• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon figure questions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Hello I'm not entirely sure this is the correct spot so I appoligie now if it's not..

Now I'm wanting to make a diorama of a custom made trainer (me) and all my favorite Pokemon standing near me like in pics of ash and all his Pokemon he has caught. Now my problem is I'd like to have the figures somewhat to scale meaning if I bought the "snivy" figure that's available from any retail store he's pretty big compared to let's say a "charizard" figure. They would be roughly the same size and well snivy just is not the same size as charizard. So my question is what figures do you recommend that I get to make these sorta to scale?

The Pokemon figures I'd like are

Sealeo
    Crawdaunt
    Metagross
    Beartic
    Charizard
    Arcanine
    Swellow
    Herecross
    Vaporeon
    Noctowl
    Sceptile
    Sawk
    Sandslash
    Zebstrika
    Buizel
    Mightyena
    Excadrill
    Staraptor
    Vigoroth
    Torkoal
    Swampert
    Lapras
    Donphan
    Salamence
    Absol
    Sawsbuck (winter)
    Pikachu
    Houndour
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Snivy
    Cyndaquil
    Tepig
    Bulbasaur
    Dewott

Those are the Pokemon figures I'd like to get but I'd like to get them sorta scaled to each other :). So if you have ideas please share! Thanks!

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Get Zukan figurines. Pokemon Zukan figurines are exactly 1/40th the scale of the size that the Pokemon are in the pokedex.
    Pokemon figure questions.

Some are pretty expensive but if you look around enough on ebay you can find some that are a reasonable price.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I've actually considered these. But I was curious first are they scaled to each other? As I would like charizard and sceptile be scaled to the sizes they are compared to each other in the pokedex or anime? Sorry I'm trying to word that correctly lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    So another question. Since I'm wanting to do a diorama. I need a human figure to scale with these. I wanna make a trainer to add with all the figures :).

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Well there, are one or two zukan Pokemon trainers but I assume you want one to look like you so I would recommend using a modelling clay to make a person that looks at you. Probably a polymer clay is the one you want unless you don't want it to harden then your better off with an oil-based clay.
    There is also the option of making it out of wood, glass or some other material but those can be quite time consuming. You might also be able to find someone who will make one for you but that can be quite expensive so it's best to make one your self.

On the off chance you really don't want to make one from from scratch or get someone else to make it you can always find a doll that it the appropriate size then modify it to look like you.

Back