• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Rom Hack Game Idea - Team Magma Wins

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    Pokemon Emerald Rom Hack Game!!! In the beginning of the game, you join Team Magma and you fight off trainers who are trying to stop you. After your 3rd encounter with a strong trainer (3rd "gym"), Team Magma succeeds in expanding the land. After a huge earthquake and black out, you find the vast seas gone. Desert everywhere, no trees, barely life. You try to fix what you've done. As you struggle to find towns with water and fight off trainers who have a vendetta against you, you learn of a town surrounded by mountains that contain a water pokemon. "The last water pokemon" they say and you believe it will take you to kyogre, as it is a water pokemon than can survive in this terrain. You come to find that the pokemon is being guarded by 4 sages and a leader that have made a religious cult around this pokemon, as if some deity (elite four + champion). After obtaining the sacred last surviving water pokemon, you dive and seek kyogre, awaken it, groudon and kyogre face off and only then does rayquaza descend to cease the fighting and return the world back to normal.

No fakemon. No sprite work. No pokedex descriptions (maybe just one for the god water type). Just story board, main character sprite, world leveling/designing, changing the starter pokemon, where/which pokemon spawn, and editing all text. Maybe add a coral crown on the last water pokemon. Its a big project but since there wont be any fakemon, I think that already cuts off half of the work. I don't know how to program or code or make pokemon hack games. This is where I need assistance. I will be more than willing to learn though. It will be much for a single person to handle so I do want multiple people on this. So, again, if you do decide to help me, I am more than willing to learn to help out. I think this would be a neat project for the showdown community and when it's finished, we can all play it.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    This seems cool, but are there any other features? Like are there any Gen 6 Pokemon? Also, what's the estimated playtime?

Other than that, I wish you good luck! :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    This seems cool, but are there any other features? Like are there any Gen 6 Pokemon? Also, what's the estimated playtime?

Other than that, I wish you good luck! :)

Right now, since it's just me, I want the project to be as small as possible so no updated pokedex unless someone volunteers to do it. Estimated playtime, I have no idea. This is the first time ever I've had an idea for a ROM hack and only now doing all the research to understand the concept and how to create one. I hear the script is whats massively important if it's going to be a story heavy game so I am putting my focus on that for now. I do work part time and will begin college in August. Along with learning how to drive this and next month, and in the middle of moving right now, my schedule in my phone calendar is about to explode. This is an idea that I think can really take off because of how little editing is needed and might be playable in the near future, maybe even with more features as you suggest if people pitched in. But this is just an idea right now that I'm trying my best to start. I've downloaded Advance Map and watching tutorials on it currently. And the pastebin link is as far as my current script goes for the intro.

Thank you for the good luck wishes!! > u<

Back