• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Flame of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I admit that riding an Arcanine sounds really appealing (:)), mainly because it is something innovative (though it is a bit weird its side movement :P)

I just saw the Gym video, it was nice when you *rode* the Pidgeot.

By the way, I see that the mapping is improving more with each post. As well as the scripting. Keep it up!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I watched all of your FOR(Flame of Rage)videos they're great, but I have some questions and suggestons.
    1. If you are riding Arcanine, is it part of your pokemon team?
    2. The man in the sparrow thing town is drunken, right? Shouldn't you say the trainer's name is called Drunken Man?
    3.Why Team Shadow's Boss's daughter is exactly the same as May? Shouldn't Team Shadow's Boss's daughter have a better sprite?
    4. The hero's running sprites are not right.
    5. Red should have the FR hero's sprite.
    6. Get rid of those FR tiles. I'm sick of them.
    7. Your Mum still haven't got a walking sprite.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
    Kool

Im drevilg's brother.
    Scripts are good, and all, but you have too much ledges in you're maps.
    Please fix that, other than that i love it!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yea, like prince said, the trainer should be called:PKMN Drunk John.
    And his sprite has him holding a bottle of beer in his hand.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I watched all of your FOR(Flame of Rage)videos they're great, but I have some questions and suggestons.
    2. The man in the sparrow thing town is drunken, right? Shouldn't you say the trainer's name is called Drunken Man?
    3.Why Team Shadow's Boss's daughter is exactly the same as May? Shouldn't Team Shadow's Boss's daughter have a better sprite?

ok ill start answering your questions:
    1. this question was aksed before and the answer is no. it is an arcanine that is trained just for riding, not for fighting.
    2. i didnt know it is possible to change that, but if it is ill probably do it
    3. We already have that Sprite, but the time i made the video it wasnt inserted yet
    4. Shadow Arcanine is already working on that
    5. We had this idea too^^ but somehow we forgot it, thanks for remembering
    6. We might do this later, but first we will do the important stuff
    7. i dont know what exactly you mean, but she will get a total new sprite (you could have read the description of the video)

ok have fun guys!

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years

1. no, we answered this question two times before, it's an arcanine trained just for riding, so you'll use it like an item, so it's not part of your team
    2. maybe we could change it when almost all is ready for the beta, but first we'll take this.
    3. the sprite of samara is already in the game, when the videos were made, x-buster hasn't inserted them yet. but now, they're in and look great ;)
    4. well, because i haven't done them xD i have enough work for now, have to do the running shoes, the running arcanine for the female and other sprites
    5. i'll change that later, when i've got time
    6. first of all, the graphiks is not that important, wouldn't you play it, just because it has just FR tiles? we find the scripts, sprite and maps more important than that, maybe we change them at the end, but i think the FR-tiles fits really in our game
    7. that's also my work, i'll make another mumsprite, you'll know her ;)

Yea, like prince said, the trainer should be called:PKMN Drunk John.
    And his sprite has him holding a bottle of beer in his hand.

yeah, good idea, i have the idea to make new sprites for each trainer or to make new trainer sorts (e.g. pokemon rider, drunken man), but that's much work and like you could read, i'm full of work:( but thank you very much for the idea!

I admit that riding an Arcanine sounds really appealing (:)), mainly because it is something innovative (though it is a bit weird its side movement :P)

oh thank you, i'll fix the side movement! ^^

the crappy (really very crappy) show called "The next Uri Geller"

hey, i loved this show xD"

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    w00t you gotta be kidding me? the tricks were lame xD at least vincent you had sth to laugh at, otherwise it would have also been boring xD

anyway i wont do a lot of work today cause ill leave my house at 13:30 and return in the evening...

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    yeah it was lame -.-'

now back to topic: is the latest patch with the new scripts uploaded at the shq?

I could make some signs and persons today.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    yeah it was lame -.-'

now back to topic: is the latest patch with the new scripts uploaded at the shq?

I could make some signs and persons today.

this is in the wrong thread isnt itt?^^
    im not sure if the latest patch is uploaded, ill probably upload a new one and replace the old number 13

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I just took a look at this hack, and I have to say, I'm very impressed! I didn't know that you could do so much with a FireRed ROM, I've always that you can pull out the full potential of a ROM with a Ruby Codebase, but I was wrong! I've carefully looked at most of the screenshots and videos, and I must say, whoever thinks of the ideas for this hack is... great! (Reminds me of me. xD)

Well, good luck on this project, I'm pretty much in love with it!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    thx^^
    well, even I am impressed of my teammates' great ideas xD
    I'm just making the (hopefully ^^) correct scripts.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
    she was asking if anybody has seen a special girl, 'cause she's a member of team shadow (well your dad is police officer, so your mom...^^).
    the sprite isn't changed yet, but it will be soon.(or not soon, SA has many things to do and good sprites take time ;))

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    The only thing that may bother a bit to me is that usually a Bar would be different than a regular house, it should have been made with other tiles to "stand out" from the regular houses (that is, if possible with the tilesets you have on that map). If not, maybe put a signpost nearby.

Other than that, the script was quite funny (specially the old man lying around on the floor of the bar :laugh:)

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    The only thing that may bother a bit to me is that usually a Bar would be different than a regular house, it should have been made with other tiles to "stand out" from the regular houses (that is, if possible with the tilesets you have on that map). If not, maybe put a signpost nearby.

Other than that, the script was quite funny (specially the old man lying around on the floor of the bar :laugh:)

thats a good idea, ill check out the tileset and if there are no special tiles for it i will add some from another tileset.
    and a sign nearby is also a good idea.
    im glad you like th script, it is written by Master_Track

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Hi,
    this might be a tad late
    but I just saw the new vid. (the Bar)
    And shouldn't your mother be looking for
    [Clues], not [Hints]?

The Hack is looking really great,
    one of the best hacks in a long time ;)
    Good luck!

//44tim44

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    I nvr really took notice around here, and i'm sorry that i hvnt. Congratz on that HOTW award mate. Everything looks fantastic.

I was going to do some sort of animal riding instead of a bike in my own but it looks like i got beaten to the punch. It looks fabulous i might add, and i now have to keep tabs on even more hacks out there. XD

I can't wait to see more of this man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back