• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Team Help

Poke_licious

Ready to Rise
    Years
    I'm looking for a bit of help on my Emerald Team. These are my final 6 pokemon, but I am having some trouble deciding which one should learn Earthquake. Only Dosclops, Gyrados, and Blaziken can learn it. I was leaning towards Dusclops. What do you think? Also, rate my team please!

Manectric (40)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder
    -Strength
    -Bite

Dusclops (42)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Shadow Punch
    -Ice Beam

Dustox (38)
    -Psybeam
    -Giga Drain
    -Silver Wind
    -Toxic

Gyrados (38)
    -Surf
    -Dive
    -Strength
    -Twister

Blaziken (39)
    -Blaze Kick
    -Rock Tomb
    -Double Kick
    -Overheat

Grumpig (39)
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Magic Coat
    -Bounce

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I would say teach it to Dusclops, replacing Shadow Punch, giving it a very wide variety of types of attacks.

As far as rating your team, I would say 7.5/10. My suggestion would be to replace Dustox with a Flying-type, such as Altaria or Swellow. Altaria would be beneficial because it is also Dragon-type and can learn Dragon-type moves.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Rating is in the quote, comments in Bold, hope this helps you!

I'm looking for a bit of help on my Emerald Team. These are my final 6 pokemon, but I am having some trouble deciding which one should learn Earthquake. Only Dusclops, Gyrados, and Blaziken can learn it. I was leaning towards DusclopsGyarados!. What do you think? Also, rate my team please!

Manectric (40)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Double Team
    -Bite

Manectric doesn't have a lot of good options in gen III. I like this set, Thunder wave and set up on double Teams, and then fire away with Thunderbolt and Bite

Dusclops (42)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam

He is quite bulky, packing high defenses, I wouldn't teach him Earthquake, as Gyarados and Blaziken are much better at using it.

Dustox (38)
    -Psybeam
    -Giga Drain
    -Silver Wind
    -Toxic
    Not much to say here, you might want to replace 1 one the offensive moves for protect, but it isn't necessary

Gyrados (38)
    -Dragon Dance!!! (lvl 50)
    -Earthquake
    -Return
    -Surf
    No no no, just take a look at his stats, his attack is much higher then his special attack. MUCH higher. Use Earthquake on him, it allows him to demolish pretty much everything, especially after Dragon Dance. return is there because it'll deal more damage then strength.Surf is only there to get you across the water, Do NOT use it in battle

Blaziken (39)
    -Flamethrower
    -Rock Slide*
    -Brick Break/Sky Uppercut
    -Thunderpunch*

* These moves are only obtainable in the Battle frontie, I highly suggest you'd get them

Grumpig (39)
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Confuse Ray
    -Shock Wave
    Not bad actually, but Grumpig has got a terrible attack, so use special attacks on him.

Back