• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon FireRed & Pokemon LeafGreen were remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • They could always add them to eShop if that is really an issue. But I have seemed to have no problem finding them at used game stories or even Gamestop.

Why would we need a reason to reintroduce Kanto when we already had a watered down Kanto in HGSS?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Well if their relics they will be really hard to get a hold of. And if someone still has one of those games still then the eternal battery will probably be dried out. So the conclusion here is that by the time the Ruby & Sapphire remakes come out, it would be a good idea to reintroduce Kanto again.
    FRLG do not use those batteries though and you can still find FRLG at local game stores like Gamestop or EB Games used.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • FRLG do not use those batteries though and you can still find FRLG at local game stores like Gamestop or EB Games used.
    Actually you are incorrect there. Gamestop & EB Games have stopped carrying/trading in used GBA games & right now out of every Gamestop i've seen now, the only Pokemon GBA games they have are mystery dungeon Red Rescue Team, Pokemon Pinball (Ruby & Sapphire), & sometimes one leftover Ruby version. I belive it does have a "1M Circuit Board" which is sort of like the battery I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I don't think they can make a remake of a remake, however there's a possibility that they will add the sevii islands in the remake of R/S,
    since they introduced kanto in the past generations.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Actually you are incorrect there. Gamestop & EB Games have stopped carrying/trading in used GBA games & right now out of every Gamestop i've seen now, the only Pokemon GBA games they have are mystery dungeon Red Rescue Team, Pokemon Pinball (Ruby & Sapphire), & sometimes one leftover Ruby version. I belive it does have a "1M Circuit Board" which is sort of like the battery I think.

So you say im wrong just because none of your game stores have frlg or rse. Well mine still have them so im actually correct. Also frlg do not use time like rse so there is actually no use of the battery. Plus we never see people complaining about their frlg games with dead batteries.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • So you say im wrong just because none of your game stores have frlg or rse. Well mine still have them so im actually correct. Also frlg do not use time like rse so there is actually no use of the battery. Plus we never see people complaining about their frlg games with dead batteries.
    Well if you live where I live your incorrect so let's just say we are both right & wrong at the same time. As for the batteries everything has their limits so FireRed & LeafGreen do have their limits for play time i'd imagine.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Well if you live where I live your incorrect so let's just say we are both right & wrong at the same time. As for the batteries everything has their limits so FireRed & LeafGreen do have their limits for play time i'd imagine.
    FRLG do not have time events though which is the main cause of batteries dying. RSE however do have dying battery problems which is actually a reason why they need to be remade. One reason i would say FRLG needs to be remade is outdated graphics but HGSS fixed that. I'm sorry but they are not needed.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    The only way I probably would agree is if they combine both RS remakes with Kanto, as in the original Gen I storyline(very unlikely). Other than that, I wouldn't see a need to remake FRLG by themselves.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Not that I'm hatin on Kanto, but It's time for remakes is OVER It was in with the Jhoto Region in SS/HG so Gamefreak isn't going to be making a remake any time soon, and if my predictions are correct if another remake is to be made after the Remade R/S it's going to be a remake of D/P/Pt because, if they continue the remake cycle ( -2 from each region number, that region will get a remake ( ex. Gen 3 = Gen 1 Remake, Gen 4 = Gen 2 Remake, Gen 5 = Gen 3 Remake and so on ) )

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    Agreed. Kanto is covered way, way too much. Give another region a chance - preferably Hoenn.

Can't agree more. Can't understand why Pokemon fans don't like Hoenn as much. I haven't played Sinnoh yet, but from reading the plot lines from every game, I feel Hoenn had the best story-lines. The conflict between Groudon and Kyogre was great, even in the Mangas! Hoenn definately deserves a remake!!!

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • I think they would remake Hoenn
    if they remade Firered and Leafgreen I think it would disrupt a pattern; ie. they like to remake games two generations previous to the current one.
    So generation 3 aka hoenn would be a possibility instead of firered/leafgreen.
    Besides, what would they name the remakes? lol.
    I don't like Hoenn that much (only mightyena
    ).
    If they did make it though yeah I would buy it. I'd probably buy firered sense I got leafgreen the last time I played a Kanto game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    AquaticWartortle isn't alone on this. I would really look forward to another return to Kanto. FireRed and LeafGreen, being the first remakes, were the worst remakes. No day and night feature (therefore no time). No new Pokemon whatsoever in the game until after defeating the Elite Four (Chansey and Golbat don't evolve even upon maximizing their happiness, at least HeartGold and SoulSilver included evolutions of such Pokemon as Aipom and Piloswine in the regional Pokedex and allowed outside trading without the need to two dumb gems). No breeding until after defeating Blue. Other than new moves and different type physics, it was basically playing the same game just in more vivid color, with Pokemon that have genders and natures, and without all the legendary glitches. And being able to visit Kanto again in HeartGold and SoulSilver isn't giving the full respect the great region deserves (though this time around they didn't hash up Viridian Forest and cave-in Cerulean Cave to save memory space). HeartGold and SoulSilver were great- everything we want with a remake and now Game Freak has to meet those standards every time with every new main series Pokemon game. But as great and wonderful as those games were, it is very silly to say that they replace Red and Green/Blue (I know nobody is actually saying that). Red and Green/Blue was the guinea pig of the franchise that introduced the world to Pokemon. There simply is no replacement for Red and Green. Many of the first fans envisioned themselves in red hats, short-sleeved jackets, and blue jeans when they began playing the game. They imagined themselves journeying alongside their best friend, whether it be a Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or in many cases Pikachu by default. Everything- every species, every city, every gym, was entirely new. And after shoving their amazing Pokemon team into the rival's face, they felt like the Champion that stands on the highest mountain (actually wouldn't you think Mt. Coronet would be higher). Johto's a lot different. The starters aren't all cool reptillians and much of the architecture is akin to feudal Japan. Sure, Kanto may be revisited, but the experience cannot be relived when all of your Pokemon are levels 50 through 60 while the Kanto wild are at level 6 and 11. Koga and Giovanni are no longer gym leaders. Lavender Town and Cinnabar Island are drastically different. A remake doesn't just give the opportunity to re-live the experience again, but expand and advance much like the games have over the generations. There's a whole new can of Wurmple to be open. The Sevii Islands were as boring as surfing. Aside from a handful of Johto-native Pokemon, the islands weren't much of an attraction. Because of the new revelations presented in HeartGold and SoulSilver of Giovanni being the estranged father of the rival, the plot can be enriched even more than Black and Whites' and can create all new sorts of adventure and conflit with Team Rocket.

If Kanto were to be remade again (this is almost inevitable), I don't necessarily think that it would be a remake of FireRed and LeafGreen. While I'm not going to place money down on this, Kanto could instead return in a remake of Blue or Yellow. Nintendo already owns the rights to Pokemon WaterBlue and a remake of Yellow would be greatly different from FireRed and LeafGreen. Nintendo owns the copyrights, so why not we have a WaterBlue and ThunderYellow before SummerFireRed and SpringLeafGreen?

A remake of a game that already features the region already featured in a remade game doesn't necessarily have to be released this generation. In the case of Kanto re-features, there isn't an established pattern (or even the concept) of having it being remade in every odd-numbered generation. While I do really want and think it is a good possibility that there will be another Kanto remake, it probably won't be released until very late in the generation (and I mean later than HeartGold and SoulSilver was to Black and White) or it may even wait for the generation six to roll around. It is also notable that adding one or two more main series games in a generation will actually help bay Pokemon players and can make the wait for the next generation seem short while actually extending the deadline for the next generation. Though many people will deny this, but Black and White actually were not what Game Freak wanted. There was originally supposed to be much more new advancements to the series, but due to how drawn-out Sinnoh arc was in the anime, a quick drastic change of pace was called for (thanks, Piplup).

Game Freak purposely made Black and White parallel Red and Green in the concept that the player starts out in an unknown world filled of unfamiliar creatures. And considering the many foreshadowed moments in Red and Blue to Black and White, namely the Picknicker who wants a Pokemon that matches the description of Munna, it almost seems very hard to say "no" to a remake after this. I'm sure fans, just like I, are going crazy and want to show that Picknicker a Munna to see how she'll react.

This thread is hilarious. Why would they remake a remake? Especially when hardly any fans are asking for it.

No one asked for a remake of Red and Green as far as I know. I certainly didn't buy a copy until I knew there was more to the game than the original.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I find it funny at the immediate dismissal of "FR/LG needing to be remade because they are no longer compatible with the current games" when the major reason for R/S/E remakes is EXACTLY that reason.

I didn't like Hoen so I'd rather Red/Green remakes again with current standards, though I'm still expecting all five to appear in the eShop.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Yes I'd buy it, but I don't think there will be a remake of FR/LG :pink_smile:
    RBY, GSC, FR/LG, HG/SS ... Don't you believe that we already have a lot of game with Kanto?
    And it would be a little strange if they made a remake of a remake. Moreover, they remade Kanto region in HG/SS.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Kanto is one of the best regions, and I'd love to see it again simply because of that. Not for a second do I think it's going to happen in the next few years, but I would buy it. I would buy it without a doubt, and I would love it. It's not going to happen, but if it did, yes, I'd buy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    I voted yes because their was no Yes with one exception choice lol. But really i would do so only if the game included the ability to travel to another region in the game and it included a wide variety of Pokemon from different generations. That was the one thing i didn't like about the GBA versions was the lack of Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire and Gold/Silver without trading. Im sure quite a few people would go for those titles being remade one more time, it would need to wait a few more years though imo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    Kanto has been in 4 games. I don't see a reason why FR/LG would be remade because some people, including me, are happy with the Kanto in HG/SS.

you have a point there, but yellow would need a remake, and with yellow may come a remake of both firered and leafgreen. and maybe with remakes of sapphire, ruby, and emerald

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Please do not revive threads that have been dead for over two years, it's against the rules D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back