• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Flame of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I look forward to seeing more of the game as it's quite fun so far. I'm not good at telling you anything really all that useful, but my only suggestion is possibly working with the starter pokemon's limited movepool. Houndoom is the only one with a really viable special set as I'd imagine without breeding you're left with just Crunch/Flamethrower/Sunny Day/Solarbeam.

Ninetales only special moves available are Flamethrower and Faint Attack(which you have to breed for also). Arcanine is the middle ground here with Extremespeed/Flamethrower and other moves it can actually use, though not exactly well (Dig, Aerial Ace)...But again his other options are down to hoping for a good Hidden Power or breeding for Howl and Crunch.

I don't know how you'd work with Ninetales, but making Crunch a TM or something might help. Perhaps moving some of the egg moves into moves they can learn while leveling up.

Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm trying to help, but I don't know much about the game.

Last edited:

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Awesome

This is a fun hack, My favorite pokemon type happens to be fire, and my favorite pokemon is Arcainine ^v^ Also whenever I play a game with my friends I have to be the loser that is the good guy, so the police thing is cool hehe This suits meh perfectly!

Years
  • Was..

This hack was good at first. What happend.. Did everyone go to work on LoF?
    This got overshadowd and I think deserves more time or work put in.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • This hack was good at first. What happend.. Did everyone go to work on LoF?
    This got overshadowd and I think deserves more time or work put in.
    what happened is that time has passed and now most of us have no time for hacking anymore
    at least that counts for me: at 4pm i return from school and i want to spend the rest of m day with my gf and not with rom hacking

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Although I believe what the poster you quoted said was a bit rude, I'm curious with your answer. Is FoR canceled or just on hiatus? I think the hack is really good and it is a shame, but personal life does come first and most of us don't know just how hard rom hacking must be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    This has gotta be my favourite hack so far.
    First of all, I like all the maps, and the story is pretty refreshing too.
    And <3 YAY! I got a growlithe! :D (My fav pokemon)
    So yea, keep it up, it's an awesome hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    Yay im glad this is back
    it was and still is my favourite hack - and was the first hack that had an animal instead of a bicicycle (fun fact xD)

Best of luck everyone

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • yay guys, graphical update...
    for2.png

FoR will flourish again, right X? :D

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
  • we restarted and nobody told me? xD
    i'm very sry that i'm always busy, like Neti i have my privat life with my boyfriend and my school and less time for romhacking .__.
    well, you still have all my sprites, haven't you? so if you still need something, remember i'm still in the team xD
    ehm, yeah! let's do it! xD

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • we were talking about the restart in the team thread a few days ago :p
    so i think we told you xD

at least theres someone else who has no time for hacking ^^ im not alone

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    This game is looking awesome, but I have a question: Where am I supposed to run the Beta file?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I've never really said anything about this hack, so I guess now is the time... Pokémon: Flame of Rage looks really good. The scripts, storylines and ideas are quite interesting, but you need to work on the hero and heroine sprites. The hero's hair is badly outlined, drawn and colored (you should have given him different palettes and a slightly different shape), and the heroine's hair is also badly colored. They look good overall as FR/LG styled sprites, but there are a few things that make them very strange, and not very professional.

Sumirelove

Lazy Arcanine
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    This hack is REALLY cool! I love how it revolves around fire pokemon :)
    Unfortunately, I found a glitch - when I went to check the town map, my screen became black.

Last edited:

MunchingOrange

The Orange Empire Strikes Back
    Years
  • hey rom reaverz!
    i love your work on Flame of Rage, its amazing

so, ive been trying to post a thread for my hack in progress but it says it needs to be approved by a mod
    if you guys are mods or know a mod could you please tell them to approve

anyway, keep up the good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back