• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon following you - Annoying?

~*!*~DOES IT ANNOY YOU~*!*~

• Total voters

Finnel

Years
  • Pokémon following after you isn't annoying and I don't see how it could be.

Your ~*!*~s are certainly annoying though.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    That feature is brilliant and beautiful! Makes the whole concept of "raising" Pokemons way more realistic. Plus, it's really fun to win the grass gym in Kanto, when your whole team but your grass starter fainted, then see that one following you XD

Like watching the Charizard-Magmar match in the TV as a 6~ years old child again~

Oh and, laziness or not, I love the fact that the Pokemons are still walking when you stand still. I thought about it deeply, and with those nerfed sprites compared to, let's say Mystery Dungeon, it could look very robotic if the Pokemons was just standing there when you stood still.

yoshikiller995

Any thing but slow
    Years
  • It was a little strange at first, but oyu get used to it. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it adds something to the game.... I just don't see why they didn't add a toggle for the pokemon following you, like they did with the running shoes (which is awesome!!)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I only found it weird when my Metapod was following me. lol Other than that, it's a nifty feature.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I thought it was cute. Still waiting on my copy, though, so I might change my opinion. However, I hate Pikachu, but never got tired of him following me in Yellow.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Well, I haven't actually played the game yet, but it doesn't seem annoying to me. I love the idea of having my favourites at my side! =3
    Just like SilverSmeargleSplatter said (OMG alliteration! 8D) I never got tired of having Pikachu follow me in yellow, so I shouldn't be bothered by a different Pokemon either. =3

xX

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Well, I've seen all gameplay and pics so far, and I guess; what's there not to like about Pokémon following you? Except sme moments when it just looks awkward, but I still can't wait to have a big, fluffy Lugia following me around.

For later Generations, this feature should be optional, so it's fair for all of us.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • This is a silly question.
    Ever since they introduced this in Yellow, some people have literally begged for it to return and their wish has been granted and now some of them find this annoying?
    Or is it just the new PokeFans that didn't play any of the originals that find it annoying.

Personally though, I think it's an amazing feat that they managed to create and insert overworld sprites for all 493 Pokemon, normal coloured AND Shiny!
    Who could possibly even want to turn off such an amazing feature?!

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    i would only like them to change it so it's not necessarily the first pokemon on the list which is out of the ball

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I don't possibly see how its that annoying, its just a overworld extra, not like it really effects gameplay besides the fact you have its sprite next to you at nearly all times, I mean there are extras to where you can talk to it and etc but is it really that bad for them to follow you most of the time? (Saying most because in Blackthorn and Viridian Gym it goes poof I think.) In my opinion, the feature is awesome, and, pretty funny when gigantic pokemon follow you or pokemon that are supposed to be in water (magicarp/feebas) and etc.

Off-topic: Also, is anyone else is reminded of PMD by the OW sprites or is it just me?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I guess I'll be sometimes annoyed.
    I wish we can have them out when we want them to and in when we don't want them out.

I remembered I got so pissed with my Pikachu in Yellow version when I was young I even traded to my cousin brother so we can evolve each other's Pikachu before trading back.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I guess I'll be sometimes annoyed.
    I wish we can have them out when we want them to and in when we don't want them out.

I remembered I got so pissed with my Pikachu in Yellow version when I was young I even traded to my cousin brother so we can evolve each other's Pikachu before trading back.
    What i'd personally do is, make a legendary follow you for inner places, or ride bikes in outer places once it annoys me. Though it doesn't and it probably never will.

And blah, I did that too back in the days of Yellow, though I just wanted to check if it'd still follow you after being evolved. I was so disappointed when it didn't...this game should have introduced the light ball so that Pikachu wasn't a total loss.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I really like the feature, it's unique and quite cool to have a Pokemon following you :]

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I swear Gamefreak and Nintendo found PC a while ago and saw some of the rom hacks here and thought "oh they tryed to remake yellow interesting... ooh they also tryed to remake GSC hmm...." and then this happened: GSC + Pokemon following you = $$$

Back