• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fire red starter script

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Hi i need help with the pokemon fire red starter script i want it to do the same as normal, i just want to add more starters to the game as im adding more pokemon to the game. if someone could help that would be great :) cheers

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    That'd be easy but fairly time consuming with the current setup for choosing your starter. You'd have to add new movement scripts and dialogue for each different possible starter Gary could counterpick your starter with, then code for him walking to challenge you when you try to leave from the building. You'd also obviously have to edit all your future battles with Gary where he has a different starter Pokemon.

Just look up some basic scripting tutorials, it's all pretty basic stuff, it's just a matter of redoing the original method.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    That'd be easy but fairly time consuming with the current setup for choosing your starter. You'd have to add new movement scripts and dialogue for each different possible starter Gary could counterpick your starter with, then code for him walking to challenge you when you try to leave from the building. You'd also obviously have to edit all your future battles with Gary where he has a different starter Pokemon.

Just look up some basic scripting tutorials, it's all pretty basic stuff, it's just a matter of redoing the original method.

Ok thanks :) , What would you suggest instead? As an alternative

Back