• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • hey, im playing beta 1.4, and gyarados isnt water dragon and hasnt had its atk flipped with its satk. is this fixed in later betas, and if yes, can someone please give me a zip file?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    playing with 1.4 and cant get the beldum from the girl supposed to give me the egg...when i try to talk her just happer a grey circle in the top right of the screen but she doesnt talk to me and surely no eggs!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    While this is a great hack, I'm kinda annoyed by the fact that all wild pokémons are so high leveled. It's not that I can't beat them, since I can. But I'm only at the 6th gym and wild pokémons are already level 50.

My problem is that it basically nullifies a lot of the progression you can have with some wild pokémon. I wanted to train a Ghastly into Haunter into Gengar. But by the time I'll actually get them they'll just evolve in only two levels without me having the possibility to choose my favorite moveset (well, that still can be fixed by some npc's, I agree).

Besides, having wild pokémon that are higher leveled than your own pokémon makes little sense. It also makes the game easier again because you can get so many experience points from just wild pokémon.

It's probably too late now to change that though, but I think it'd be more logical if wild pokémon were leveled at the rate like the original game in the wild, but you kept the hightened levels for the trainers, and especially the gyms.

Maybe that's just me though.

Other than that, I found it a great hack. Just sad that the lady with Beldum bugged out on me.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    I'm getting a serious error-- I just beat the Elite 4 & Champion (with a party of high level 80s/90s) and I can't proceed past the credits. The game has to restart once you're entered into the Hall of Fame, and once I get to the save selection screen, it tells me that my save file has been erased due to damage/corruption.

Naturally, this means that I can't do the Battle Frontier and all the other post-game things, which is quite frustrating. Is there anyway to just bypass the game restart and just go straight back to your house in Littleroot?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I'm getting a serious error-- I just beat the Elite 4 & Champion (with a party of high level 80s/90s) and I can't proceed past the credits. The game has to restart once you're entered into the Hall of Fame, and once I get to the save selection screen, it tells me that my save file has been erased due to damage/corruption.

Naturally, this means that I can't do the Battle Frontier and all the other post-game things, which is quite frustrating. Is there anyway to just bypass the game restart and just go straight back to your house in Littleroot?

You have to change the save type to Flash 128k and check "Real Time Clock" before you restart the game. Once you defeat the E4 again, you will be able to proceed.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    You have to change the save type to Flash 128k and check "Real Time Clock" before you restart the game. Once you defeat the E4 again, you will be able to proceed.

Is that the same for the no$gba emulator? I see a Flash 128k option in the GBA settings (currently set to Auto) but no "Real Time Clock" option to be found. Is it needed for that specific emulator? (I'm also not getting the "battery has ran dry" error, unlike VBA.)

And as an aside, I just want to say: great hack, much difficulty. But I want to report a bug in the Abandoned Ship first. In one of the rooms near the lower part of the ship (the one near the Ice Beam TM and the Dive spot) you have three rooms you can go down into. In each and every one of them, wild ??????? pokémon will appear. They are level 0, give 1 XP and are Normal-type. My game doesn't appear to have bugged out from it, but it seems leftover Pokémon data still resides in these three rooms only.

EDIT: I am using the Beta 1.4.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    So is Roserade not in the game anymore? I switched my Sceptile out for Roselia, but now im sad, i was looking for to evolving her.

Going to keep her in the team though, i can't pass up the Ingrain, Leftovers and Giga Drain Combo. Really helps with the level curve.

If you have the space, you should throw Rade back in.

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
    Years
  • So is Roserade not in the game anymore? I switched my Sceptile out for Roselia, but now im sad, i was looking for to evolving her.

Going to keep her in the team though, i can't pass up the Ingrain, Leftovers and Giga Drain Combo. Really helps with the level curve.

If you have the space, you should throw Rade back in.
    Roserade is a 4th Gen Evo. there's no 4th Gen in this hack

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Is that the same for the no$gba emulator? I see a Flash 128k option in the GBA settings (currently set to Auto) but no "Real Time Clock" option to be found. Is it needed for that specific emulator? (I'm also not getting the "battery has ran dry" error, unlike VBA.)

And as an aside, I just want to say: great hack, much difficulty. But I want to report a bug in the Abandoned Ship first. In one of the rooms near the lower part of the ship (the one near the Ice Beam TM and the Dive spot) you have three rooms you can go down into. In each and every one of them, wild ??????? pokémon will appear. They are level 0, give 1 XP and are Normal-type. My game doesn't appear to have bugged out from it, but it seems leftover Pokémon data still resides in these three rooms only.

EDIT: I am using the Beta 1.4.

I don't actually run gba games on NO$GBA, so I don't know what to tell you. I have run into them wild pokemon on the abandoned ship too. If you want to continue your save file, then I would suggest using VBA if you have it. If you don't have it, you can download it from the VBA website.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2014
    so the lady with the beldum egg... is that the only way to get beldum or does Steven still leave you one after the E4? cause she bugged on me

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Finally got around to fixing all of the reported bugs, nothing too major but there were quite a few which is why a new release was needed. Not only that, but I have finally figured out how to change the levels of Steven's Pokémon in the Double Battle at Mossdeep City. Now when you battle with him, his levels will be much more balanced. Check out the first page to download the latest Beta which is Version 1.41, I'll list the changes below.

• Increased the levels of Steven's Pokémon during the Double Battle
    • You can now receive the Beldum Egg from the Lady outside Fiery Path; glitch fixed
    • You can now battle the Winstrate Family as normal
    • Blaziken no longer learns Fire Punch, Combusken will learn this move instead
    • Fixed the Elemental Stones in Lavaridge Town
    • Unown can now be caught at Mt. Pyre Summit
    • Fixed the glitch that caused Squirtle to disappear when approacing
    • Bagon can now be caught at Route 111 and Meteor Falls
    • Arbok is now Dark/Poison with an increased HP Stat
    • Fixed any trainers that had Pokémon or move glitches
    • Increased the levels of the trainers in the Desert
    • The IV Checker man can now be found outside the Pokémon Center in Lilycove City
    • Updated some of the documents to be a little more detailed

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can anyone help me?
    I use Pokemon Expert Emerald and Moemon Emerald Patch:Link
    It's work fine(I think) but there's problem.
    When i start playing it, i have a big problem i don't know if is because of Moemon patch or this patch.
    -No wild pokemon appear in route 101! I can't catch[FONT=&quot] Z[/FONT][FONT=&quot]igzagoon and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Poochyena...
    - When i battle the first bug catcher trainer([/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]route 102), when he throw his first pokemon[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Caterpie), the game will freeze or crash and reset the game.

I already test each [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pokemon Expert Emerald[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] patch[/FONT] and Moemon Emerald patch and is work fine.
    But when i do both inserting patch, so buggy...

Please someone help meeeee!
    I don't wanna play other Pokemon hack emerald like "Moemon Etenal" or whatever.
    This [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Expert Emerald patch is good for me.

I just want is to play
    [/FONT]"Moemon Expert Emerald"...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hey there. Great hack. Honestly, the best I have ever played.

I am currently in the process of attempting to 100% this game. I was playing 1.3 but after updating to 1.41, I am finding the game to exceed itself further.
    However. You CANNOT find Unown. It's not there. Unless Advance Map deceives me, it is no where in Sky Pillar. Now I may be wrong, so apologies if I am, but I cannot complete my pokedex until I catch Unown, so as you can imagine this is highly frustrating.
    I was also having troubles finding Pikachu in New Mauville. While I could find Raichu easily, Pikachu was not there. However this isn't a big issue as I could evolve Pichu, it just doesn't match the document included with the latest version. This, however, was in version 1.3 and may be fixed.
    Besides that, I'm hoping to 100% battle frontier after the pokedex is complete, then the Pokemon Contests.

Keep up the good work.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hey there. Great hack. Honestly, the best I have ever played.

I am currently in the process of attempting to 100% this game. I was playing 1.3 but after updating to 1.41, I am finding the game to exceed itself further.
    However. You CANNOT find Unown. It's not there. Unless Advance Map deceives me, it is no where in Sky Pillar. Now I may be wrong, so apologies if I am, but I cannot complete my pokedex until I catch Unown, so as you can imagine this is highly frustrating.
    I was also having troubles finding Pikachu in New Mauville. While I could find Raichu easily, Pikachu was not there. However this isn't a big issue as I could evolve Pichu, it just doesn't match the document included with the latest version. This, however, was in version 1.3 and may be fixed.
    Besides that, I'm hoping to 100% battle frontier after the pokedex is complete, then the Pokemon Contests.

Keep up the good work.

Ah! Thank you for pointing that one out. I checked the locations of those two, turns out Unown wasn't anywhere to be found, Pikachu can be found at New Mauville though. Anyway I've corrected that mistake and re-uploaded the patch and documents to include the location of Unown.

Years
  • Anyone? No chance to "Moemon Expert Emerald"? :(
    If only I know how to edit and change all pokemon sprite/graphic to Moemon, any advice would be fine too.
    Sorry, i'm newbie in here and don't know what i'm gonna have to said it...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Ah! Thank you for pointing that one out. I checked the locations of those two, turns out Unown wasn't anywhere to be found, Pikachu can be found at New Mauville though. Anyway I've corrected that mistake and re-uploaded the patch and documents to include the location of Unown.

No worries. I also saw Pikachu in the data, but it was along with Flaaffy's and other Pokemon that were found in the old New Mauville before it was editted, but I will check again.

Exploud is found on Route 115 instead of Loudred as it says in the Wild Pokemon Locations document, at level 30 (it doesn't evolve until level 40). You may want to change this.

Is there any chance you could move the berry master and the heart scale seller up or down a spot? They're quite in the way of the bike run for hatching eggs, which isn't a big deal on a sped up emulator, but if it's an easy fix it may be something to consider.

Last edited:

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I love this hack! I love the simplicity of it, it's identical to Emerald, which is a great feeling as I still know the ins and outs of everything. But it's an actual challenge and a million more times fun to play!

Back