• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Epic Emerald (Final release)

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • You should really look into that, sideshows hacks these days really need to hack the S/P split otherwise it's feels like a lot of pokemon are held back by not being able to use good movesets because of their lack of Attack or Sp.Atk

Maybe. Keep in mind that I did just alter 90% of all pokemon with that point in mind- as well as some moves to help that process along. I'd say that's a non issue for this hack.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Well it depends what you mean by altering pokemon, Did you change their stats to be more forgiving on not being able to use their types? or did you just alter their movesets? Because that still really doesn't fix much because you can do it yourself ingame.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Well it depends what you mean by altering pokemon, Did you change their stats to be more forgiving on not being able to use their types? or did you just alter their movesets? Because that still really doesn't fix much because you can do it yourself ingame.

All of the above and more. I suggest you look at the documentation I included in the .ZIP to see for yourself.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I hope you don't think I'm trying to attack your hack, it's just at the moment there are quite a few considerably good hacks for emerald and if you're going to make one, you need to bring something to the table that those hacks don't. So if I challenge you on the things you lack, you may find ways to fix it or make it different from other hacks, like you're trying to do.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • I hope you don't think I'm trying to attack your hack, it's just at the moment there are quite a few considerably good hacks for emerald and if you're going to make one, you need to bring something to the table that those hacks don't. So if I challenge you on the things you lack, you may find ways to fix it or make it different from other hacks, like you're trying to do.

No, I understand. I do have something like that in mind, but it'll have to come later. As stated in the OP, I am going to make this the funniest hack ever. Sadly, because there is no text ini for Emerald, I'm going to have to make one by recording every piece of dialogue in the game... and that'll take a while. So I do the easy(er) parts first just to prove I'm not dead/committed to the hack.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Okay. Bumping thread to let everyone know that I have redone Epic Emerald version 1, now renamed to version 1.2 due to adding the physical/special split and full fairy type into the game. I'm pretty sure there aren't any glitches, but if there are, please tell me. Aside from that... I'm finally back. Be afraid.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Why did you remove Magical Leaf? That move doesn't suck. And since you made Swagger do nothing, you could've removed that instead.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I was prepared to play this game, but then i saw these lame jokes about Treecko and Tombstoner...

...i'm not the fan of jokes like this, they are forced and actualy lame.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Why did you remove Magical Leaf? That move doesn't suck. And since you made Swagger do nothing, you could've removed that instead.

I figured it was safe to remove Magical Leaf due to the fact that there are now many buffed grass moves in the game already that outclass it, and most grass types learn Mystic Leaf too.

As for Swagger, I plan on using it for jokes in the future.

I was prepared to play this game, but then i saw these lame jokes about Treecko and Tombstoner...

...i'm not the fan of jokes like this, they are forced and actualy lame.

Hypothetically then, what jokes WOULD you like to see? Because keep in mind, I haven't actually programmed any jokes in the game yet save Tombstoner, and those are but two of the million or so varied jokes I have planned so far. And I'm always free for taking suggestions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Something more... mature? Truthful to the spirit of pokemon games? Calling something "gay" and making a reference to drugs is overall repetitive and actualy not funny. If you realy insist to use any jokes at all, try to make them funny and actualy in-flavour.

And lets just not even start about making a reference to anime, because it's a different kind of bullshit.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Something more... mature? Truthful to the spirit of pokemon games? Calling something "gay" and making a reference to drugs is overall repetitive and actualy not funny. If you realy insist to use any jokes at all, try to make them funny and actualy in-flavour.

And lets just not even start about making a reference to anime, because it's a different kind of bull****.

Well I can promise maturity later for sure. As stated I vary my jokes- I do this and that and everything in between because this is a very long game with many text edits. I do agree that Treecko's entry is not representative of the game, but I haven't made all the 386 pokdex edits yet so until then that's what I have.

I am curious though, what do you mean by a "joke that's truthful to the spirit of the games"? To me it sounds like you're talking about Tombstoner, a reference to gen 1, but you didn't like that so...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I Can't Enter Rayquaza in the Battle Frontier, you said we could enter any Pokemon barring Eggs. What is going on here?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    sorry to revive this topic but I need to know the legendaries location please. I know that the hack is now completed. that's why I'm asking for it. thanks in advance

Back