• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Escapade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Hi again... this is my second time attempting to write a fanfiction. Let's hope this one stays... anywho, no delay, here we go... first just the very short prologue.
    By Super Gullwing

PG 13 - Language, violence, and lots of refrences from RENT.
    That being said, I do not own RENT. RENT BELONGS TO JONATHAN LARSON'S BROADWAY MUSICAL.

POKEMON: ESCAPADE
    PROLOGUE
    She was dead

"One night, I had a dream. I found myself in an endless field of dead flowers and grass. It was cold, it was foggy, and I wasn't able to see a thing. I felt so empty... I felt nothing. No feelings, no emotions... and I was helpless. Then in the sky, I saw a glowing, green, zooming snake through the murkiness. It stood out... I had no idea what it was, maybe a meteor. There was a cool tint to it... The shining snake seemed to come closer to me... I could see it come closer. I saw its head. It looked more like a dragon. Long green horns... or maybe ears on its head, blazing yellow eyes, and razor-like red teeth... Its body was long like a snake's but it had arms and big old claws. Gold rings and line designs were painted on its smooth scales. That's what I saw. It came closer, but the closer it got, the slower it came. I reached my arms out for it. It was pretty, whatever it was. Beautiful. A kind sweet-smelling breeze picked up and blew my long peach hair back and drove the dark haze away. As I opened my eyes and arms up more, the dragon had come as close as it ever could to me. I grabbed onto its snout and it took me up into the sky. I looked to the faded quarter moon in the dawn sky above us and smiled. The dragon smiled with me as I did. I held onto its horns on its head as we started to ascend. We passed through wet rain clouds and circled around puffy ones as we kept soaring higher. This dragon knew what I was thinking, wherever I wanted to go, it took me. However... I never said a word. It took me up high, within the ozone layer. I was surprised I could breathe. We stopped for a break, I was cold again, and when I looked down, I saw the earth. It was amazing... it was unreal. Yet it didn't feel like a dream. We slowly flew back down, and I felt as if I was reborn."

Mei-Lee had been thinking hard a lot lately.

"That dream I had was four years ago. So I've been told anyways... I was only five, but I don't remember anything before that dream."

There sat Mei-Lee in a daze in the middle of a Pokemon contest hall entrance. She could sense she was missing something important, but she was too deep in thought to remember. She had never gave these memories much thought until now.

"Mei-Lee," A voice called. Mei-Lee turned her head to see her friend 15-year-old Furea in the doorway to the contest arena. "Is this where you've been all this time? You missed most of Ichiko-chan's final match all ready!"

"Oh no Uh...I-I did?" Mei-Lee was forcefully snapped out of her daydreams and reminded of what she should have been doing.

"Yeah, you did. Come on, there isn't much time left, you have to cheer her on as well."

"I'm coming!"

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    "Mei-Lee," A voice called. Mei-Lee turned her head to see her sister 15-year-old sister Furea in the doorway to the contest arena. "Is this where you've been all this time? You missed most of Ichiko-chan's final match all ready!"

Well I like it like the last time I read it. ^^ But this time around I found something (in bold) I'd take out the underlined word.

Can't wait until Chapter 1 comes out.

~desu Saba~

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Thanks... oops. ^^'
    And thank you SABA-SAN for being my editor. xD
    Chapter 1...

POKEMON: ESCAPADE
    CHAPTER 1

First Contest, First Loss!

"It's down to the wire here of the final match, as the newbie coordinator Magical Blue and her Illumise Lucie from here in Slateport–who have come this far–are at neck and neck with The Phantom and his Dusclops from Verdanturf! This year's Slateport contest has definitely been one of the best. With only fifty seconds on the clock and The Phantom in the lead, will things turn the other way around before time's up?" the announcer, Vivian Meridian, called out through the stage to the audience, who cheered loudly to her in response. Two in front made their cheering heard rooting for Magical Blue. Sitting in front of the crowd, a little pink haired girl stood up out of her seat and yelled to the stage:

"MAGICAL BLUE, YOU KNOW IT!"

On the stage stood two trainers and their tired Pokemon. On the right, a boy with a dark cape, a top hat, and a mask that seemed to resemble his Pokemon's face. Standing about ten feet away from him was a plump grey ghost Pokemon Dusclops, staring straight at it's opponent with its red eye. And hovering in front on Dusclops was a small firefly Pokemon, Illumise. On the Illumise's side, a girl with blue hair in pigtails was also all dressed up and stood in front of her with a nervous look on her face. She was a shy timid girl with big dreams of competing in the Grand Festival, this was her very first contest and she was extremely nervous. She's gotten all the way to the final round against a more experienced Coordinator named Phantom The Masked Coordinator, who has competed in many other contests before. This girl had everyone's attention, lights were beaming down at her, the crowd cheering for her, it was all live on TV, not to mention of course, her two sisters were rooting for her. To make her feel worse, she had a terrible fear for the Pokemon she was facing, Dusclops. Standing still and afraid, she didn't command anything of her Illumise.

"Yeah, we'll finish this now," said The Phantom. "Dusclops, use Will-O-Wisp again!"

"Dus." The Phantom's Dusclops replied, it started waving it's hands around as little blue fire balls appeared around it. Magical Blue was immediately snapped out of her daze, and she yelled out:

"Lucie, start spinning!"

"Lu," In response, the little firefly Pokemon started to twirl around in place over and over, and quick. Then quicker, and within seconds, Illumise had become a spinning top, whipping up all the flames from Dusclop's attack. The health bar on the screen by The Phantom's name dropped a little.

"Nice technique!" came Vivian's voice from the speakers. "Lucie's spinning so fast it looks like a Rapid Spin!"

"That's what it's supposed to look like, hmm," the girl said to herself. "Okay, with that, use Silver Wind!"
    Covered by a spiral shield of blue fire as she spun, a gust of shining argentiferous dust blew around her as well. It blended in nicely with the bits of flames. They had the audience gasping and the little girl in front sitting with her sister had sparkles in her eyes as she watched. She was still standing up in her seat and others behind her started throwing things at her. But she tried not to care... even though it would really piss her off.

"Hey kid," a big man sitting behind her grumbled. "Sit down, I can't see with you in the way."

"Shush!" she turned around to him with her fingers in front of her lips and accidentally spitting in his face. "I'm trying to watch the contest!"

"Mei-Lee," said the calm purple haired girl Furea who next to her. "You should sit down... others can't see."
    The little girl Mei-Lee just gave her a strange look, said nothing and kept standing.

"Go Magical Blue!" she screamed and purposely wacked Furea in the face with her long ponytail. Magical Blue gulped, now knowing that she had both her sisters' full attention.

"Now quick attack!" she called.

"Lulu!" Lucie and her dancing Silver Wind then took off and bulleted across the stage towards the grey cyclops Pokemon. In this fight, Lucie had the advantage over Dusclops when it came to speed, but that didn't mean much to the Phantom. As long as he acted quicker, he could stop her.

"Stop it with Disable, Dusclops!" he commanded as Lucie had just come face to face with his Pokemon.

"Dus." Just as Dusclops had heard its trainer's demand, it waved its hands again with a blue glow. The glowing immediately stopped Lucie right where she was and the silver dust and flames bursted from her body. As the flames quickly went out, the dust flew up into the air and floated by a sparkling blue mist supported by Dusclops' attack.

"Beautiful!" Vivian announced. "Dusclops stopped that Illumise right in her tracks before she even got close to it. And using her attacks to make Dusclops' moves more appealing was excellent! Points go down for Magical Blue..."

"No no no! Magical Blue, attack attack attack! Fight fight fight!" cheered Mei-Lee as she frantically started waving her hands in the air.
    "That's it kid, quit it!" yelled the man behind her. He kicked her seat and she almost fell over the wall to the stage below her. Luckily for her, Furea grabbed onto the bottom part of her skirt and stopped her from falling.

"Oh my gosh!" Mei-Lee yelled. She turned around to the man and continued: "That was so rude, mister! I oughta punch you for that–!"

"Idiot...! Calm down." Furea grabbed her by the shoulder and pulled her down to her seat. Covering Mei-Lee's screaming mouth, Furea didn't bother to watch the rest of the contest and she rubbed her temples. Mei-Lee's attention went back to the contest just as she sat down. Furea looked to the score. There was only less then ten seconds left on the clock, and Magical Blue had no chance at wining, especially with her situation now. Furea could tell that Magical Blue felt the same way.

"We've got that Illumise right where we want it now," The Phantom told his Dusclops as Lucie struggled to get free from the ghost Pokemon's Disable attack. "Shadow Punch!"

"Dus...clops," Dusclops moved in closer with a glowing purple fist and punched Lucie hard right in the face.

"Lucie..."

A shocked defeated Lucie hared through the stage from Dusclops' punch and plowed into her trainer. Magical Blue caught her in her arms before being thrown onto the floor.

BERRRZ

A loud buzz was heard. Magical Blue knew that the sound either meant that time was up or one was defeated. She didn't look up at the screen. She knew she had lost... She sat there with Lucie as she listened to the audience loudly cheered for The Phantom and his Dusclops.

"What do you know, folks! It looks like another win for The Phantom of Verdenturf town! He and his Dusclops are winners of this spectacular Slateport Contest, winning their third ribbon!" announced Vivian, holding up a small brooch with beautifully crafted turquoise threads. "The Phantom will only need to win two more contests and then he have a chance to enter the Grand Festival! So we wish him and his Pokemon the best of luck."
    Both Magical Blue and The Phantom with their Pokemon walked over to the center of the stage to join Vivian and faced the roaring crowd. Magical Blue looked up to the crowd right into the transpicuous disappointed faces of her sister Furea and Mei-Lee, which immediately brought her down. As Magical Blue sulked in her loss with Lucie in her arms, The Phantom proudly took the ribbon from Vivian and the crowd cheered.

Later after the contest, Magical Blue had changed out of her contest costume in the locker room and back into her regular clothes–which was a lemon yellow T-shirt with a black tie and long baggy shorts to cover over her summer tan lines. She took out the big blue ribbons from pig tails and walked over to the sink with Lucie nervously floating behind her. The girl filled her cupped hand with warm water and splashed over her face. She could recognize Lucie's faintly reflection through the fogged mirror.

"Don't feel bad, Lucie, it wasn't your fault...hmm." Ichiko softly said with a smile. Lucie returned a half hearted smile still with a big feeling of guilt. "It's probably my fault... I'm a rookie, I only know what I know about contests from watching them on TV. I know nothing about actually being up there and competing... it was really scary at first. I don't know... Should I really go on with this?"

"You just need more experience,"

"Hmmm?" The girl turned from the sink and saw a brown haired boy standing about her height with a Dusclops at his side. She reacted with a small shriek.

"Hahaha... sorry. Does Dusclops scare you?" he chuckled.

"Oh no... it's f-fine..." she said shivering. "Oh. Hey, congratulations on your third ribbon... Phantom."

"Thanks. You can call me Timmy by the way." Timmy said, taking out a Pokeball and pointing it toward his Dusclops. A red beam shot out the center of the ball and Dusclops was then transported inside of it. He put it in his pocket. "So I overheard you talking before about the contest. Don't be upset about it, everyone messes up you know. It was your first time, you have to aim to do better next time, that's all. And keep training. If you keep on doing what you were doing before, you'll definitely win soon. No doubt, those combination attacks of yours were amazing."

"Heh, thanks," the girl smiled. "Also, my real name is Ichiko. Magical Blue is my stage name."

"Hah. Well Ichiko, I wish you luck in your next contests."

"You too." she sighed and Timmy started to depart from the locker room. Being honored by her opponent, a curious thought ran through her head. Her shyness didn't stop her from asking either. "Wait, Timmy," she said quietly, surprisingly enough, Timmy was able to hear her. "I need to get five ribbons to compete in the Grand Festival, is that right...? So you have three now, that means you only need two more. If you enter the Grand Festival and end up either winning or losing, what will you do? What do you do next?"

"Yeah, if I get two more, I look forward to going to the Grand Festival. And it won't matter to me if I win or lose, after that I will move on."

"You'll move on? You mean stop doing contests?'

"No way! I'll never quit, I'll keep entering contests. But I don't have to keep doing them here, I can go to other places and compete there." said Timmy. Ichiko sighed with a bright smile.

"Where would you go?"

"I'm not sure. There's a lot of cool places out there like Sinnoh and Johto... maybe I'll go to one of those places since my mom's business is going good."
    "Cool. Maybe someday I will go to a new place too..." Ichiko sighed and Lucie happily perched herself on her trainer's shoulders. "So you're from Verdanturf?" she asked, not caring for an answer, just avoiding the presence of embarrassing silence between them.

"Yeah, and I came all the way here with my parents for this contest. They always come and support me through all my battling, even if it means coming out of work."

"That sounds nice, are you staying here for awhile?" asked Ichiko in, still using a soft voice.

"No, we want to get going tomorrow afternoon, so we still have time to do something here. You live here, what do you suggest we do?"

"Oh..." Ichiko thought, rushing herself to think of a place. So may places... for some odd reason, she couldn't pick one. There was the Oceanic Museum and Stern's Shipyard at the east side of the city, and all kinds of markets on the west side. Then there was her personal favorite place in the city, the local beach. Ichiko couldn't think of which to tell him... so she told him to go to the worst place instead: "Go to Gemstone Inn."
    Timmy had memorized and recognized the name of the restaurant.

"Go there?" Ichiko thought, just realizing what she had just said. "I work there! And it sucks! "

"Gemstone Inn? I heard that's the worst place in this city..." Timmy replied, making Ichiko feel a little more embarrassed.

"Yeah well... you never know, the citics could be wrong... And they could really use the money and maybe they'd get better if more people ate there..." she said a bit more loudly, as if she were offended.

"Who would want to eat there, that place is so bad, it's going out of business isn't it?" Timmy said, looking up to see Ichiko and Lucie with their heads down, gazing up to him with glaring dark eyes. "Wh...what? What's with that expression?" Ichiko and Lucie did nothing else but growl while they shot Timmy with that terrifying look.

"Uh...o-okay, I'll go... Why, will you be there?" He answered, getting an instant response and Ichiko and Lucie nodded their heads. Thinking it was strange that this girl wanted to meet him at the Gemstone Inn with his parents, he kept a fake smile on his face and gave a nervous chuckle.

"Good, hmmm. I'll make you tea–-er... I mean... I'll pay." she told him Timmy nervously smiled as he started to walk out again, this time Ichiko followed. They walked out into the contest hall room and there they saw Furea and Mei-Lee waiting.

"I really have to go now, Ichiko. Take care!" Timmy happily told her.

Ichiko and Lucie watched him as he left out the door and saw them coming.... She looked up to see her twin sister Furea and Mei-Lee come walking up to her looking a little disappointed. Mei-Lee with her head hung down walked slowly behind Furea as they came to comfort Ichiko after her loss.

"Wow Ichiko, you blew it," said Furea with a smile, putting a deeper frown on her sister's face.

"Shut up, Furea! You're making it worse!" Mei-Lee warned.

"Hey, you were missing more than half the match not being there to cheer for her." Furea said in a joking manner.

"Guys..." Ichiko sighed between the two. "It had nothing to do with you two, really. I was just a bit careless I guess. Don't bring yourselves down just because of me, it will be better."

"I guess... but Ichiko, it doesn't bother you that you lost?" Mei-Lee asked.

"Yeah," sighed the blue haired girl with a smile. It almost seemed as if she didn't care that she lost. "But I'll just try harder next time."
    Furea was amazed that Ichiko could remain so nonchalant after she had not won the Contest. She always new Ichiko as a quiet and shy sister, almost opposite of the way she was. It then came to Furea that Ichiko was the same girl who works hard everyday almost like a mother to her, Mei-Lee, and the restaurant they own. For a rather timid girl, being strong and able to cope with stiff situations came relatively easily, even on her own. Not too long ago, Ichiko was a very dependant girl, always doing things with Furea, exactly like Furea. It seemed like just now Furea had realized how much her sister had changed, and she was proud.

"Yeah, what do you say lets go home then?" Furea asked the two, they nodded in agreement.

I might draw Escapade too, like a manga/comic.

Last edited:

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Woah you've got a good grammar :D
    keep up the good work ;D

.Aero

Years
    Great job again Ichi-chan. ^^ I hope my "editing helped" xD (I hardly did anything except find that Vivian Vivian) Oh well though, I can't wait for chapter 2. ^^ Wonder what Ichiko is gonna do next.

~desu Saba~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is great! I can't wait to read more. I love the way you describe attacks and I like Mei-Lee ^^

There are some things to change, though.

"MAGICAL BLUE YOU KNOW IT!"
    Know what?

A shocked defeated Lucie hared through the stage from Dusclops' punch and plowed into her trainer.
    It should be "shocked and defeated Lucie. Or at least a comma in between. Or perhaps it shouldn't even say "defeated" there?

She always new Ichiko as a quiet and shy sister, almost opposite of the way she was.
    I do understand what this part wants to tell me, but the words seem a little clumsy chosen here and in the next sentences. "She always new"?
    It then came to Furea that Ichiko was the same girl who works hard everyday almost like a mother to her, Mei-Lee, and the restaurant they own.
    I think you should refine this a bit. Perhaps like:
    "But then it dawned to Furea that Ichiko was almost like a mother to her and Mei-Lee, working hard every day in the restaurant they owned."

And a strange thing. In the prologue, Mei-Lee seems older, at least she acts older. And it says Furea is a "friend". Not a sister?

There are also a few grammatic and spelling mistakes I don't point out, but nothing severe ^^

All in all, I haven't read a good contest fic in a long time, but this is one. Keep it up, I'm waiting for a new chapter!
    (And if you decide to draw it, I'm happppy. I've been thinking about letting someone draw a story I have coming as well.)

Years
    This looks great.

But how can you start such a story with this?

One night

One day, once upon a time, one night etc. are all bad starts.

Amazing description though.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    One night

One day, once upon a time, one night etc. are all bad starts.

No, they aren't, Skii. You can start a story whatever way you want, and the only reason you think it isn't a good way to start a story is because you aren't as captivating as Gullwing when it comes to writing, and therfore, cannot use 'One Night' as a start without messing the story up.

Other than that, it's alright, a few grammatical errors, but other than that, it's good... I'll be waiting for chapter two, and I'll do a review. Keep it up, you have a lot of potential.

.Aero

Years
    I'm a horrible editor Ichi-chan. xD I'm so sorry, I promise next time I will catch mistakes. xP This was my first time so cut me some slack.

To everyone: I am Ichi-chan's editor, so if you catch something, it's my fault. xD I only found one thing in the new chapter, which she fixed, but if you find anything else, get mad at me. xD That'll teach me to do better.

I want to know though, is Ichiko the main character? Or is is Mei-Lee? (I think you've told me it was Mei-Lee, but I can't remember...)

~desu Saba~

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Woot, comments ^^

TotoMud - Thankies... oh no, I'm not sure if that's meant to be sarcasm of what... ^^;
    Saba-San - OHH. I guess... ahaha. We both need to do better. You need to find out yourself who the main character is since you forgot... xD
    Fabledawn - Oooh, mistakes! Thanks for catching those, I know I have to be more careful with my words sometimes and I'm gonna try to find them myself... xD
    Skii - Thanks. Eh... oh well...xD;
    Oni Raichu - Thank you too. ^^

Chapter 2 is coming along slowly as I'm drawing it too... I've drawn up to five pages all ready but I don't want to show them yet. Chapter 2 should be done soon though.

Happy New Year by the way. ^^

One Charmed Dude

♥~*~♥Charmed One♥~*~♥
    Years
    Well, I finally got here to read your fanfiction!!! It was great!!! I can't wait until you write more!!! The first chapter was great and so was the dream thing, that was really cool!!! I hope Ichiko wins her next contest!!!

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Thanks for the comment, One Charmed Dude. ^^

I dropped this fic for about a month and I haven't worked much since and I really apologize. I guess I've been busy with other things and homework... I'll have chapter two up real soon, and have more chapters up sooner. I'm really sorry... but I'm working on it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't bump fanfics with spam.

Ichi-chan, PM me if you want this to be reopened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back