• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Do you need any help scripting?

It's been a while since I've hacked Emerald (back in the dark ages of sound corruption), but I'm certain my National Dex and Poke Mart scripts for XSE are still in the same folders.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
You should update the doc on pokémon changes, this is a great hack but getting swept by Norman because Granbull is suddenly normal/dark and Blissey apparently having base 65 defence sucks.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
^ Thanks for that, some of the changes slip away. I'll tie it in with my next update which should be up within the next couple of days hopefully.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Alright, I just defeated Maxie in the Magma hideout, about to challenge Team Aqua.
My team:

Sceptile Level 67

Poliwrath Level 67

Typhlosion Level 67

Hariyama Level 66

Flygon Level 66

Gengar Level 66

Determined to defeat the Elite 4 today, which could be possible. Again, loving this hack Suicune!
Also, 8x speed FTW!
Update: Just defeated the Mossdeep Gym. ALMOST THERE!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
Sorry this is my first time here. When I play after applying your patch and you updated the patch. Will it ruin the older patched rom if I apply the update? or do i need another clean rom?

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I have a problem/question. I don't seem to find Jirachi D: it says is in Meteor Falls but is nowhere to be found T^T just found Articuno

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
I have another idea to pitch if you don't mind.
Lets give neighbor kid 2 more battles. ((I restarted my game twice so forgive me if there are battles that i just haven't seen yet.))
One thing about the original emerald and probably it's only fault is how weak rival battles were, despite having two rivals in the game. I know the work you've done with wally and i salute it, but lets not forget may/brendon I say give them a few more battles. so much potential but after lilycove they fall into the shadows. At least one more battle in mossdeep would be interesting. An optional battle in pacifidlog would be wonderful as well. At least something to keep them remembered.

The gaps between the wally fights are a big too large as well but I'm not complaining

blue

gucci
Years
Lets give neighbor kid 2 more battles. ((I restarted my game twice so forgive me if there are battles that i just haven't seen yet.))
One thing about the original emerald and probably it's only fault is how weak rival battles were, despite having two rivals in the game. I know the work you've done with wally and i salute it, but lets not forget may/brendon I say give them a few more battles. so much potential but after lilycove they fall into the shadows. At least one more battle in mossdeep would be interesting. An optional battle in pacifidlog would be wonderful as well. At least something to keep them remembered.

The gaps between the wally fights are a big too large as well but I'm not complaining

That was my exact thought near the beginning of the project, the only problem back then was I didn't know much about scripting but since then I've discovered quite alot and I completely agree, there should have been more battles after Lilycove i.e at Victory Road, Battle Frontier etc. I'll have to do some testing but I'm also currently implementing the National Dex Script which allows you to get it at the beginning of the game rather than at the end. I've got the script for a rival battle but that's for Fire Red... I'm sure it shouldn't be much different, besides I'll figure it out and I'll post updates on how it's going.

The only problem I would have and this is probably why it's stopped me from doing it is the gender.. I wouldn't know how to assign the male rival to the female and vice versa, I know how to do one rival script but it would have to depend on your gender and that's something that I don't know how to do yet.

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
The only problem I would have and this is probably why it's stopped me from doing it is the gender.. I wouldn't know how to assign the male rival to the female and vice versa, I know how to do one rival script but it would have to depend on your gender and that's something that I don't know how to do yet.
I recommend searching for RaiRai-kun's XSE tutorial. It's on this site somewhere, also searchable by google. One of the features covered is "checkgender" which is a major part of the script you want. And the whole tutorial's amazing anyway.

That's also part of why the rival always walks up to the player instead of just standing in the way. Player steps on a tile>script checks the player's gender>script chooses the appropriate rival sprite offscreen.

EDIT. The tutorial is a little old, so it's possible that certain commands won't work on more recent versions of XSE. Checkgender should, though.

blue

gucci
Years
I recommend searching for RaiRai-kun's XSE tutorial. It's on this site somewhere, also searchable by google. One of the features covered is "checkgender" which is a major part of the script you want. And the whole tutorial's amazing anyway.

That's also part of why the rival always walks up to the player instead of just standing in the way. Player steps on a tile>script checks the player's gender>script chooses the appropriate rival sprite offscreen.

EDIT. The tutorial is a little old, so it's possible that certain commands won't work on more recent versions of XSE. Checkgender should, though.

Thanks, I'll try find something if not I'll try and get a script put together.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a problem/question. I don't seem to find Jirachi D: it says is in Meteor Falls but is nowhere to be found T^T just found Articuno
It's right where Steven is ;)
It's only as Pokéball, though.

Diegoisawesome's tutorial also has checkgender covered.

Wheath

Paul
Years
Hey Suicune (:
I really appreciate your hack. The idea of including all Pokémon is not new, of course, but you did a great job with it and I love how you gave these weak trainers more strength.
There's just one little thing that slightly bugs me - the high frequency of formerly rare Pokémon. Maybe you didn't know, but in the Wild Pokémon view of Advance Map, the Pokémon are sorted by rarity - the last being the rarest. I can't give you exact percentages, unfortunately. If you knew it, then I can't understand why you 'devalue' the formerly rare Pokémon Togepi by turning it into the most common Pokémon of Route 113. It's a great idea to make all the Pokémon catchable, but in my opinion, it would be better, if you wouldn't have changed their rarity. Of course, this is not a big problem, it was just something I noticed.
Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with everything. You did a great job with this hack. I'm glad you try to implent the National Pokédex, though. I didn't notice its lack yet, but now that I've read it, it'll be something I miss. I also agree on the risibly low amount of rival battles. If you manage to implent the gender-based rivals, this would really make a great addition to the game.
Regards
Paul (:

blue

gucci
Years
Hey Suicune (:
I really appreciate your hack. The idea of including all Pokémon is not new, of course, but you did a great job with it and I love how you gave these weak trainers more strength.
There's just one little thing that slightly bugs me - the high frequency of formerly rare Pokémon. Maybe you didn't know, but in the Wild Pokémon view of Advance Map, the Pokémon are sorted by rarity - the last being the rarest. I can't give you exact percentages, unfortunately. If you knew it, then I can't understand why you 'devalue' the formerly rare Pokémon Togepi by turning it into the most common Pokémon of Route 113. It's a great idea to make all the Pokémon catchable, but in my opinion, it would be better, if you wouldn't have changed their rarity. Of course, this is not a big problem, it was just something I noticed.
Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with everything. You did a great job with this hack. I'm glad you try to implent the National Pokédex, though. I didn't notice its lack yet, but now that I've read it, it'll be something I miss. I also agree on the risibly low amount of rival battles. If you manage to implent the gender-based rivals, this would really make a great addition to the game.
Regards
Paul (:

Thanks very much, I really appreciate your comment! Well I always thought that the twelve spaces in A-Map for Wild Pokémon (ascending downwards) had an increase in rarity but I was unsure, hence why I just thrown a bunch of them in but just to be on the safe side nine out of ten times I inserted the less common Pokémon towards the bottom and for the rare ones I'd insert only one of that compared to having two as you'll see for some routes with the pattern but with Togepi it must have just been a slight mistake and I didn't consider Togepi that much of a rare Pokémon but it's easily changable, and besides in some games you get given a gift Togepi so it's kind of balanced and it removes the frustration for those who seek and search for hours to find one but I can understand where your coming from, thanks for your feedback :]!

That how I saw it too, there's a 50 level difference between the first and second time you fight him so I could easily throw in a couple more battles between then just to make things more intresting!

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I had posted wild pokemon rarities here, but the length of the post annoyed me.

I'll PM it to you instead. :P

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Hey guys, i have a question.

speaking about rarities, i went to route 105 to get remoraid, but i spend almost an hour and nothing... the guide is showing the wrong place or is that rare? (1% like Ash493 said?)

Another question, is the pokemon u can get by fishing modified too?

And great ROM BTW, im at mossdeep city and had no problem, just found a small typo but no big deal ;)

blue

gucci
Years
Hey guys, i have a question.

speaking about rarities, i went to route 105 to get remoraid, but i spend almost an hour and nothing... the guide is showing the wrong place or is that rare? (1% like Ash493 said?)

Another question, is the pokemon u can get by fishing modified too?

And great ROM BTW, im at mossdeep city and had no problem, just found a small typo but no big deal ;)

I've just checked Advanced Map and Remoraid isn't in any of the Routes for some strange reason.. I could of sworn I put one in Route 105, maybe I changed it and forgot to move it to another Route but when I release the next beta it will be fixed and the rarity is 50% so odds are you'll get one first encounter!

The fishing spots aren't edited mainly because by the time I'd edited all the Grass & Water routes all 386 were avaliable through some method or way and I kind of got lazy towards the end, if people dislike this then it can easily be changed I mean... there's only so many fishing spots right?

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
ah, good to know! thanks !

in my opnion, editing all of the fishing spots is useless since no one will fish if they have surf... but maybe it can be useful to get some different water pokemons at beginning. (<-- tried to get krabby fishing on dewford lol)
but i think its not a major issue ^^

blue

gucci
Years
ah, good to know! thanks !

in my opnion, editing all of the fishing spots is useless since no one will fish if they have surf... but maybe it can be useful to get some different water pokemons at beginning. (<-- tried to get krabby fishing on dewford lol)
but i think its not a major issue ^^

That's actually a good idea, considering you get the old Rod near the beginning it's something I might change.

Beta 7.0 ; Quite a few changes for this one, the most important one is that you now (finally) receive the National Dex at the beginning of the game at Route 102 ~ For those who are already past this point you can just return and talk to the NPC (hard to miss) - Special thanks to bcrobert for providing me with the script. Secondly, I've tweaked and updated the Documents with some new content as you will see upon viewing. Next, I've changed some of the Pokémons secondary types you can find these in General Pokémon changes or at the Original Post. Some more move updates, and other edits to the game. So I would recommend downloading this release if you're looking to fill up you're Pokédex!

Tactical Changes:

Type Changes

Venomoth is now Poison/Flying types
Granbull is now Normal/Dark types
Blastoise is now Water/Fighting types
Charizard is now Fire/Dragon types
Meganium is now Grass/Poison types
Feraligatr is now Water/Dark types
Typhlosion is now Fire/Fighting types

Move Changes

Meganium now learns Slude Bomb at Level 40
Feraligatr now learns Crunch at Level 40