• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Errors

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    The English title card for the episode, "It's Mr. Mime Time" spells the name as "It's Mr. Mimie Time", although the title card's voiceover pronounces Mr. Mime's name correctly.
    Also, there's a scene in the first movie where it shows a Rapidash without its fire

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

But, in my yellow game on my GBC, pikachu's thundershock affected Brocks Onix.
    I never really understood why though. Hmm, I think some of the anime's most largest errors have been removed because they were in fact episodes. Although, I don't think some of theepisode should have be stopped except for the one with porygon in it. Since it was a saftey issue. :X

And that episode where James got fake boobs though lol. Although that would have been fun to watch C:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Why are their feet in the sidewalk?
    When you look at it as a still image it seems so. But actually its a slightly raised part if you can imagine it in 3D. Look at it with animation and it won't seem so.

But, in my yellow game on my GBC, pikachu's thundershock affected Brocks Onix.
    I never really understood why though.
    Could this have something to with Ash defeating Brock's Onix with Pikachu's thundershock because of the leaking pipes? They must have wanted to keep it similar to the Anime. And by that time in the game itself, no water or grass type Pokemon were found in the wild, so it would have been quite difficult to defeat Brock with an electric type starter.
    Hmm, I think some of the anime's most largest errors have been removed because they were in fact episodes. Although, I don't think some of theepisode should have be stopped except for the one with porygon in it. Since it was a saftey issue. :X
    There was a reason why they were banned. It wasn't done just for fun. Check this page to know why they were banned.

And that episode where James got fake boobs though lol. Although that would have been fun to watch C:
    That was required because it did not look very decent. And usually small kids were the ones watching the Anime at that time. Not that they aren't now. XD;

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I found an error in one of the Advance episodes, though I'm not sure what the exact name was: a blue Breloom (shiny Breloom are red).

Years
    I remember how Ash's Bulbasaur was able to use Tickle, even though it can't learn the move. T_T

Of course Bulbasaur can use Tickle. It has vines, doesn't it and I'm sure those vines can be quite ticklish if used in the right way just like with Whiscash's whiskas. Any pokemon with hands can probably be able to use Tickle too. Just because it can't learn Tickle in the games doesn't mean it can't use it in the anime. You have to think logically. Charizard couldn't use Fly in Red/Blue.

In the Orange Islands, they had lots of pink pokemon....remember? That's an error, sort of.

No it's not an error. It was quite clearly stated that the berries on Pinkan Island made the pokemon pink.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    I also remember the advance generation, where Seviper evolved into Arbok. Lol biggest mistake ever.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    WRONG! Ash incorrectly stated that Arbok evolves into Seviper, not the other way around. Trainer's Choice (and to a lesser extent Who's That Pokémon) were infamous for their errors back in the day.

I'll say... the constant mispluralization of Pokémon names. The ONLY time you should add the S when pluralizing is when referring to NidoranM and NidoranF in a group.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In the episode where Ash is battleing against Claire, when Charizard defeats the Dragonair, when the Dragonair is shown lieing down it's missing the horn!
    Wow I never actually noticed that until now (I just went and had a look at it on the website.)
    Heres a screen cap if anyones interested:
    Pokemon Errors

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Nidorino hits gengar with tackle in the intro video for LG and FR :/
    That was the in the first episode actually.

And Pikachu used quite a number of moves that he can't use.(like leer in school of hard knocks)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    That was the in the first episode actually.

And Pikachu used quite a number of moves that he can't use.(like leer in school of hard knocks)

IT was in both The very first episode and the Start of LG FR

One of the errors that i noticed was Team rocket balloon was flying over the indigo league and she say Arcanine use flamethrower but her Growlithe attacks
    You can find it on You tube by typing in officer Jenny's an idiot

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Well somebody took that right out of my PC album. :o

I liked the comment I made go with it: That must've been one hell of a story!
    /bad joke is bad

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't remember much in the anime - but I do remember always being so annoyed about a dubbing mistake in the first pokemon movie, where Jessie and James are looking up at the cloning screen and and they call a Scyther an Alakazam... I mean, come on. They don't look alike at ALL. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    How do you know that they tried to "cover it up"? You don't. It's possible that that they were trying to make Team Rocket look dumb and did that on purpose.

Back