• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    2 things, 1 I dont think I ever saw a special attack boosting feather,
    2, do save states not work? I get they'd go against the point of this, but feels like an undermine your experience if ya want (though I guess it'd screw with races maybe)
    But in my case was using it because I had found now what I assume to be where you'd catch groudon with magma base, but not realizing the route hadn't been restrucutred like others I'd gone down a prt first to check as it looked like there was a way back up on right (there wasn't) and I was trying to make sure I wasn't just ditching area with half of it unexplored at that point directly below I messed with rewind and step back for a bit then took a save state and tried to see if I could temporarily enable walking through walls or something somehow to get back up and turn it off and resume normal play, that seemed to crash the game so tired to go to the save state which doesnt work and just keeps relaunching game, kinda disinclined to continue presumably missing a rare legend and losing my first big run without even failure rewards, I assume not but I wanted to ask if there was a way to use the save state, and either way maybe advise redoing said route so you could climb back up to the cave.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I haven't don't anything to prevent save states from working? I have successfully used them during testing and the only issue I've encountered so far is using a savestate after reloading the emulator

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    as in when it's just launched or after it's closed and reopened? in latter case given it crashed was kind of outside my control :/, not that thered be anything to be done

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Is there a method to get your character unstuck outside of retiring from the run?
    This NPC followed me into the berry patch and battled me, now I'm trapped.

As Shown Here
    Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Have the softlock glitch and teamwipe glitch been fixed, ive been looking for something like this but if my team gets wiped or I softlock I might get mad and just flat out stop playing bc im unfortunately like that, if they arent fixed ill see about next update bc again this sounds like a great pokemon rom hack but I dont wanna get glitched and stop playing because of it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Finished the first run Hard - Avg Item - No Overlevel - No EV, kinda wondering were you supposed to only be able to access the gen 1-3 mons if you didnt open the secret room? Also i noticed the AI enemies have a bunch of moves from gen 8 and stuff like Draco Meteor, were those supposed to be locked from the player use? Im also unsure if you can use Legendary as starter lol

Anyway the only thing i noticed is the learnset on Overheat is absolutely borked

Real fun mod tho. Gotta try a higher gen pool run in later date

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Hi I'm wondering if I'm having a bug, I used the stats boosting feathers on my Pokémons but I don't see any changes in their stats. (This is my first run and the settings are: Exp all on, Average trainer difficulty, Average item rates, Allow overlevelling off, Enable EVs on)
    P.S. nvm about it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Have to say I'm really loving this hack but came upon a devastating bug. I was going through the door to whatever boss fight is after the champion and the screen just went black and nothing happened. Since I had to restart the emulator it kicked me out to the start :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2022
    Great experience, can't stop playing!

Was just wondering if some moves were missing like behemoth blade (zacian didn't have it and couldn't move re-learn), scald, body press, etc and TMs like dark pulse, scald, etc.
    Parental bond doesn't seem to work for mega Kangaskhan.
    Toxel won't evolve.
    And with form changes like deoxys, rotom, etc, is there ways to do it?
    Have a bug where more then one copy of HM's show up in the bag, is there a fix? (not a big issue just sets off my OCD :laugh-squinted: )

Also have a few friendly suggestions.
    If you could add a way to maybe buy extra slots for your bag in the hub.
    A in battle checker for turns of weather, trick room etc.
    More gym leaders/elite four from other games, also boss fights to have Red, Blue, Prof Oak, Wally etc.
    An option to pick from a random 3 starters from the prof office before every run.
    An EV checker and then trainer so can reset then train exact once onto the elite four maybe?

Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see what more you do!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    First of all, english isn't my first language, so it will be expected some errors while I'm typing. That being said: Congratz!😁

You did a really good job on this rom, I really like roguelike games, so this was a must to me. The ideia is simple, choose one mon to stat and try your best to survive against the gym leaders while you have to worry about the permadeath of your team. To make things more excited, I tried nuzlock it with some rules.

So, I could only capture one one pkmn per route, choose a nick to everyone, put the battle in set mod instead of switch and not use items in battle. Ngl was pretty tough in the start, later after like 4 tries i did it.

I really enjoyed it. Again, congratz. It is a very nice room. However, two things I discovered after defeat the champion let me be a bit down.

The first is the the cheese you can do in the safari zone. I was wondering around, until I saw a jirachi"that I captured in a nomal gameplay" and wanted it. So when I checked it, it had a Star Piece, an item sold for $6000 and better, I could sell it in the hub, so I just had to enter the safari zone and capture three jirachi(s) and gain $17000 and repeat. I don't know if it's intented to be this way, but it was very cheesing.

Secondly, after beating it sometimes, you have some legendaries in the boxes, so, could the game have a button option to let you carry more pkmns at the start of the run? Start with just one is a bit frustrating at this point.

Overall, this is just my opinion, the game still is a gem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    With v1.1, I'm a little disappointed and will probably stick with the 1.03a version. I think the new adventure area disrupts the flow too much, as it makes you select each path/encounter. I liked the old way of going from route to route practically seamlessly, even though the routes tended to repeat themselves too often. Idk. Still a great hack and would recommend, but the current design choice of the adventure is just a bit too jarringly different for me.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I'll likely look at adding a "classic" mode for one of the next updates; though it's not the highest priority as very few people have asked for this

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    What an amazing and huge hack this is, it really is baffling the amount of work put into this. I mainly wanted to congratulate you.
    Secondly, I noticed that in shiny Passimian's sprite there's a lot more blue than there should be

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Really awesome hack. One of my favorite things about rogue likes like binding of issac is how fun it is to discover new things each run. maybe in the future there could be a version of this game with new abilities and moves or remixed types, I think it could be a fun idea down the line if you are interested in that. Good luck with the game!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I was wondering, is there a way to obtain "fusions" like Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Necrozma-DM, and Necrozma-DZ in the Safari Zone?

Cosmic105

Genshin Addict, Pokemon Lover <3
    Years
    • She/Them
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Awesome hack! Loving it so far.

One thing though: I just encountered an annoying bug (since i was having a good run and it kinda messed me up) from the map when i entered a (if i remember correctly) tough breezy route it just became a black screen and i couldn't continue at all, so i had to restart the rom and lost my progress :(
    Hope you manage to fix the bug when you have the time!

Back