• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Emerald starters

Which is the starter pokemon in Hoenn you recommend?

• Mudkip

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Torchic

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Treecko

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    My favourite is Mudkip. Its evolutions have the ground type, which makes it strong against electric types, and learns Earthquake naturally. ^^

Urablur

Losing Street Cred
    Years
    Yes, I do like Mudkips also. [/meme]
    Torchic evolves into Blaziken though, which is pretty pwny also.

im4everJoey

Training Nerd
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    I love all water starters...for all the game thats why i voted for it but i recomend fire for you

hpe it helps

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Torchic is usually the most common choice if you want a tank. Mudkip is useful because of the Ground subtype and it learns some good moves later on. Treecko is really good at the start of the game because it has advantages against early Gym leaders. I picked Torchic in Sapphire mainly because I always choose the fire starter and it looked cute.

Years
    These are the best starters out of all the Pokemon series, in my opinion.

Just go for the one you like most, I've played with all 3 and they've all been awesome

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    Torchic is usually the most common choice if you want a tank.

Torchic isn't a tank, but an all out offensive sweeper.

Mudkip is easily the best choice. With only one weakness and has an excellent move to counter it, you can't really go wrong with Mudkip.

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
    Years
    I HERD SOME THINGS...

I HERD JOO LEIK MUDKIPS.

Get Mudkip NAO. Torchick and Cumbusken are pretty cool, but Blaziken is just plain LAME. Plus, Swampert is the strongest.

Trainer Sonjo

Combusken fanz0rs.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2007
    Get. A. Torchic.

Cumbusken's are the smex. Defenatly the best choice for a starter if you ask me. <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Mudkip, if you pick torchic then you Have to evolve it to beat the first Gym, but with Mudkip, you only have to lv it up to lv 10(Water Gun)plus a Blaziken is really bad in the last 3 Gyms, so all-in-all, pick Mudkip

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Mudkip is a very beneficial Pokemon. It'll easily knock out most of the Gym leaders, and it's the tank of the starters.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Torchic isn't a tank, but an all out offensive sweeper.

Mudkip is easily the best choice. With only one weakness and has an excellent move to counter it, you can't really go wrong with Mudkip.

No, but Blaziken is.

Yeah, I'd choose Mudkip if this is your first playthrough.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    I have fond memories of my first playthrough using Treecko in Sapphire. My Sceptile is quite the decent Pokemon. In Emerald I chose Mudkip though. I'd recommend either, but if you're looking for a fast special attacker (sorta, leaf blade owns at times.) choose Treecko, but if you want a tank, get Mudkip. (who rules against Wattson.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Torchic's final evolution does well against some of the elite 4, but Swampert does better at the gyms. Blaziken also does rather well against the champion of Ruby/Sapphire but not for Emerald

My friend used a Blaziken to go through the gyms and elite 4, ended up around level 72 by the time he went and challenge the elite 4 (all those trainers exp to one poke).

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I started with Cyndaquill. Seriously, at the point i had to save prof. Birch, i had the choice of three Pokemon:

Treeko
    Cyndaquill
    Squirtle

And i picked the Fire Pokemon. About the poll...
    as my name says, i pick Mudkip.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I started with Cyndaquill. Seriously, at the point i had to save prof. Birch, i had the choice of three Pokemon:

Treeko
    Cyndaquill
    Squirtle

And i picked the Fire Pokemon. About the poll...
    as my name says, i pick Mudkip.

Then you were playing Emerald 386. :P

I like Treecko because he's fast, but one physical hit, and he's out with it's bad HP and Defense. But I'd go with the forced meme himself, Mudkip.

Back