• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Entropy [Engine Demo, no plot] [Recruiting everything but scripters]

Years
  • Pokemon Entropy engine beta version 0.8.2 is out!

After an involuntary months-long hiatus, I'm back with a vengeance!  Because even though I wasn't able to get on the internet with my laptop and therefore upload any new updates to my game, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on it.  I've been keeping up-to-date with all the news about Sun and Moon, even keeping up with the Lurantis leaks for datamine info despite actually having wanted to be surprised by the story.  Every time a new ability, move, or mechanic was introduced either officially or unofficially, I would try to reverse-engineer it, and as such when the official game came out I was not as swamped as I expected to be.  I still need to make the AI able to handle the new move effects, but otherwise I have every Essentials-compatible Gen VII mechanic in my game.  Heavy debugging needed, obviously.

Changelog (0.8.2):
    Spoiler:

Earlier Changelogs{
    Spoiler:

The initial idea
    Pokemon games have always had a sort of moral for those that pay attention.
    • Gen I was about the dangers of letting a single man stay in charge of a big business, for fear of the business becoming corrupt.
    • Gen II was about the dangers of seeking revenge
    • Gen III was about the delicate balance between the three major facets of the ecosystem.
    • Gen IV was about the dangers of Man Playing God.
    • Gen V was about the difference between friendship, pet-keeping, and slavery (a line that's very very blurry in the Pokeverse). Personally, I saw it meaning the dangerousness that innocence can be when taught by the wrong hands, but the moral I stated above is probably the one Game Freak probably intended.
    • Gen VI is about the balance between humanity's technology and the beauty of nature.
    • Gen VII is about treating children and Pokemon with respect
    With that knowledge, I came to the conclusion that there needed to be a Pokemon game about acceptance of the differences between people.

The plot as it is
    Ten years after the events of BW2, a man depressed over the loss of his wife, a woman he loved dearly but the world did not, travels to the Dissa Region, a region just north of Kanto. Dissa houses the one thing he thinks he needs to fulfill his aim of creating a world where she would have been seen as an equal: The Legendary Mewtwo.

Having been created specifically by humans from the ancestor of all modern Pokemon, Mewtwo's DNA contains secrets this man needs in order to level the playing field by making every human...identical. Except it soon becomes clear that this goal isn't viable, causing the man, now leader of Team Hail, to turn to darker means to accomplish his ends...

Your family recently moved to the Dissa Region from Johto just in time for you to come of age and begin your journey as a Pokemon Trainer. You soon meet the boy who will eventually become your Rival. Except he doesn't just seem to aspire to be the Pokemon Champion. He speaks highly of his sister, a smart young woman in AFOs (a special kind of leg brace), who it is his goal to impress. Except...why don't you ever get to meet her?

Soon, the two of you encounter Team Hail, and it's clear he is fueled by his love of his sister when fighting them. He fights fiercely, and the two of you overwhelm the Team Hail Grunts. But its clear the battle has just begun.

Game Mechanics - most game mechanics are the same as they are in the Gen VI games, thanks to the Gen VI Pack (led by mej17 and Worldslayer) for Pokemon Essentials. I have fixed a few buggy codes I found - the ones I remember are Rototiller and Tinted Lens.
    Pokeminorities - Shinies aren't the only rare versions of common Pokemon anymore.
    • Shiny Pokemon - The Shiny Pokemon Chance has been increased from 1/8192 to 1/1024.
    • Delta Pokemon - Like many fangames, my game includes Delta Pokemon, existing Pokemon species mutated to be a new type. Unlike most, my game counts them as the same species as their progenitors, allowing them to breed and making them pop up randomly in the wild, just like Shinies, at a 1/1000 chance. They learn the same moves as their normal counterparts - with two exceptions (both legendaries) - and have the same abilities - with three exceptions so far (all legendaries) - making their typing the only real difference.
    • Albino Pokemon - Based on a glitch in X/Y, Albino Pokemon have had all their color leeched away. They are mostly just a color variant, but they do increase a field-changing move's duration from five to eight turns. They have a 1/102,400 chance.
    • Shadow Pokemon - these Pokemon are only obtainable by catching them from NPCs in game. Like shinies, they're randomly generated, at a 1/1024 chance. They behave as their non-Shadow counterparts, except they know Shadow type moves. Non-Shadow Pokemon are weak to them, but Shadow Pokemon resist them. Unlike the other games with Shadow Pokemon, they can gain experience and cannot be purified.

Challenge Modes - these can be mixed and matched.
    • Nuzlocke Mode - In this mode, fainted Pokemon cannot be revived in any way. Revives give a message saying they can't be used, and the PC and Pokemon Centers don't heal Pokemon whose HP is below 0. Thanks to FL for his Game Over script that fixed a bug in the way I had Nuzlockes working.
      Note that this mode doesn't include the "must catch the first Pokemon on the route and only the first Pokemon" stipulation Nuzlockes usually have. Forcing this into the game would prevent players from being able to catch Pokeminorities, and considering Pokeminorities are a well-known exception to this rule I don't want to prevent players from catching them.
    • PP Challenge - In this mode, PP is not healed by the PC or Pokemon Center. If you use an Ether or Elixir, the PP will be healed in this manner, and you can change moves using TMs and HMs or move learning, but this mode forces you to constantly switch up your moveset in order to keep progressing. No more "choose this move to win" scenarios.
    • Randomizer - In this mode, wild Pokemon can randomly be any of the 729 species I have programmed in currently (eventually there will be 732), regardless of how/where they're encountered. Certain battleable events are exempt from being randomized, but can still pop up randomly in the wild.
    • Randomizer+ - This mode can only be triggered if you have Randomizer on. In this mode, trainer Pokemon also get randomized.
    • Extreme Randomizer - This mode can only be triggered if you have Randomizer on. In this mode, level-up moves are randomized, and abilities and TM/HM/Move Tutor compatibility is pseudo-randomized
    • Multitype Moves Mode - Plan to Fire Punch a Frosslas? Sorry, no can do - Fire Punch is now Fire/Fighting. Perhaps the most unique of all the challenge modes, this mode takes existing moves and makes them dual- or even triple-typed. This encompasses all type mechanics - damage dealt, Protean, immunities, etc. Much like how type-changing mechanics affect Flying Press in normal mode, only the first type is changed unless something specifically changes the second or third typing. Unlike Flying Press in normal mode, if a user has both (or all) types, they get double (or triple) STAB.
    • Mix-and-Mega Mode - Based on the Showdown metagame of the same name, this mode allows any Pokemon to use any Mega Stone/Primal Orb and gain the ability, stat changes, and any type changes thereof. For example, a Pikachu holding a Gyaradosite can Mega Evolve and becomes Electric/Dark with Mold Breaker and 35/65/70/60/80/90 base stats. Smeargle can Mega Evolve by knowing Dragon Ascent and gains Mega Rayquaza's BST increases and ability. If Smeargle is holding a Mega Stone/Primal Orb and knows Dragon Ascent, it gains both BST increases, but only the stone's ability and type changes. Rayquaza cannot use any stone (for balance reasons - Megaquaza with a Mega Stone?!?), and Kyogre/Groudon cannot use the other's Orb (for lore reasons).
    • The Deltaverse - Welcome to the world where everything is upside down. What you think are normal Pokemon are actually Deltas, and vice versa! Can you get used to the changed reality before you're washed out?

New Mechanics
    • Ditto's Transform - When used by a Ditto, Transform will cause the user to transform into the same species and stats as the target, but keep the user's own Pokeminority. Used by a Mew or a Smeargle, however, it still uses the target's. This should make Ditto and its evolution more interesting.
    • Dittwo - The first of my new Pokemon. Sticking two Dittoes in the Day Care holding certain items causes them to merge into one. This becomes a new Pokemon. Inheriting the better IVs from each Ditto and everything else from the first one you stuck in the Day Care, this Pokemon learns Sketch every ten levels, much like Smeargle. Because of this, Ditto can now use Eviolite.
    • The Battle Camera - A new item called the Battle Camera that will slow down moves for new players, breaking down what otherwise-invisible game mechanics - held items, abilities, STAB, weather, etc. - affect both that particular move's accuracy and its damage output, in real time as the game calculates them. This can be toggled on or off.
    • Delta Breeding - By breeding a Delta Ditto with another Delta, you can guarantee hatched Pokemon are Delta. This is to make gaining Deltas - which unlike Shinies have strategic distinctions from their standard counterparts - more obtainable. But first you got to find/create an oh-so-coveted 6iv Delta Ditto.
    • General Breeding - Anyone familiar with the concept of TSV hatching knows that eggs can hatch shiny for one player that wouldn't hatch shiny for anyone else. Every trainer has what's known as their TSV, which is their Trainer ID number run through an algorithm. Every egg has an ESV, which is the Personality ID value of the Pokemon inside run through an algorithm. If the two numbers match, the egg hatches shiny.
      This concept carries over to Entropy as well. TSVs and ESVs have been expanded from four-digit numbers (1234) to six-digit ones (1234.56). If the first four digits of the trainer's TSV match the first four of the egg's ESV, it hatches Shiny. If the last three digits match, it hatches Delta. If all six match, it hatches Albino.

New Moves
    • Brain Freeze - Vanillish's new signature move. Freeze Dry-style, this is an Ice type move hard-coded to always be super-effective against Psychic types, regardless of Inverse or Generational conditions.
    • Livewire and Oil Spill - counterparts to Toxic Spikes, these entry hazards can paralyze or burn foes, respectively. Electric and Fire type Pokemon absorb them like Poison types absorb Toxic Spikes.
    • Hidden Power PX/SX - two new Hidden Power moves - one Physical, the other Special - that include Fairy type in their calculations.
    • Point of Origin - effect explained below
    • Leviosa - A move that, like Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat, adds Flying type to the target. To be the signature move of the Flying-type Eevee, Wingardeon.
    • Elemental Kicks - Icicle Kick and Elec-Kick to be counterparts to Blaze Kick
    • Elemental Minds

But wait, there's more!
    • More Player Characters - I have added functionality to have four player characters, and can add more if my future team decides the game needs it. Likewise, I have the framework to make a trainer customization system if so decided.
    • More save files, courtesy of mej71 - The game can save multiple save files - supposedly an infinite number if you have enough memory
    • More Balanced - Ice's long-standing weakness to Rock has been removed so that a hypothetical(?) Every-Typed-Pokemon has no weaknesses. Incidentally this also makes Glaceon, my favorite non-Mega Pokemon, a little more viable
    • More Precision - In-battle stat modifier indicators much like Pokemon Showdown
    • More Effectiveness - More precise type-weakness indicators ("It's super effective! A double weakness!").
    • More Knowledge - A new summary page showing your Pokemon's IVs/Evs and their Hidden Powers.
      The party screen now makes the infoboxes different colors depending on the Pokemon's status ailment.
      The party screen also shows different item icons based on the type of item the Pokemon is holding - mail, a Mega Stone that can Mega Evolve them naturally, a Mega Stone that can't Mega Evolve them except in Mix-And-Mega Mode, a Berry, or something else.
      Eggs have an Inheritance page in the summary that shows which parent each IV, the nature, the ability, and the Pokeball come from. It also shows the ESV.
      The Trainer Card - which now depends on whether the player is playing a Challenge Mode, not on the player's gender - now shows the player's TSV.
    • More Megas - Mega Donphan taken directly from Pokemon Insurgence for use by a Suzerain NPC Trainer. (since it's thanks to him I got the idea for Deltas).
      Mega Castform with a different Mega for each weather
      Mega Plusle and Minun along with a neutrally-charged Mega for mixing up the Mega Stones
      Mega Greninja, having Prankster but keeping the typing he had before going Mega, requiring you to time your Mega Evolution wisely
      Mega Malamar with an ability that turns the battle into an Inverse Battle as long as he's on the field
      a second Mega Blastoise that only can trigger if it's Delta
      a second Mega Gallade that can only trigger if it's Shiny
      Mega Porygon-Z that turns Effect Spore into what is basically an automatic Tri-Attack
      Mega Chesnaught with Stance Change meets Wonder Guard
      Mega Delphox with Levitate (yes, I know, not as clever as the others)
      Mega Sawsbuck with a different typing for each season
    • More Nostalgic - Introducing Generation Battles. These little buggers revert the type chart to as it was in previous generations, and can even nullify items for Gen I and abilities for Gens I-II.
      Much like Mega Malamar's ability Antimatter Vortex can trigger Inverse conditions mid-battle, Generation conditions can be triggered mid-battle thanks to a new move Point of Origin. Based on the user's species (Megas counting as from Gen VI unless being one of the ones I added, in which case it counts as "Gen 7" with Ice not weak to Rock), it switches the battle condition for five turns - or eight if the user is Albino!
    • More Control - the A button now toggles "auto-run" mode, where the character runs without you needing to hold the run button.
      The pause menu now includes a HUD-like strip at the bottom of the screen, and pressing the right or left arrow keys shifts the Pokemon in your party over, allowing you to move a particular party member to the front or back of the party. Thanks to FL for both scripts, and to SunakazeKun for some alterations to the HUD.
      Items can now be registered to three buttons. Currently set as f3, f4, and f5. But I may change them to Q, W, and E.
      Holding down Left Shift now activates Fast Mode. The frame rate is more than doubled, making the game run faster.
    • More Bikes - the ordinary Bike is still in my game for the simple use of moving faster, but I have added the Mach and Acro Bikes as well for the new locations they allow you to access. Thanks to Hansiec
    • More Evolutions - Want a Male Frosslas or a Female Gallade? Thanks to the new Twilight Stone, you can get one!
      Can't trade because of no online access? The Trade Stone is here to help.
      Eevee now has new evolutions - one that evolves by using the Twilight Stone on it while it's fainted, and another by using (yes, using) an Everstone on it while it's level 100. A few more use locations or methods like "have a Shadow Pokemon in your party".
    • More Names - Pokemon now have two names: a nickname and a "secret identity". Intended originally for use only by the superhero-like Mega Gallade, the secret identity is revealed when you Mega Evolve your Pokemon. The Name Rater is used to change both.
    • More Genders - Pokemon holding a Gender Flux become the opposite gender regardless of their species' gender ratio. Attract and breeding are affected, the sprites of Pokemon with visible gender differences are not. This is indicated on the party, summary, and PC screens by giving the gender icon a light purple shadow.
      Pokemon holding a Jendergelly become a hermaphrodite. Can be Attracted to and can Attract either gender and/or another hermat, can breed with either gender or a Ditto breeding group member but not with other hermats (I don't know how to decide which the game should consider the "mother"), but the sprites of Pokemon with visible gender differences are not. This is indicated anywhere gender icons are shown by having both gender icons displayed in dark purple side-by-side.
      Pokemon holding a Closet Key show their true sexual identity. Without affecting anything else gender-related, these Pokemon react unpredictably to the move Attract when it's used on them. Depending on a formula run on their gender byte, the Pokemon can be homosexual (Attracted to the same gender rather than the opposite one), bisexual (Attracted to either gender), or asexual (immune to Attract). This is indicated anywhere gender icons are shown by having the gender icon have a green shadow.
      These are all held items to prevent them from completely changing the Attract metagame, in case I ever get online running, and to make an easy "don't like it, don't use it" system.

What I need from the community Despite the essay I have written of working features, I cannot complete this alone. I need people with the following talents:
    • Musician
    • Map-maker
    • Graphical artist to make (animated) sprites for the Eeveeloutions I've added and for characters.

bob_by_rot8erconex-d98jeaq.png

credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • Wow, that's one hell of a system you have in place! There's really a lot of cool stuff in there!
    The multi-type moves mode sounds really cool. I'm really liking the new moves and megas too. The concept of generation battles is really nice and innovative too. I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Years
  • Wow, that's one hell of a system you have in place! There's really a lot of cool stuff in there!
    The multi-type moves mode sounds really cool. I'm really liking the new moves and megas too. The concept of generation battles is really nice and innovative too. I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Multitype Moves Mode was an idea that popped into my head when I saw how Flying Press was coded in the Gen VI Pack. Originally it was just going to be "certain moves would become dual-typed", but then a friend brought up Tri-Attack. Not only did that make me consider triple-typed moves, it also made me consider triple-typed Pokemon (Delta Porygon family is Fire/Electric/Ice because of Tri-Attack), and got me working on recoding the type mechanics.

My personal favorite new Mega (aside from the obvious "Rot8er's Mega Gallade") would have to be Mega Malamar. Again, like Tri-Attack, not something I intended to make. It just popped into my head when I was telling one of my mother's friends about how Malamar is sort of the Pokemon embodiment of backwards.

I honestly can't remember how I came up with the concept of Generation Battles.

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
    Years
  • This looks like it has potential to be absolutely amazing, and I'm definitely gonna try and break it when we can play

Years
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15YP5WdvCmzanVJdXVlZ3RCZlk/view?usp=docslist_api

Pokemon Entropy Engine Beta 0.3.1 is out!

Known bugs
    1.) When catching a Trainer's Pokemon, be it a Shadow Pokemon or Lula the Redactan, the trainer's next Pokemon will spawn lower than it should, I've yet to figure out why this is.
    2.) Free-For-All Battles can be ended before you defeat the opponent standing next to you, if you defeat the other two opponents. In this manner, they're essentially Multi Battles where your ally hurts you, too.
    3.) Walking Pokemon turn invisible when transferring between maps. For this reason, I have disabled the event that turns Following Pokemon on.

And some screenshots:
    http://pre07.deviantart.net/ce2a/th/pre/i/2015/208/f/d/bob_by_rot8erconex-d9343vd.png

Years
  • Well, this is an interesting game. You can start with six Pokemon that know the HM moves... I did have a bug report, though, Talonflame's head is cut off when you encounter it (since I'm doing randomizer mode).

Here is the pic: http://picpaste.com/capture000-N4Tlr3Wb.bmp

You didn't read the green text in Oak's intro. It's an Engine Beta. You're testing the game mechanics - like whether Mix-and-Mega works correctly - but there's no story or maps yet. You're running around the Essentials example maps with a few minor tweaks to add in tests for my features (like the Youngster who shows of Generation Battles).

As for the frontsprite for Talonflame being cut off, that happens with most of the bird-like Flying final evolutions. It's a bit of the Gen VI Pack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thank you for explaining. Will the save from this beta be compatible with future releases?

When I encountered a wild Cherrim at night time, the game crashed.

Spoiler:

Another error:
    Spoiler:

Trying to open the Pokedex gave this error
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Raoul_D

Dusclopsian Game Tester
    Years
  • If you want me to actually test the game outside of the Voltorb Flip, good luck getting me to do so

Years
  • Wow, this is an incredibly ambitious project.
    I will be sure to follow the progress of this game.
    <3

Didn't start out this ambitious. Originally was just planning on doing Pokeminorities and that would be it. But then ideas popped into my head and when I realized I had the skills to code them in, I did.

If you want me to actually test the game outside of the Voltorb Flip, good luck getting me to do so

Hahaha, don't expect Voltorb Flip to be in the final game - that's left over from the Essentials example maps.

Thank you for explaining. Will the save from this beta be compatible with future releases?

When I encountered a wild Cherrim at night time, the game crashed.

Spoiler:

Another error:
    Spoiler:

Trying to open the Pokedex gave this error
    Spoiler:

In regards to your question: there are two conditions under which I would make a new beta incompatible with players' existing saves. Either I get the final three Eevees coded in (meaning anyone who caught Lula the Redactan would suddenly have an Eevee on their team), or I actually get some plot inserted into the beta, which will only happen after I get a mapmaker on my team.

Also, good gourd you're finding errors left and right. And they're all typoes. Easily fixed.

Edit: Cherrim fixed, Groudon fixed, and Pokedex fixed. Will release update tomorrow because while those errors were relatively minor to me, they're major on the players' side. Especially because I want players to see what all I've coded into the Pokedex (it might LOOK like your standard Essentials Pokedex, but try messing with the keyboard while looking at a Pokedex entry.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thanks for the new beta.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. When I was battling a wild Terrakion, it said 'Quick Guard protected your team' instead of 'Quick Guard protected the foe's team' or something like that.
    Also, the Pokemon you receive from the Hiker upstairs in your room count as 'seen' but not 'caught'.

Years
  • Thanks for the new beta.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. When I was battling a wild Terrakion, it said 'Quick Guard protected your team' instead of 'Quick Guard protected the foe's team' or something like that.
    Also, the Pokemon you receive from the Hiker upstairs in your room count as 'seen' but not 'caught'.

Nope that's a bug. Quick Guard (and Wide Guard) apperently display "your" no matter what. Fixed both, won't release a new beta for it though since it's not game-breaking.

Years
  • Just so make sure people don't think this project is dead, here's a complete list of how Generation can affect battle mechanics:

Generation I - Old Kanto
    Pokemon that are Fairy/<something> are reclassed to Normal/<something>
    Pokemon that are <something>/Fairy are reclassed to pure <something>
    Pokemon that are pure Fairy are reclassed to pure Normal
    Pokemon are dual type and have Steel as one type are reclassed to pure the other type. Pokemon that are pure Steel are reclassed to pure Electric
    Pokemon are dual type and have Dark as one type are reclassed to pure the other type. Pokemon that are pure Dark are reclassed to pure Normal
    Moves that are Fairy type are reclassed to Normal.
    Moves that are Dark type are reclassed to Normal.
    Moves that are Steel type are reclassed to Electric.
    The following moves are reclassed to Normal: Gust, Karate Chop, Sand Attack
    Ice is weak to Rock
    Bug and Poison are weak to each other
    Psychic is immune to Ghost
    Ice attacks are neutrally effective against Fire
    Held items - other than Mega Stones - have no effect
    Abilities have no effect
    Any Pokemon can be afflicted with any status ailment, regardless of typing.
    Whether a move is Physical or Special is determined by its [primary] type.
    Pokemon have a Special stat. This is determined by comparing their SpAtk and their SpDef Base Stats, and will return the stat for whichever is lower.
    The likelihood of getting a critical hit is calculated using the Gen I critical hit formula, which is based on Speed.

Generation II - Old Johto
    Ice is weak to Rock
    Steel is resistant to Dark and Ghost
    Abilities have no effect
    Any Pokemon can be afflicted with any status ailment, regardless of typing.

Generation III - Old Hoenn and New Kanto
    Ice is weak to Rock
    Hidden Abilities have no effect. Pokemon that have their Hidden Ability are assigned one of their normal abilities based on their personality value.
    Non-Primal weather triggered by abilities lasts until changed.
    Poison type Pokemon are immune to being poisoned.
    Fire type Pokemon are immune to being burned.

Generation IV - Sinnoh and New Johto
    Ice is weak to Rock
    Hidden Abilities have no effect. Pokemon that have their Hidden Ability are assigned one of their normal abilities based on their personality value.
    Steel type Pokemon are immune to being poisoned.
    Ice type Pokemon are immune to being frozen.
    Whether a move is Physical or Special is determined by the move's category.

Generation V - Unova
    Ice is weak to Rock

Generation VI - Kalos and New Hoenn
    Ice is weak to Rock
    Non-Primal weather triggered by abilities lasts for a certain number of turns.
    Grass type Pokemon are immune to powder moves.
    Electric type Pokemon are immune to being paralyzed.

Generation 7 - Dissa
    Non-Primal weather triggered by abilities lasts for a certain number of turns.
    Grass type Pokemon are immune to powder moves.
    Electric type Pokemon are immune to being paralyzed.

General mechanic changes
    Moves have the same Base Power and Base Accuracy as they (or a similar move) had at the earliest point in the gen. The PP remains at the same amount as in Gen VI. The move buttons show the current BP and Accuracy.

Mechanics that are different in the official games but not in my games
    Most abilities that changed effect between generations will always have the Gen VI effect. Trapping abilities' effect on Ghost Pokemon is the major exception.

Mechanics affected by mid-battle Generation changes (Point of Origin)
    If a Pokemon is given a status ailment and then the Generation is changed to one during which they are immune to it, they lose the status ailment at the end of the turn when poison and burn statuses normally cause them to lose health. The exception is statuses afflicted on Grass type Pokemon by Powder type moves, which remain.
    If a non-Primal weather is triggered by an ability, it only decreases during Gens VI and 7, regardless of which Generation the weather was triggered during. For example, if a Kyogre (a Gen III Pokemon with Drizzle) uses Point of Origin two turns after being sent out (and therefore when the rain effect has three turns left), the rain lasts throughout the entire Point of Origin effect, and the three turns thereafter.

Last edited:
    Years
  • bob_by_rot8erconex-d95l3tc.png

In the next beta: TRIPLE-ITEM BREEDING

With the introduction of Gender Flux and Jenderjelly, the chance of running into a situation where in order to make breeding a certain Pokemon as seamlessly as possible you'd need three items in the Day Care (an already existing example is perfect-nature, perfect-IV, Volt Tackle Pichu; or the Incense Babies) is greatly increased.

Rather than settle for an inevitably imperfect Pokeminority, stick the third item in the Day Care as well!

(note that items not attached to a Pokemon will cost $50 to remove from the Day Care. However, if you still have an unattached item inside when you withdraw all your Pokemon, she gives it back to you for free.)

bob_by_rot8erconex-d95q85x.png

Also including the Challenger mechanic. Depending on the constitution of your party at the time you beat the Champion, there may be Challengers standing between you and the Hall of Fame entry. They're based on real life people. (Don't worry, I have their permission.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • By the time i finished reading everything i needed a new change of pants, this game sounds like it could very well be one of the top fan games out there for all time. It sounds like it'll take a lot of time to make i just hope you don't give up on it before it's completed.

I'm really looking forward to this you've got almost every feature a pokemon fan could want and more there's so much in this game already so i'm looking forward to all the upcoming releases.

The only thing i think that could be improved would be the graphics, the tiles and things could be bumped up from Gen 3 to Gen 4, it'd look really smooth and overall i think would suit your large scale game nicely. but that's just my opinion i don't have anything against how your game looks thus far and it would also be a bit of work to re-do things in Gen 4 graphics but i'd love to see it.

Years
  • New beta in the opening post.

The only thing i think that could be improved would be the graphics, the tiles and things could be bumped up from Gen 3 to Gen 4, it'd look really smooth and overall i think would suit your large scale game nicely. but that's just my opinion i don't have anything against how your game looks thus far and it would also be a bit of work to re-do things in Gen 4 graphics but i'd love to see it.
    The graphics and whatnot aren't finalized by any means - other than a few changes here and there, most of the graphics are stock Essentials. Considering this game is little more than an engine at this point, the graphics probably will change.

Last edited:
    Back