• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Would it be possible to get a status update on the game?

Progress is slow but steady. I'm sorry we can't give you a more specific answer, but we're changing a lot of stuff around and have made so much new stuff, that we simply don't want to spoil any of it before its ready. Thanks for your patience people.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    Might be a good idea to change letter color on 1st page, can only read it when I select everything.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2017
    Hey is it possible to get this uploaded to Dropbox as I really would like to play it but can't use those filesharing sites in my country

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    hey my window for the game is really tiny anyone know why or how i can make it bigger?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2017
    I remember playing the demo of this game! This game is amazing! How long did it take you guys to get from point A to point B?

Rebel0

Rebel0 :)
    Years
  • The game looks absolutely beautiful, just finished playing the demo! I'm looking forward to playing the entire game!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2018
    Ok i have downloaded the game but the screen is tiny and i cannot stand it, can someone PLEASE tell me how to make the screen bigger because i cannot play this at all. The screen is like this big.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    yes LITTERALLY THIS BIG. PLEEAAASSSEEEE HELP ME.

also no the maximise button DOES NOT WORK

ARGH

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm, I like this game but there is a glaring issue IMO, and its that theres far too many normal types early game. Sure this is a demo and the distribution is sure to change later on but this is a bit of a glaring issue to be honest. On average the normal types that make up early game catches (pre-first gym) usually number at 3 different species, not counting their evolutions, at most. (Kanto had pidgey, rattata, and spearow, Johto had Sentret, Pidgey, and Rattata during the day and Hoothoot at night just to cite examples) Now that aside there is some good variety in types for early game what with there being an interesting bird which becomes an electric type later on and a fox pokemon with psychic powers to name examples.

But after playing for a few minutes of this demo and checking the wiki and what the pokemon in the current build were capable of my eagerness sorta dropped seeing just how many were normal types. I like normal types even though they arent my favorite, but if later versions of this fangame dont either change some of the typings (some, not all, I do like the combo of psychic/normal for earr and its evolution) or if the pokemon distributions change up down the road making some of these early game finds appear later on and vice versa then this could negatively impact team building a good deal. I mean even if one started with the grass starter, whats to stop a fighting type from sweeping your whole team? Since the water starter is a fighting type as well that's an issue to keep in mind.

Point is, I feel there may be a few too many normal types for such early game events. Some of these guys look like they could do better with a type other than normal in fact. But this is just my opinion. I hope this game does well regardless of my issue.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2019
    Hmm, I like this game but there is a glaring issue IMO, and its that theres far too many normal types early game. Sure this is a demo and the distribution is sure to change later on but this is a bit of a glaring issue to be honest. On average the normal types that make up early game catches (pre-first gym) usually number at 3 different species, not counting their evolutions, at most. (Kanto had pidgey, rattata, and spearow, Johto had Sentret, Pidgey, and Rattata during the day and Hoothoot at night just to cite examples) Now that aside there is some good variety in types for early game what with there being an interesting bird which becomes an electric type later on and a fox pokemon with psychic powers to name examples.

But after playing for a few minutes of this demo and checking the wiki and what the pokemon in the current build were capable of my eagerness sorta dropped seeing just how many were normal types. I like normal types even though they arent my favorite, but if later versions of this fangame dont either change some of the typings (some, not all, I do like the combo of psychic/normal for earr and its evolution) or if the pokemon distributions change up down the road making some of these early game finds appear later on and vice versa then this could negatively impact team building a good deal. I mean even if one started with the grass starter, whats to stop a fighting type from sweeping your whole team? Since the water starter is a fighting type as well that's an issue to keep in mind.

Point is, I feel there may be a few too many normal types for such early game events. Some of these guys look like they could do better with a type other than normal in fact. But this is just my opinion. I hope this game does well regardless of my issue.

I know how you feel. With the first gym also being normal, it gives a pretty hard time fighting it (IMO).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    So I noticed a glitch. I went back into Honey Knot Woods to train, after completing the quest there, and when I entered the center area again, a "Help me" quote appeared. I had already battled the Pokemon, so there was no one who needed help. Now my game will not let me save since the cursor is always forced to the last option, "no". Same for bag items. I cannot access the map or any item on the top or middle of the list, just the very last item only.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    So I noticed a glitch. I went back into Honey Knot Woods to train, after completing the quest there, and when I entered the center area again, a "Help me" quote appeared. I had already battled the Pokemon, so there was no one who needed help. Now my game will not let me save since the cursor is always forced to the last option, "no". Same for bag items. I cannot access the map or any item on the top or middle of the list, just the very last item only.

I restarted the game, the cursor problem is still there, I just noticed that another problem is that now I cannot switch the order of my Pokemon, so if anyone is going to Honey Knot Woods, be careful.

Ok i have downloaded the game but the screen is tiny and i cannot stand it, can someone PLEASE tell me how to make the screen bigger because i cannot play this at all. The screen is like this big.

yes LITTERALLY THIS BIG. PLEEAAASSSEEEE HELP ME.

also no the maximise button DOES NOT WORK

ARGH

Sorry this is late, but if you are still having problems, there is an option for making the screen bigger under options at start up. You would have to select double screen or triple screen. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeuMansh

Banned
    Years
  • This is really amazing Game and I have downloaded the Ethereal Pokemon Game and have enjoyed the Walkthrough

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2018
    I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but when I tried playing for the first time, the cursor always was at the bottom of the menu. This started when I tried making the screen larger. The options would automatically go to Save and Exit. I was able to start a new game, and it kept happening, so I couldn't see the controls or be a boy. It also made my name a lot of h's and when I tried to delete them, they kept coming back. After I said my name wasn't that, it did it with e's too. The game also wouldn't allow me to select that it was my name either, like I said before, so I was not able to even get into the real game.

Last edited:
    Back