• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon flaws!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    But wouldn't it make sense for the original to come before the clone?

And every generation has a Pokemon that looks like Pikachu
    1st gen: Pikachu (Duh)
    2nd gen: Pichu (Also duh because its a Pikachu Pre-Evo)
    3rd gen: Plusle and Minun
    4th gen: Pachirisu

yea I was always wondering that, its because Pikachu is so popular tot he point that its sick and they have to make a new one each generation

:t354:TG

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Again, the cute factor. It's sickening. Ah well, it's an easy way to tell who's a serious player or not if they're using any of the cute-but-weak Pokemon. I've fought a few of those, XD.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    *Hides Buneary under bush*

Okay, I don't see what's wrong with "teh cuteness" being thrown in. Thinking about it, you could also argue that Gamefreak threw in bulkier Pokemon like Groudon, Houndoom, and Salamence so that baseball-cap wearing guys would buy it. XD

By the way, have you ever seriously tried beating the game with nothing but the cuties? It is seriously almost impossible for obvious reasons, and definitely should merit some respect if you can accomplish it. And so, ACC exposes yet another of the "implied difficulty control selections" in Pokemon.

Major logic break number seven-hundred and sixty-two: Pokemon can get hit with beams of energy, strangled, hit with rocks, burned, frozen, and slashed up six ways from Tuesday with no ill effects, and yet humans are somehow able to kill a Marowak while it runs away. *pokes R/B/Y*

In addition....

Dialga and Palkia created spacetime, but Arceus created the universe.

And the Elite four do remember you in FR/LG. If you re-challenge them after their initial defeat, Lance and Gary both say something along the lines of "Oh hey, random_name, you came back! Great!" before they deliver their little speech about how cool they are and the battle begins. No explanation as to how Gary is once again champion, but still interesting.

But yeah, while laughing at logic breaks is funny, don't take it too seriously. If Pokemon were logical, it wouldn't exist in the first place. This is why we have "Real Life".

Last edited:

Ichida

Years
    Technically you could defeat the in-game storyline with the cute Pokemon, if you level them up enough, XDD. Once their levels are over the enemies' enough, it won't matter how crappy the Pokemon are, they're probably going to win anyways. That's why I like competition. Everything's even, and it's a simple task of proving to my enemies how worthlessly poor their Pokemon are or have been trained.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    About the fainting thing, Satoshi Tajiri didn't want any "dying" because apparently, when thinking up Red and Green, he thought "I don't want to put more pointless violence in video games." (I'm forgetting the source...I think it was a cited Wikipedia article??)

And the whole E4 thing...well, pretty much all the trainers are like that xD

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Stupid things I know:

Phione is heavier into Manaphy. And I said to mehself, WTH?
    When a Pokemon faints, why does it fall into the ground, and why can't you catch a fainted pokemon?

Oh wait, never mind, I know why. If you have one pokemon, catch the fainted one, then put the alive one in the PC, you'll be automaticly killed.

Ichida

Years
    Yeah, that's the one thing I never understood about Pokemon; why you can't catch a fainted one. Technically that should be the ideal time to catch it. <.<;; I guess they wanted to make it more challenging than that. And about the PC comment, they could have just given the fainted Pokemon 1 HP after capture.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Yea if they actually made the elite 4 recognize you and say "Hey I remember you, you were good last time but not a chance now" and they like had whole new pokemon well i mean higher levels..That would be cool oh well.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The true weirdest thing about pokemon is how Ash's Pikachu loses to newbie trainers and beginning gym leaders, got it pisses me off.

Yes that one thing about the anime always confuses me. If Ash's well-trained Pikachu and Aipom can lose to Roark, the first gym leader who 10-year-old kids with only one never-trained Pokemon are suppossed to beat, well...it makes no sense because the gym leaders aren't suppossed to be continually getting stronger after every region, for other newbie trainer's sake, but it seems like they are.

But then again virtually nothing makes sense in the anime...

yoshikiller995

Any thing but slow
    Years
    Yes that one thing about the anime always confuses me. If Ash's well-trained Pikachu and Aipom can lose to Roark, the first gym leader who 10-year-old kids with only one never-trained Pokemon are suppossed to beat, well...it makes no sense because the gym leaders aren't suppossed to be continually getting stronger after every region, for other newbie trainer's sake, but it seems like they are.

But then again virtually nothing makes sense in the anime...

Good point, sad as it is.

Back