• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ends: NOT SO SOON!

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • I had it cross my mind and I googled it. Will Pokemon ever end?!?! I passed many of these question and the common answer is..."NO". What the Hell?! I posted this here, since I need to see the answers of official pokemon up-to-date watchers. Will it end, do the Writers Plan on that?

Does this mean the same trend of Pokemon will keep happening all over again. As overall, PkMn isn't boring, but the pattern they keep repeating is getting old, How did they manage to survive while repeating the whole thing?!

So as I said, the question is, Will it EVER plan on Ending. How Will the Ending be? (Open or Final) And Are you Ok with the idea of Pokemon extending and Stalling Like that?

Personally, I don't want Pokemon to end, but, I am disturbed how slow is the Pace in this show...It is too Long, and I must wait like 1 week for one episode!!! Thats like 3 years to finish a series! If they at least can air Couple of Episodes weekly....C'mon its Like 150 Episodes/series!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't know how many times I've said this. The Anime will never end. Well that is, as long as the games still keep coming. The Anime is a very big point in promotion for the games, without so, you could probably say not a lot of people will have discovered Pokémon.

I don't see anything wrong with having to wait for an episode a week, we're pretty lucky in fact. Since a lot of series take very long breaks, and only ever have around 20-30 episodes a season. 150 episodes a series is great. And you've got to remember that a lot happens in making an episode, it could take days for just one. There's story boards, voice acting, animation etc...

On the topic of how I think it'll end... I could only see maybe Ash becoming the so called, Pokémon Master, since he has since now decided to pick back up onto that dream. Maybe he'll manage to meet with Ho-oh, or even capture it. Or maybe on a lesser note, just something like win the Champion's League or something along those lines.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with how fast episodes are released. As with Mew I think one a week is pretty good considering that we don't have huge hiatuses between seasons. And if there were to be more then one a week there would be way too many fillers and people might get annoyed.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • WOW..You guys were serious? Other TV Series take more than just a week?!?! Thank God!

And yeah, the more episode, the better..I love having like 150 or more episode for a series its just like I said (but proven wrong), I hate waiting 1 week for an episode :P Pokemon is just so long and interesting that I can't WAIT!

And so, by that, you don't expect it will end as long as the games are on stores right? What a Shock..I couldn't expect a show to keep going like that and till eternity... At least I am positive PkMn isn't gonna end :)

BTW, I am watching the dubbed version, so Future Episodes are already dubbed but not aired until next week that's why I am kinda teased. I do understand in your case, who watch the Japanese version, that it takes time for all the creation, If I was watching Japanese, I wouldn't complain like that...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If anything ends it will be Ash journey, but even that will last some time. As far as how they manage to keep repeating stuff, new fans are draw in every season so they use rehashed story lines from previous series. Considering it takes at least 3 years between Generation and the anime parallels the current generation it would only make sense why it would last that long.

WOW..You guys were serious? Other TV Series take more than just a week?!?! Thank God!

And yeah, the more episode, the better..I love having like 150 or more episode for a series its just like I said (but proven wrong), I hate waiting 1 week for an episode :P Pokemon is just so long and interesting that I can't WAIT!

And so, by that, you don't expect it will end as long as the games are on stores right? What a Shock..I couldn't expect a show to keep going like that and till eternity... At least I am positive PkMn isn't gonna end :)

BTW, I am watching the dubbed version, so Future Episodes are already dubbed but not aired until next week that's why I am kinda teased. I do understand in your case, who watch the Japanese version, that it takes time for all the creation, If I was watching Japanese, I wouldn't complain like that...
    Some OVA's take awhile to produce. Most anime take one week to get them out.

I doubt the amount of episodes is going to be an issue since AG and DP were almost 200 episodes.

Pokemon is partly a promotional tool for the game, so I don't see them ending that any time soon. Since it's basically just advertising with a story.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    It will never end! I hope that Diamond and Pearl saga will start again. New villains and some new characters(BUT DAWN MUST BE IN!). And meaby new Pokémons. That would be great! But it's just dreaming...;( I wanna see Dawn again!

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    As long as the Games won't end, the series will keep going. Both seem to be very popular right now, so don't see it ending any time soon. I'm glad, I like the series and haven't gotten tired of it yetXD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Simply put, the anime won't end as long as the games keep going, since the anime is based on the games.

Guest123_x1

As others have said, as long as the game series is popular and the creators continue to come up with new regions and Pokémon to go along with them ("Generations"), the anime will continue and follow what region/generation is "current" at the time.
    That said, the show ultimately could run as long as The Simpsons (on since 1989), Jeopardy! (current version running since 1984), Wheel Of Fortune (original network version of this show started in 1975 and ran until 1991, current syndicated version running since 1983), The Price is Right (current version running since 1972), or even General Hospital (on since 1963)!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    To be honest, it will end, when it ends. It will have nothing to do with how long the games keep selling; If we go by that, then Super Mario would have been long gone over 20 years ago when the cartoons ended..

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
    Years
  • I don't think pokemon will ever end. Personally I want it to, so it can be a classic anime (Like DBZ ALMOST was, until they made a terrible remake(dragon ball z kai)). If it does end, it'll probably end with ashing defeating a reigonal elite four and champion and pokemon a pokemon master.

Back