• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Are all TMs in the same location as they are in regular Emerald or have some of them been changed.

Some are, some are replaced or just scrubbed in general. The latest update removed TM32 from its Route 113 location. In this hack, TM32's Draco Meteor. TM24 can't be accessed until the postgame. TM25's not available in Lilycove Department Store.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2020
    Do any of you know where to catch a Beldum guys. I need it for Winona's gym and is there a better pokemon to counter Winona

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Do any of you know where to catch a Beldum guys. I need it for Winona's gym and is there a better pokemon to counter Winona

I'm not as far as you are but if you look at your pokedex, and go to a certain pokemon's dex entry and select area, it should tell you where they are (unless they are non roaming legendaries or any pokemon that are on different islands). In Beldum's case, it's in both route 115 and meteor falls (although idk how rare it is)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Is there a list of all the held items each wild Pokemon will carry? I'm going to get Lombre (which I know is the only pokemon in this hack to know thief via level up) and I know that some pokemon hold different items (example: Zigzagoon with berry juice and a sunkern I caught with a sun stone)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    Hi! I am really enjoying this hack! I wanna ask about the wild encounter. It seems to me that sometimes i can force to get an encounter of the same type as the one i have in my team. For example having mareep on my team will probably make my first encounter in some areas to be electric type. I am curious!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi! I am really enjoying this hack! I wanna ask about the wild encounter. It seems to me that sometimes i can force to get an encounter of the same type as the one i have in my team. For example having mareep on my team will probably make my first encounter in some areas to be electric type. I am curious!

Bulbapedia states:

"From Pokémon Emerald onward, if a Pokémon with Static is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), then there is a 50% chance the game will force an encounter with an Electric-type Pokémon, if one is possible. As of Pokémon Sword and Shield, it shares this effect with Lightning Rod."

EDIT: I think people here have asked where TM32 is. In the new version, it got removed from Route 113. It's now in the final Trick House room. Good luck reaching it, you have to beat Steven and Wallace in a Double battle to get it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    I think people here have asked where TM32 is. In the new version, it got removed from Route 113. It's now in the final Trick House room. Good luck reaching it, you have to beat Steven and Wallace in a Double battle to get it.

The older version had two tm32's. One Route 113 and one in the Trickhouse.

I'm not sure if the Route 113 was moved or removed from the new version. Either way, assuming it's unavailable until postgame, it does make a nuzlocke/deathless E4 quite a bit harder.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    Bulbapedia states:

"From Pokémon Emerald onward, if a Pokémon with Static is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), then there is a 50% chance the game will force an encounter with an Electric-type Pokémon, if one is possible. As of Pokémon Sword and Shield, it shares this effect with Lightning Rod."

EDIT: I think people here have asked where TM32 is. In the new version, it got removed from Route 113. It's now in the final Trick House room. Good luck reaching it, you have to beat Steven and Wallace in a Double battle to get it.

thanks! I missed that part of Wiki! It is an interesting mechanism.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Is there a list of of which pokemon have their abilities changed. I just realized that Swampert has Swift Swim in this game and my Gardevoir changed abilities from synchronize to trace (which means either that's the only ability it has in this game, or I just encountered a glitch)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Is there a list of of which pokemon have their abilities changed. I just realized that Swampert has Swift Swim in this game and my Gardevoir changed abilities from synchronize to trace (which means either that's the only ability it has in this game, or I just encountered a glitch)

I don't think there's official documentation for ability changes. Just open the ROM with Gen 3 Tools. Gardevoir has Synchronize and Trace, but Ralts and Kirlia have Synchronize for both ability slots. That's deliberate, it's a game of chance whether you roll the same ability or something else upon evolving a lot of 3-stage evolution Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    I was wondering when the list of pokemon stats/stat changes would appear. I just caught a Dusclops, and it seems like its HP and attack is WAY higher than usual. Would love to see a full list over pokemon with stat changes soon!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Hi i think i found a bug, when i enter a cave there is like a smoke covering everything, it only dissapears for a moment when i enter in battle, is suppose to be like this or is a bug? and if is a bug how i can fix it, i can't go in caves right with that smoke. Thanks for reading.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi i think i found a bug, when i enter a cave there is like a smoke covering everything, it only dissapears for a moment when i enter in battle, is suppose to be like this or is a bug? and if is a bug how i can fix it, i can't go in caves right with that smoke. Thanks for reading.

What cave? There are foggy rooms that are done on purpose to obscure the player's vision when going through certain puzzles.

I was wondering when the list of pokemon stats/stat changes would appear. I just caught a Dusclops, and it seems like its HP and attack is WAY higher than usual. Would love to see a full list over pokemon with stat changes soon!

Find it out yourself. I mentioned in the post just above yours that you can open the ROM up with Gen 3 Tools and look at the changes. You can compare with Serebii or Bulbapedia on what changes were done. I do think a document that lists the changes would be convenient, but this method at least works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    So, where exactly can I find an Aerodactyl and Sableye?

Aerodactyl at the earliest is in the room before you meet Wallace in Cave of Origin. If you do the Rayquaza stuff, you can't access Cave of Origin at all, so you'd have to wait until the postgame to find Aerodactyl. It's in Desert Underpass. Sableye is in Desert Underpass as well, and Altering Cave. It's also in Mirage Island , but nobody's ever been able to go there, that's more elusive than Pokerus.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Granite cave and the top of mt pyre are the places i know for now, literraly a fucking smoke cover all the terrain i can't even see, i look in videos on youtube to see if it happens to others and it doens't look like. I can't walk cause i don't see nothing literally, granite cave i pass it cause i look in the tutorial and note every move i need to do to get to maximo.

Back