• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fishing

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
  • Firstly what engine am i using
    I have programed my own custom pokemon engine that i call DetinationPC i created DPC using microsfot visual basic 6.0 and visual C++ please dont not ask if you can have DPC as its not avalable for community use its a proivate engine that i created to create my games with

Secondly let me explane pokemon fishing
    Basically the game isnt about catching the most and raising them its about fishing for water pokemon selling them to the fish market and upgrading your equipment to continue on, better equipment means you can fish better fishing better means being able to move into harder areas and thus we have progression through the game the games story revolved arround your little sister who has become sick she has water fever a virus that is found in the world of fishmon your mother has asked you to travel the lands in search for the magical garadose who can cure her :)

Thirdly Online Compatibility
    YES i am aware that a pokemon fishing game MAY be boring to some of you who dont like playing games by your self thats why i have created Pokemon Fishing Online for upto 16 players at a time THis however is not relesed (i can assure u that it works and yes i have had a few beta testers use it)

A list of Features are located here:
    6 Types of freely Catchable Bugs
    27 Types of catchable fish
    -With Weight Values and sale values and catch rates
    10 types of purchaceable rods
    10 types of purchaceable baits
    Random Music Specifide to what your doing
    Ingenious fishing system that i will explain well
    Fishing is not like catching a pokemon in the real games catching fish actually involves skill catching fish isnot a matter of how strong you are or what kind of rod your using althogh they do help you will need to practice too catch fish without practicing you will never catch well
    FishDex its like a pokedex but for fish
    Dynamic Water fish will move you may catch easy in one spot until it "Drys Out" then as u wait it regenerates

Basic 2D Engine
    Movement
    Scrolling
    Collisions
    Hero Start Coordanate
    Warps
    NPC's
    Shops
    Fish Market
    Signs
    Player Animations
    Items (Rods / Baits)
    Menu System
    Inventory
    Bug Collecting
    New Baits lvls 1 to 7
    Fighting (on death warp to herostart)
    Fight Level Tile
    Player Stats (HP,STR,EXP)
    3 Secret Hidden Area's
    Game Menu

SyrupMaker

I make Syrup, Want some?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    The idea is pretty awsome. Though, you have graphical error which makes the game look bad :(. I suggest you fix those.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • 1. Good Idea, Original.
    2. I don't like the "catching backdrop" AKA as the 3rd Screenshot.
    3. You spelled "welcome" wrong when you talk to Misty.
    4. I don't like the text for talking.
    5. Don't forget periods.
    6. The mapping is too simple for my tastes.

With some improvement this could turn out swell, just needs some tuning. Great idea though.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Nice idea, i would play. Like others have said, fix the maps up alittle as well as text. But so far so good my friend

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • yeah i agree with earth's visitor with the map its too somple, add paths and stuff mabye??

but i like the battle/catching system its coool!!!

keep it up

DININI

Haruhi#s #1 fun! Join the SOS!
    Years
  • Yeah the game is good but i will agree with EarthsVisitor. The cathicng backdrop isn't very good.
    Well..
    Keep it up!

Back