• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Evolve so late....

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
Years
  • It annoys me to NO end, just look at all these who evolve late:

Vanilite -> Level 37: Vanilish -> Level 47: Vanilluxe
    Deino -> Level 50: Zweilous -> Level 64: Hydreigon
    Rufflet/Vullaby -> Level 54: Braviary/Mandibuzz
    Larvesta -> Level 59: Volcanora
    Mienfoo -> Level 50: Mienshao
    Sandile -> Level 39: Krokorok -> Level 40: Krookodile
    Scraggy -> Level 39: Scrafty
    Tirtouga/Archen -> Level 37: Carracosta/Archeops
    Gothorita/Duosion -> Level 41: Gothitelle/Reuniclus
    Foongus -> Level 39: Amoongus
    Frillish -> Level 40: Jellicent
    Ferroseed -> Level 40: Ferrothorn
    Klink -> Level 38: Klang -> Level 49: Klinklang
    Tynamo -> Level 38: Eelektrik
    Elgym -> Level 42: Beheeyem
    Litwick -> Level 41: Lampent
    Axew -> Level 38: Fraxure -> Level 48: Haxorus
    Golett -> Level 43: Golurk
    Pawniard -> Level 52: Bisharp

They're all in the high 30's to early 60's range. That would be fine, though the forms should be more spread out. For lines with 3 Pokémon in it, they should evolve in the teens or 20's, not in the high 30's and then again in the late 40's. That's too bunched out and IMO it should be more spread out.

Because the Pokemons they evolve too has insane power jump. Example:
    Archen once you evolve into Archeops, just keep its acrobatics can OHKO most of the gym leaders/e4 pokemons. Haxorus is a gift wrap to trainers with its high atk and you only have to train a wild Axew you caught around 28 levels. DDance + Outrage/Dragon Claw takes out e4, N and Ghetsis.

All the pokemons you listed becomes powerhouses once they evolve.
    Unlike older generations that only has few powerhouse that evolves from a two line evolution.

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Most of the pokemon that require a high level before evolution is partly because you catch them at a rather high level to begin with.. wouldn't be much of a challenge if you caught something at lvl 40 and have its final form at 41. but thats just my opinion

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Aside from the already given points, it's really easy to gain EXP in Black and White. Audinos give a truckload of it, you get a free Lucky Egg, and the whole EXP system in general just seems faster. In Black I often found myself level-grinding, not out of necessity, but just because it was so conveniently quick and easy in comparison to the previous games. I think that kinda nullifies the negative side of having such high evolution levels.

Bwazzam

*explosion noise*
    Years
  • Most of the pokemon that require a high level before evolution is partly because you catch them at a rather high level to begin with.. wouldn't be much of a challenge if you caught something at lvl 40 and have its final form at 41. but thats just my opinion

This is kinda true. The only exception I can think of is Drilbur, which evolves at level 31 and is found at levels 10-13.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Some of them annoy me. Especially because I had to level up my Zweilous to lv64 before it evolved before the Pokemon League. Which has Pokemon on lv48 and is filled with under-leveled Pokemon. Well at least they have Audino on every route to help you level up faster.

Years
  • Some of them annoy me. Especially because I had to level up my Zweilous to lv64 before it evolved before the Pokemon League. Which has Pokemon on lv48 and is filled with under-leveled Pokemon. Well at least they have Audino on every route to help you level up faster.

Yeah, Zweilous doesn't evolve till Lv64. Unless if you fight a lot of Audino.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years

They're all in the high 30's to early 60's range. That would be fine, though the forms should be more spread out. For lines with 3 Pokémon in it, they should evolve in the teens or 20's, not in the high 30's and then again in the late 40's. That's too bunched out and IMO it should be more spread out.

It's not that annoying that they evolve late because they learn certain moves faster before they evolve. Then when they do evolve those moves become some powerful it's like you're committing murder when you fight.

Years
  • I like that some Pokemon evolve later in the levels. It makes it a lot more rewarding when they do evolve.

Years
  • I see what your saying, my main issue is that some don't evolve out of their first form until the late 30s, and in one case level 50 (Deino).

The first evolutions of pokemon tend to become very weak in the game at about level 26-30 so having to grind with them up until level 37-39 is difficult.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I agree. & it can get pretty annoying.
    Especially Zweilous which evolves into Hydreigon at Lv.64.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It depends. If I'm just trying to evolve it for the Pokedex it's annoying, but if I'm actually using it, I like it a lot. It gives me something to look forward to, instead of just dozens of levels of endless grinding with no reward in sight.

Exactly what I was going to type. For example, I caught a Deino at Victory Road because I wanted a Hydreigon, and I was really excited for it to evolve and it made the game more fun. I would be annoyed if I just wanted a Hydreigon for the PokeDex though...

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I actually like the fact that there's more Pokémon that evolves in the later levels. But it annoys me when I'm trying to complete the PokéDex, but other than that, I'm fine with it.

And the reason they evolve so late is probably that most Pokémon in the region becomes like said earlier, powerhouses which could easily beat the trainers, gym leaders and the E4, giving it no challenge at all.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years

^ This.

When I first saw that Zweilous evolves at lvl 64, I think it was a mistake. I like it when Pokemon evolves early, it gives you, I don't know, a pat on the back? I really don't like level grinding so having Pokemon evolve in later stages annoyed me. I like it if Pokemon evolves kinda like the starters or Gardevoir and such.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It's not that annoying that they evolve late because they learn certain moves faster before they evolve. Then when they do evolve those moves become some powerful it's like you're committing murder when you fight.

was it wrong to laugh when you said that? xD

I agree. The fact Klank doesn't evolve until lvl 49 is annoying me. I guess they wanted us to get used to the new pokemon by letting us a spend a LOT of time with them before they evolve.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I always thought that most Pokemons evolve too quickly. Mind you, I still enjoyed it because my team grew stronger by every evolution.

However, I prefer it is this way. It makes Pokemon training more challenging.

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    The only two Pokemon I used on my team that evolve were Zorua (Lv30) and Oshawatt (Lv17 & 36) i was training other pokemon but they didn't evolve very quickly. I trained zebstrika to 27 then ditched it for emolga. I want a hydreigon but i'm not sure if i want to raise the deino to lv64 just for a hydreigon i might never use

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Some of them annoy me. Especially because I had to level up my Zweilous to lv64 before it evolved before the Pokemon League. Which has Pokemon on lv48 and is filled with under-leveled Pokemon. Well at least they have Audino on every route to help you level up faster.
    Underleveled? I think you were just overleveld. My pokemon (44-47) were right on par with the Lvs on the E4 (46-48)

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I love it when I level up to get good results..
    I usually use the Lucky Egg so it makes it a lot easier when leveling up!

CrowSama

Too. Much. Caffine.
    Years
  • I think it's great, it makes trainers really have to work for that full pokedex. But on the training front they are a pain in the butt to train (My stupid Deino didn't get to a Zweilous without 4 rare candies because it can't stay alive...) but they do have the highest leveled wild pokemon of any region, which makes training them a bit easier.

Back