• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Energized Emerald - Global release

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Where can you buy Rare Candies? The grinding is bothering me a little

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Great game overall. I've completed the main storyline and I can say it was a blast - especially for someone who had never played OR/AS.

I have one suggestion, though:

- Could you increase the levels of the PokeNav re-battles? From what I can tell, all trainers increase their levels up to the Vanilla limits, which means late 30s or early 40s. But it would be cool if you could increase some of those levels a little bit.

Also, two questions:

- is Iron Fist in the game? I believe I caught a Lediba/Ledian and it had 3 abilities, but I believe none of them was Iron Fist.
    - is there any reward for catching every single Unown type?

Finally, a bug / glitch:

- Is the move Spikes working as intended? I've tried it at the Battle Tower (using Skarmory) and it just isn't working. No one gets entry damage.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Where can you buy Rare Candies? The grinding is bothering me a little

Mauville sweet shop after beating the post game story.

- Could you increase the levels of the PokeNav re-battles? From what I can tell, all trainers increase their levels up to the Vanilla limits, which means late 30s or early 40s. But it would be cool if you could increase some of those levels a little bit.

Sure. I'll bump up the gym leaders to levels 50+ too since they have their rematches post hall of fame and their vanilla levels being in the 30s is very underwhelming.

- is Iron Fist in the game? I believe I caught a Lediba/Ledian and it had 3 abilities, but I believe none of them was Iron Fist.
    - is there any reward for catching every single Unown type?

Hitmonchan and Ledian have it. Ledyba doesn't have Iron Fist and didn't have it in vanilla.

There isn't a reward for catching every Unown and honestly probably won't be implemented due to the awkward Pokemon PC storage size. There's 416 Pokemon species with 28 regional variants and just 420 spaces in storage. This is an oversight on my part and while the storage size can be increased, it requires changing the save file format which will render previous save data invalid.

- Is the move Spikes working as intended? I've tried it at the Battle Tower (using Skarmory) and it just isn't working. No one gets entry damage.
    There are many elements that can stop Spikes damage like the Magic Guard ability and Heavy-Duty Boots item.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Just out of curiosity, Is this compatible with trading with the vanilla gen 3 games? I'm weird in that I like rom hacks that allow me to trade my vanilla mons to them so I can use them in an updated system. Most of the decomp/expansion romhacks tend to mess with pokemon data and thus lose compatibility to trade with the base games. Because this is an expansion of base emerald I am just curious if you kept compatibility. The hack looks great and being able to trade with the vanilla games would be an awesome bonus.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Just out of curiosity, Is this compatible with trading with the vanilla gen 3 games? I'm weird in that I like rom hacks that allow me to trade my vanilla mons to them so I can use them in an updated system. Most of the decomp/expansion romhacks tend to mess with pokemon data and thus lose compatibility to trade with the base games. Because this is an expansion of base emerald I am just curious if you kept compatibility. The hack looks great and being able to trade with the vanilla games would be an awesome bonus.

The Pokemon data in Energized Emerald has been modifed to include hidden natures for nature mints, so no, not unless I make up some data for it to work and the other game can handle hidden natures. I don't know if trading with any game would be implemented in the future. It isn't a high priority right now. I've made efforts to make every Pokemon repeatedly accessible and speed up training a competitive team so players don't feel like they have to trade with other games.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I beat the league, yet I cant seem to get access to the Kanto or Johto starters at Odale Farm

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I beat the league, yet I cant seem to get access to the Kanto or Johto starters at Odale Farm

Kanto starters are available after completing the post game story.

Johto starters are available after completing the Hoenn dex.

The docs will be updated with that detail in the next update.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey again.

Could you please add Aerial Ace to the list of moves affected by the SwordMaster ability?

Aerial Ace's japanese name is "swallow return", which is sort of a samurai sword technique (you can google it for evidence). That's why a lot of non-flying Pokemon can learn it, since they have blades or huge claws.

In fact, Bulbapedia states:

<< This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojirō's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation. >>

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokemon Energized Emerald V1.0.15

patch download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CykQl9MGjV6Ki0M_Ee-XSLzdqxA7NseH?usp=share_link

Changelog:
    -Chance of a random Poke News event happening (Energy Guru's discount, Lilycove Department Store's rooftop clearout sale, Mauville Game Corner's service day, and Blend Master's visit to Lilycove City) is boosted. It is now 3x that of vanilla, or 10x if the post game story is beaten.
    -Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu and Alolan Raichu have Surf to their TM learnsets.
    -Blastoise has Shell Smash and Aura Sphere added to its level up learnset.
    -Beedrill has Drill Run added to its level up learnset.
    -Rattata and Raticate have U-Turn added to their TM learnsets.
    -Hisuian Arcanine has Head Smash added to its level up learnset.
    -The price of Rare Candy is now just ¥500, down from ¥2000.
    -A new healing item, Galar Curry, has been added. It restores all of a Pokemon's HP and status. It can be bought from the chef at the Lilycove Motel.
    -Pikachu can evolve into Alolan Raichu by trading it whilst it is holding a Big Malasada.
    -Cubone can evolve into Alolan Marowak by trading it whilst it is holding a Big Malasada.
    -Exeggcute can evolve into Alolan Exeggutor by trading it whilst it is holding a Big Malasada.
    -Koffing can evolve into Galarian Weezing by trading it whilst it is holding a Galar Curry.
    -Adjusted rematch parties for almost every trainer. Generally higher levels overall. All Gym leaders have Pokemon levels set at least 50 in their rematches.
    -Aerial Ace is now boosted by the Swordmaster ability.
    -Fixed a bug with Poison Point, so it now works.
    -Fixed a bug that prevented bonus damage from damage boosting abilities like Guts and Adaptability from applying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi Land0fchocolate,

I have to say, I love your gameplay design, having a blast with your hack. It's nice that you maintained Megas as a postgame because there's still incentive to do things in postgame (and you added great things already).

I like when the creators of hacks give their own flavor to the game, and I see you put a lot of thought and care here!!!

Have a great day!!!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey there!

Thanks for taking my feedback into account in your latest update release! :)

I'm not sure how your nature-changing mechanic works, but I believe that while it works in battle (adjusting the desired stats accordingly), it doesn't seem to change pokeblock preferences. So, when you use the pokeblock case, the game still reads the Pokemon's original nature, not the "new" one. Not a big deal, but just a thing I noticed while I was trying to finish all the Contests.

Also, I have a question: is the Cave of Origin accessible in any point of the game?

Once again, thanks for this romhack and all the improvements you've been making!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Hey there!

Thanks for taking my feedback into account in your latest update release! :)

I'm not sure how your nature-changing mechanic works, but I believe that while it works in battle (adjusting the desired stats accordingly), it doesn't seem to change pokeblock preferences. So, when you use the pokeblock case, the game still reads the Pokemon's original nature, not the "new" one. Not a big deal, but just a thing I noticed while I was trying to finish all the Contests.

Also, I have a question: is the Cave of Origin accessible in any point of the game?

Once again, thanks for this romhack and all the improvements you've been making!

Much appreciated!

Cave of Origin is inaccessible because I can't think of any good use for it and I don't want to leave some dead-end cave for the player to wander into. It's only used as a boss room in Ruby/Sapphire and less use as a meeting point for Wallace in vanilla Emerald. When I made changes to the story, I didn't feel any need to include it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was actually thinking you'd use the Cave of Origin for some sort of special event with
    Spoiler:
    , but I guess I was wrong.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I was actually thinking you'd use the Cave of Origin for some sort of special event with
    Spoiler:
    , but I guess I was wrong.

Spoiler:

I really like your suggestion in this case, feels organic.

Back