• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    @Rirrin I made a video on how to make the game full screen.My youtube channel:Vegeta Super Gaming on google + ;)

SebiChecker1

How can I lower the sound (or mute it), it's way to loud!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    My only issue is that I have to sit and grind on level 4 pokemon trying to get mine to level 17 so I can finally beat the Gym Leader .-. Is there any other place to train besides Avocet Forest???

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Hey, I just downloaded this game. Love it btw, I just wanna know how would I know when a new version is up? like where will I check?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2015
    Greetings,
    I just finished the demo for PEG so I thought I would give you guys a full review of your game so far. This is in hopes you will fix any and all issues the game has. I won't be pulling any punches just so I can help you guys make this game perfect.
    Pros
    -Games looks beautiful, graphics are great sprite work amazing
    -Soundtrack is great too although more variety in music would be appreciated
    -Particular Pokemon have great, creative, interesting designs
    -Supporting characters are interesting
    -Great use of atmosphere(especially the library I was actually creeped out playing through that))
    -Overall a lot of heart put into this game

Cons
    -Character is far too slow making going anywhere extremely tedious
    -Sounds needs to have options so I can mute it if I want to
    -Screen is incredibly small I need to be able to change its size
    -Multiple unfinished sprites
    -Battle system is extremely slow making grinding tedious(I had to turn of battle scene just so I could get through this game)
    -Some Pokemon designs are a bit lackluster in my opinion.
    -Wild Pokemon levels are too low which makes grinding even more tedious
    -Not enough trainers to battle off of making my party even more under-leveled
    -Both gym designs are interesting but also tedious and are a bore to navigate(especially if you have to leave and come back)
    -Cut scenes are also very slow
    -The return of HM's (There are so many creative ways to get around this like using multiple moves that work as HM's or using an item instead)
    -The library was horrible to navigate after you ran out of repels( make the area smaller or lessen the encounter rate )

The Gym Leaders Cons(The gym leaders at this point were so poorly designed that they deserved there own section)
    -The levels of their Pokemon were soaring higher than any other Pokemon you encounter(This would not be a problem if grinding was less tedious and had higher level wild Pokemon)
    -The first gym was so impossibly hard for me when I used the grass starter that I had to result to spamming double team until the other team couldn't hit me
    After multiple dirty tactics I managed to beat the first gym now onto the second
    -The Pokemon were specifically designed to counter everything good against them which made it almost impossible
    -Had to rely solely on luck to win with the use of sing and thunder wave
    -Pollinate is a ridiculous move that shouldn't exist because it is unfair to miss almost every single attack against the leader
    -Why is a grass rock type in a bug gym? That's just blatantly unfair
    -The only positive is the satisfaction from winning after 20 billion attempts

Overall the game has potential but because the atrocity that is the gym leaders and the sheer tediousness of the game I would have to give a current score of 4/10. I enjoyed alot of this demo and want you guys to do your best fixing these issues. I apologize if I got a bit heated during this review.

Good Luck!
    Zonova

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    i just finished the demo and i want to say that was one of the best games of pokemon i've ever played ........ and
    i just want to say to whoever is reading this picking up one of the items in the lighthouse will crash your game

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    Hello, Anyone have the same error which is when trying to heal in a pokemon centre it saids that Fmod error when the nurse went to the healing machine?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    This is what happended when i entered the first pokecentre in the game
    How to solve the problem?

Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    A bug report (what I have noticed while playing so far)

-many things are "displaced" move animations too high, switch Pokemon cursor way too low etc.
    -wide sprites have edges clipped off in some situations
    -some pokedex entries are wrong - jinkai says ghost, but is ghost/fairy, ottum has no type at all.
    -this item crashes you in the lighthouse if you pick it up: View attachment 76381

just finished the library and am really enjoying it. you guys did a great job in there with the soundtrack and the riddles in there (second one was super clever) please implement exp share asap as It's pretty slow and painful to train up any new team member you catch in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    Their Twitter. I'm pretty sure.

I see. Not too sure why they designed it like that though, lol. Who would seriously enjoy the small screen?

Moving on...

- The first gym leader is incredibly overtuned. First Pokemon using Bite and 2 shotting my team. I can't even get any hits in because the Flinch proc rate is insanely high. And the second Pokemon is 1 shotting my team with Stomp, too.
    - Combat is pretty slow and not very grind-friendly.
    - Pokemon sprites and animations so far have been really impressive to me. The designs of the new Pokemon are great.
    - Dialogue seems to be written properly and similar to what real Pokemon games use.
    - Characters are well written and personalities are pretty clear so far. Good work.
    - Route layouts are great and aren't too short, or too long.

Just a few things off the top of my head. If anything, please tune gym leaders properly firstly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Just a quick message, not a whole review of the demo. For those who, like me, have a hard time with the first Gym (like, the second pokemon is OS-ing your full team with Stomp) :

Catch a Polbee, and level it up. At some point, it'll learn Gust, speeding up the grind in the forest area full of bug and grass pokemon considerably. Then, at level ~15, it'll learn stun spore. With the high-speed of Polbee, you're almost guarantee to strike first and paralyze your foe. All you have to do from there's is to haxx them to death and load your file if it doesn't work.

Cheers. Her third pokemon is a Hunbear. It's a joke compared to what you got through with the two first.

Anzel

Alliroe Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    I was a bit disappointed not to see my Pokemon's gender when nicknaming :P

Back