir (observe PP before and after Sing misses the target). Hypnosis (Lv 60) behaves in the same way.
    • Note that PP usage is normal if Sing is blocked by Insomnia (Shuppet), but the issue reproduces if blocked by Protect / Detect.
    • You can attempt to use Giga Drain with Masquerain on a ghost type (Gardevoir's Magical Leaf works fine).

Pick list (Deluxe Variant - With Gen VI Exp Share):
    • Gen 4 Abilities + Stats, Hidden
    • Emerald with NO Dark Caves
    • Add DNS - Yes in Battle
    • Simple Evos
    • Togepi Egg
    • Lucky Egg 2.5x Modifier
    • Gen 6 Stats With PSS
    • Add Poison Update

Attachments

• Pokemon - Emerald Final (U).zip
      17.8 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    There are various instances of letters missing at the beginning of sentences. Would I be correct in presuming that this needs to be funneled into the decapitalisation mod thread?

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    I cannot use fly even if I have a badge unless he actually knows it, other hm-s work fine. There is simply no option to pick fly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I cannot use fly even if I have a badge unless he actually knows it, other hm-s work fine. There is simply no option to pick fly.

I would presume this is a limitation of the game since there's no other way to interact with that HM in the overworld.

I think later games might give you the option to fly from the region map, the the RSE one binds the A button to zoom in and out of towns.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I've also noticed that Rayquaza's hyper beam does recoil damage instead of needing to recharge on the next turn. Looking at the gen 6 & 7 movedex, this doesn't seem to be intentional. This was the wild encounter on top of sky pillar, so no Life Orb was involved or anything.

As an aside, would it be feasible to have an optional patch to remove the step counter from the safari zone similar to ORAS? Could I take an external .ips for something like this or would that mess things up?

Last edited:
    Years
    I've also noticed that Rayquaza's hyper beam does recoil damage instead of needing to recharge on the next turn. Looking at the gen 6 & 7 movedex, this doesn't seem to be intentional. This was the wild encounter on top of sky pillar, so no Life Orb was involved or anything.

As an aside, would it be feasible to have an optional patch to remove the step counter from the safari zone similar to ORAS? Could I take an external .ips for something like this or would that mess things up?

That's s compromise, the Battle Engine Upgrade which adds gen 4 stuff (and beyond) unfortunately breaks recharge moves so I made them have recoil instead of just having no negatives

I've been thinking about making a way to buy more Safariballs and steps, actually. Plus pro tip, use the Acro bike to hop in place, it doesn't use steps

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    That's s compromise, the Battle Engine Upgrade which adds gen 4 stuff (and beyond) unfortunately breaks recharge moves so I made them have recoil instead of just having no negatives

I've been thinking about making a way to buy more Safariballs and steps, actually. Plus pro tip, use the Acro bike to hop in place, it doesn't use steps

Fair enough, I've never been one to use recharge moves personally. Capturing Raquaza might be a bit of a challenge if unprepared for a recoil KO but I used my Gardevoir to 'special wall' them out of energy for that move before going for that catch.

As for the safari zone, I've been using the acro bike exactly as you've mentioned. I think I've cleared all of the originally available Pokemon there, as well as all of the starters (thank you for including those there!), I'll pop by after E4 to see what else I've missed

Cheers

Back