• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Figure Game RPG (real life)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • does anyone ever miss the pokemon tfg, or at least the concept. well, i've decided to make a pokemon figure game myself. you see, the figure (as of now) is associated with a card. as you win battles, you recieve new cards to attach to the figure. that's leveling up. there's no evolution because the figure in this is sort of like a pokemon you recieve from professor rowan in a ds game or something. i did however tweak pokemon to make them stronger and more equal (e.g. pikachu has a chance against groudon O_o). i need to create engines/systems for different aspects of the game, most notably the security (such as making sure no one cheats and makes mulitple cards), and online purposes. maybe YOU can help. i need ideas and programmers in particular. i cant give you an image of a card unless you ask for a pm of it due to this being only my 12th post :(. if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it. thanks!
    -ps9

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • As great ideas, as I think this is, you probably won't succeed.
    Nintendo has a fairly good view on fan-games, as they don't compete with their sales, but simply widen the fan-base.
    Making a Free Real-life-figure-game, involving cards, could be seen as competion with the TCG, and Nintendo would therefore hunt you down faster than you can say "Satoru Iwata".

If you really want to create somthing like this, I would recommend you to step away from the Pokemon-franchise, and make your game, inspired BY, instead of ABOUT Pokemon, by for example, using custom monsters, and power-up items for the cards.

Years
  • thanks for the advice. this was originally going to be between my sister and i, but then i told my friends. they got interested. then i decided to post this. as much as i think this is great advice, i'm going to give it a shot. if i absolutely have to, i will attempt to-well, uh-actually get permission from nintendo. i know it sounds very "oh i can do anything," but i'll do research and see if i can do it. even if it costs money. :D

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • I loved the Pokemon TFG. It's sad that they discontinued it ;(. They made such great figures like the video game characters. I would like a game with it like "Pokemon Next Quest Riptide & Flamethrower" & "Pokemon Groundbreakers Skydive & Whirlwind". It would have the Pokemon from those expansions & version exclusives (Ex: Latios in Skydive, Latias in Whirlwind etc)

Years
  • hey guys.....i wish i could help but it seems out of my league....BTW what tIme suggested is pretty serious and if you are thinking of asking nintendo for permission i'd say do it.....or it could get you into serious trouble......best of luck though.....

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for that phineusbright247 but you have revived a thread over 2 months old. And that is against the rules. And so I am going to be closing this one. Be sure to check the last post date before posting in future.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back