• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    i have pkm R and S and just restarted sapphire. i have a lvl 32 cobusken. i was thinking of getting emerald. i have a couple of questions. Is the story line better? is the story line a lot different from r/s? what pkmn can you catch in safari zone? is the graphics much more improved? and do you think i should get it for 30$(i have a 5$ off any nintendo game coupon) even though i already have r/s and beat them?

Years
  • Here is some background on stuff that is in Emerald.

Not too much is different. The pokemon are animated again, like in Crystal. You can catch Mew, plus the new form of Deoxys is featured in Emerald.

I would say buy a used one. You can buy a new one if you want to be sure it works correctly though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    oh and is the world differnet? ie: new npcs and places
    and is there more side quests?

ill wait to get a few more replies so i can tally ppl who say yes and ppl who say no

is it better and more fun then R/S

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Can you please not double post. Thank you!

In my personal opinion, yes. I like the small things though, like graphics and stuff. Although to some graphics aren't small things.

thepokemonfan

pokemon fan (as you can see)
    Years
  • emerald is cool. if you have both R and S, then I don't think you should get emerald because they are basically rhe same....the only reason I got emerald is the battle frontier......

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • Get EMERALD
    it's soo much better than R/S

not only do the pokemon have a bit of animation when they pop up
    but the storey is essentially the same but you get like both
    team magma and aqua like you have to beat them boath so it's
    like a little different but the best part is that after you defeat the elite 4
    you open up new areas like Battle Frontier
    and a new area in the safari zone where you can catch pokemon
    from gold/silver/crystal
    and if you go to one of the nintendo events once you unlock the mystery
    event option in the start menu you can get the ticket
    that will take you to navel rock so u can get Lugia and Ho-oh

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
  • It's worth getting. The story line isn't a major stretch from R/S, but you've got some extra stuff. The animation also isn't a but dif, but they do move when you go into battle. .. Id' say get it. ._.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    you should buy it at the begining it is really the same as sapphire but once you start getting deeper there is also team magma and stuff and what some one said above me before is that you can go to a nintendo event and download the mystery ticket and this other ticket so you can get ho-oh lugia and you can also get deoxy(speedform) and also mew with old sea chart.

Years
  • pokemon123 said:
    i have pkm R and S and just restarted sapphire. i have a lvl 32 cobusken. i was thinking of getting emerald. i have a couple of questions. Is the story line better? is the story line a lot different from r/s? what pkmn can you catch in safari zone? is the graphics much more improved? and do you think i should get it for 30$(i have a 5$ off any nintendo game coupon) even though i already have r/s and beat them?
    The Story line is very good.
    Especially when Kyogre and Groudon start Fighting.
    In safari zone its the same except after You beat The Elite four,A new area opens where you can catch Johto pokemon.
    Also you catch Rayquaza before the pokemon league.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I love Emerald version. I see it as being better than Ruby and Sapphire is because it has the Battle Frontier and you can catch Rayquaza before the Pokemon league, which its making it easier to beat. But when I did this I didn't use Rayquaza though.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    BUY IT!! Emerald is the equivalent of Crystal. Just better than the previous version. It is worth the funds, even if you have BOTH the previous version. Don't forget that Emerald can go wireless too, like FRLG. Being rid of that crappy cable is nice in of itself. You will find multiple threads discussing the benefit that Emerald has over R/S.

FinalTreecko781

Protecter of Mother Earth
    Years
  • buy emerald.period.the story line is good and you can get both fossils.and theres the battle frontier.its awesome.once you've gone to the battle frontier, your trainer card is changed to a frontier pass.AND you get kyogre AND groudon.BUYITNOW.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    het emraled is like the same but the pokemon i want to catch in fire red but they are not there in the region

I got my s version last year and i havent bin playing it for a long time but my swampert is at level 64 and knows earthqauk maddy water shenth and dive if you have any qestion my e mail is [email protected]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back