• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon FireRed & Pokemon LeafGreen were remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
  • I know it's a bit early to be posting this up but anyways: In Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire there were some hints to the remakes of Pokemon Red & Blue versions which are listed here:
    1. The guy in Liliycove City says that he's from Kanto.
    2. There is a Red & Blue Pokeball in the middle of Pokemon centers.
    3. Both Games have the first & third gym leaders use Rock & Electric typed Pokemon.
    4. Pokemon Red & Blue Versions are incompatible with the GBA games.
    5. The Hoenn Elite four uses similar types as the Kanto Elite four.
    6. The music sounds similar to the Kanto music.
    7. By hacking you can get the ultimate moves (Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant) which are exclusive to FireRed & LeafGreen.
    8. The GameFreak people say that they will make a new game.

Ruby & Sapphire B/W remakes hints:
    (Coming Soon)

And now here are some remake hints for Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen!:
    1. The Kanto Champion battle theme can be unlocked in the game by hacking.
    2. Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen are incompatible with the new Dsi & 3DS systems.
    3. The Kanto Region games were made after the Hoenn games so it's possible that it will be remade & come after the Ruby & Sapphire remakes.

If you come across any more speculations towards remakes for FireRed & Leafgreen in Pokémon Black & White, please let me know VIA PM/VM or post, thanks.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Kanto was included in HGSS two years ago. Kanto has also been in the past four generations one way or another.
    If anything, Kanto needs to take a break for at least one or two generations and only R/S remakes should be remade.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This thread is hilarious. Why would they remake a remake? Especially when hardly any fans are asking for it.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Kanto was included in HGSS two years ago. Kanto has also been in the past four generations one way or another.
    If anything, Kanto needs to take a break for at least one or two generations and only R/S remakes should be remade.

Agreed. Kanto is covered way, way too much. Give another region a chance - preferably Hoenn.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Agree with the above comments. It's not that I got anything against Kanto, it's one of my favourite regions, but Hoenn needs more love atm.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • As much as I'd rather play Kanto than Hoenn, and as much as I'd love to see my beloved Leaf on current hardware, I just don't think a remake of a remake would be feasible at this point in time. It wouldn't make any sense to make them because FR/LG aren't that old yet, and they came after R/S anyway.

Plus I don't want to see Kanto bogged down by the flaws inherent in 5th gen like the stupid reworked experience system. Save that for a Hoenn remake which I have no intention of buying anyway. Let 6th gen work out those problems first.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't see why it matters if they are compatible or not. Most Kanto pokemon if not all you can obtain in the series of DS Generation games. So I don't see how incompatibility is an issue.

If they want to water down the original Kanto adventure then yeah I am sure they would opt to make a remake of a remake. What would making another remake add to the already additions to the remake like Sevii Islands.

If I want to experience Kanto again I would prefer they remake Yellow instead.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • This thread is hilarious. Why would they remake a remake? Especially when hardly any fans are asking for it.
    That's true. It's gonna be a while before they remake the first gen games again (that is, if they EVER do).
    Yeah, because that's what Game Freak wants to do, remake a remake...
    Game Freak wants to make money. Remaking a remake doesn't make money. Get it yet?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Several reasons this probably won't happen. Fans haven't asked for it, and I'm pretty sure if they announced remakes of this and not R/S then there's be chaos. Stated before, no one wants a remake of a remake. IMO FR/LG was our last proper visit to Kanto. Heartgold and Soulsilver just included it as a side story. Kanto has had enough appearances, to Hoenn or Sinnoh that's only had 1. I mentioned Sinnoh cause mentioning only 1 place would be silly omg please shut up. ;;

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's much more likely they will remake Hoenn considering Kanto has just been in a recent game released in 2009/2010 (HGSS)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Even though Kanto has been remade 4 times already and it's my favorite region, i'm am sorta sick of them remaking it. I hope they just leave it alone for like 15 more years or something! I still picked yes I would buy it because even though, it's still a new game and I always love having a fresh start on any game with fresh Pokemon.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Even though Kanto has been remade 4 times already and it's my favorite region, i'm am sorta sick of them remaking it. I hope they just leave it alone for like 15 more years or something! I still picked yes I would buy it because even though, it's still a new game and I always love having a fresh start on any game with fresh Pokemon.

15 years... what? I doubt Pokemon would even be around for that much longer lmao. Also it wouldn't be fresh with fresh new Pokemon since the Pokemon are old (the oldest) and that the region itself has been remade 4 times. Fresh graphics maybe, but the other two, I don't think so. \:

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • It's much more likely they will remake Hoenn considering Kanto has just been in a recent game released in 2009/2010 (HGSS)
    I'm 100% positive that there will be Ruby & Sapphire remakes & possibly (not really 100% sure) they might remake Kanto.

As much as I'd rather play Kanto than Hoenn, and as much as I'd love to see my beloved Leaf on current hardware, I just don't think a remake of a remake would be feasible at this point in time. It wouldn't make any sense to make them because FR/LG aren't that old yet, and they came after R/S anyway.

Plus I don't want to see Kanto bogged down by the flaws inherent in 5th gen like the stupid reworked experience system. Save that for a Hoenn remake which I have no intention of buying anyway. Let 6th gen work out those problems first.

Well according to what i see is going to happen the Ruby & Sapphire remakes will probably release around 2013 or 2014. Then if the FireRed & LeafGreen remakes do get created it will probably be some time around 2015, 2016, 2017 so by then the original FireRed & LeafGreen versions will be relics. It would make sense since the HeartGold & SoulSilver games wold be outdated.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Why does it matter if they are relics? I don't see anything wrong with old games, I'd much rather play Super Mario World then say Super Mario Galaxy. I think around the time you suggested a creation of these remakes or remakes they will be too invested on Gen VI development to worry about those games.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
  • I wouldn't buy it for the sole reason that I can currently play any of my games on my computer with current graphics(I fixed the renders on VBA so that all my GBA games look exactly like the would on the GBA, except...better lol.). Also I really want a R/S/E remake, preferably an Emerald remake, it was my fav out of the Hoenn games. And I agree completely the above posters, Hoenn and Sinnoh need some love to lol.

Why does it matter if they are relics? I don't see anything wrong with old games, I'd much rather play Super Mario World then say Super Mario Galaxy. I think around the time you suggested a creation of these remakes or remakes they will be too invested on Gen VI development to worry about those games.

If they completely forget about the Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn regions I will be pissed, even though I'm 18 right now I still play pokemon because it's nostalgic for me, the long hours of devotion to beating and completing the games was one of the greatest in my life lol. But seriously, I will always wait for remakes of R/S/E due to the fact that they are the only games after the GB and GBC games that really clicked as being genuine Pokemon games to me, the other Generations are just about money and not actual gameplay itself.

D/P/PT always felt rushed to me, and so far as I've seen in B/W(my emulator is pissing me off right now), it's basically the same old thing as the previous gen.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • No. Just...no. I agree with the general consensus of this thread: Kanto has been played twice to death. I got a thrill out of being able to go there again in G/S/C, simply because I wasn't expecting such a large after-game gift to players. FireRed and LeafGreen, although holding a lot of the Gen III charm, only made me want to play the originals more. HG/SS fixed the briefness of the Kanto aftergame and made me feel that the region's coverage was complete. Any more of the first region will make me cringe. NO MORE KANTO!

Hoenn, although not my favorite region, has only ever been touched on once. Seeing as Ruby and Sapphire are reaching their 10th anniversary, I find it unfortunate that there's not many signs of it being remade for the current, DS state of Pokémon. It's the only handheld region that doesn't appear on current hardware, and memories of it can only last for so long. Heck, outside of events its impossible to get the Regis on current games! I definitely think that a remake and great reimagination of the third region would be a nice little boost this franchise needs.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Why does it matter if they are relics? I don't see anything wrong with old games, I'd much rather play Super Mario World then say Super Mario Galaxy. I think around the time you suggested a creation of these remakes or remakes they will be too invested on Gen VI development to worry about those games.
    Well if their relics they will be really hard to get a hold of. And if someone still has one of those games still then the eternal battery will probably be dried out. So the conclusion here is that by the time the Ruby & Sapphire remakes come out, it would be a good idea to reintroduce Kanto again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back