• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fire Red 386 Help please

chris burton

Super Nerd
    Years
    Hello. First of all Im a total newbie here, so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, and my apologies if a thread like this already exists, its just a little tedious searching through endless threads to find what I want. Secondly, this might seem like a bit of an inane question but its frustrating me and you guys seem like the experts, so...

I recently downloaded the Fire Red 386 hack for Pokemon Fire Red (I own all of the original games so its pseudo-ok), and am really enojying it, the only problem is I cannot find a decent list anywhere online chroniciling where all the pokemon are in the hack, I have one for the Pokemon Emerald 386 hack but all searches for a FR 386 one has been futile. If anyone could help me here, or point me in the direction of a link/thread feautrnig it, I'd be very grateful

Secondly, I started with Bulbasaur, and caught a Charmander and want a Squirtle, however I searched for over an hour and half on Route 4, in the patch of grass just left of Cerulean after coming through mount moon where Squirtle can supposedly be caught and came to no luck. If no one is able to help me with the above quandry could you instead help me with this at least please, do you need to surf or fish in the above stretch water, or he just very rare?

Thank you very much in advance for hopefully being able to answer my somewhat protracted questions!

Chris

Pac

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    I guess you could just open the ROM in AdvanceMap and check the wild data for each route/city.

Other than that, I have no answer to your question as I've never played this hack (I prefer to use the original games to catch them all legitimately).

chris burton

Super Nerd
    Years
    Wow, thank you so much for that advice.

I didn't even know what 'Advance Map' was, now I'm editing Pokemon and checking locations of certain beasts like a pro, heh!

To some degree I prefer to play the Pokemon games legitimately, but as my trading capabilites are limited on a rom, and I've already 'caught them all' so many times before, painstakingly and laboriously, to just kick back with a Rom that would do most of the nitty gritty for me seemed like a good time.

Anyway, thank you very much again for your help. Although messing around with Advance Map has eaten up a week of my holiday time, I consider it time well spent!

Back