• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    okay for the first part as long as the data isnt clashing with other stuff then it wont break the rom and can u rephrase the second question please? and also its possible to expand storage boxes but takes too much ram and also the last two lines you wrote arent actually bugs they were just mistakes on my part ill fix them right now

edit: 5/16/16 UPDATE

version 2.5 beta of my patch has just came out and also please read the OP for the latest information and bug fixes

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    I found.. Some what of a bug.

If you do edit the rom where You can evolve the pokemon without the national dex (Lets take the ralts family for example)

Ralts Can go all the way to gardenvior No problem, But if I add a evolution to gallade, It doesn't work.

A bit confusing but this is what I mean

Ralts--> Kirlia--> Gardenvoir works. But,

Ralts--> Kirlia--> Gallade Doesn't, only works if you have the national dex

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    what version of the base are you using it seems to work for me and i dont have the national dex?

and also does anyone know how to expand the number of evolutions in fire red? if someone knows how can they teach me i want to get in all the evolutions for all the mons

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Mega evolution method are same like " gold teeth " ?

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • what version of the base are you using it seems to work for me and i dont have the national dex?

and also does anyone know how to expand the number of evolutions in fire red? if someone knows how can they teach me i want to get in all the evolutions for all the mons

Hi pokefreak890! Regarding your evolution number problem, I have a solution =). Since its probably EEVEE your having troubles with, I'll make him my example =).

1. Open up G3HS, and load your rom...
    2. Select EEVEE...
    3. Click on the EVOLUTIONS TAB...
    4. On the right side, click on CHANGE NUMBER OF EVOLUTIONS PER MON...

A dropdown shall appear and click on the number of possible evolutions you want, in this case for Eevee, we shall select 8...After selecting the number 8, click on SEARCH, just below it. Then a couple of offsets shall appear, just click on any and click SUBMIT. Now you have 8 evolutions for EEVEE!!!

So, that's how we/I fix problems like this. =)
    Hope this helps...=)

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • And a question, does the mega evolution feature REALLY works as in like the real deal? Because I see no mega evolution in G3HS ini you provided...

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    I'm using 2.1,I had a tool to edit where you could evolve pokemon without the national dex, and then I used a code to give the national dex,

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    That's the number of evolutions I don't have a problem with that I have a problem with the actual evolution methods the ones on this thread
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329357
    If anyone knows how to get it to work just like on this thread can u please teach me this problem is being such a pain and I get stuck doing it or nothing happens so please help

As for Pandirocks yeah it works for real you don't need G3HS INI to have mega evolution I did the mega evolutions in G3T so you don't need a INI for G3HS to get it to work and you use the mega bracelet to mega evolve and not gold teeth

As for spikejokteon try to use the 2.5 version of the base and see what happens

Last edited:

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
  • That's the number of evolutions I don't have a problem with that I have a problem with the actual evolution methods the ones on this thread
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329357
    If anyone knows how to get it to work just like on this thread can u please teach me this problem is being such a pain and I get stuck doing it or nothing happens so please help

As for Pandirocks yeah it works for real you don't need G3HS INI to have mega evolution I did the mega evolutions in G3T so you don't need a INI for G3HS to get it to work and you use the mega bracelet to mega evolve and not gold teeth

As for spikejokteon try to use the 2.5 version of the base and see what happens

Hey, its me again. I THINK I h
    ave the correct solution. I have like 5% knowledge on HEX. When you go to this offset, 0x42FAA, you'll land on the first byte, which is 0E. Change that to the new number of your evolutions in hex...

The reason why I think this is right is that because there are 14 evolution types in a clean FireRed rom, and 0E exactly translates to 14 in dec. Hope its correct and the right solution. Just try it though. =)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    UPDATE 5/27/16

Okay so I was just going through some things in my base and I found out that scolipede,cottonee,whimsicott and petillil sprites were glitched so I fixed them and will update the base later just trying to add some things and working on my hack on the moment

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Don't know but either way I fixed them so no need to worry about that

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Alright guys here's an update or something for you guys to expect for tommorow I will make the opponent have the ability to access mega evolution as well so stay tuned

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • OH SNAP!!! That would be a totally good idea! This could allow like mini bosses or major antagonists battles... hmm

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
    Years
  • Man ... This is just Amazing... I love mega evolution
    How about the mega evolution particles, does v2.5 has this?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    It has the standard particles and also in going to start on the AI mega evolution really soon

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Alright guys here's an update or something for you guys to expect for tommorow I will make the opponent have the ability to access mega evolution as well so stay tuned

WOW! Will it also be available in multiplayer battles?

Back