• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Foutain of Youth

Southparkerstan

Beggining ROM hacker- mapper
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Welcome to my first hack! I am very new to hacking, but I'm sure that with some help, I can complete this project and bring forth a great new game! Things highlighted in blue are the most important right now.

STORYLINE
    You play as an 8-year-old trainer, the youngest to ever live. After your parents spotted your talent, they decide to move to the reigon of Akachan, where you can start your journey. The reigon of Akachan is filled with baby pokemon. An ancient legend states that Phione, the most powerful baby pokemon to ever exist, created a fountain in the depths of the reigons great forrest which spawned the very first baby pokemon. However, a group of criminals known as "Project Fountain" have decided to start a quest to locate this legendary foutain and used its powers to gain eternal life, harming many innocent people in the process. You somehow get wound up in this mess and have to stop the evil "Project Foutain"!

FEATURES
    • A reigonal dex of around 100 pokemon, featuring many from the Sinnoh reigon!
    • Many non-baby pokemon catchable after elite four!
    • A whole new reigon, featuring new maps, new gym leaders, and new scripts!
    • Instead of the 'Match Call' or 'VS Seeker', all trainers can be battled again by simply speaking to them! (After elite four)
    HELP NEEDED!

Being a novice hacker, there is still a lot of things I dont know how to do. I can map decently, and I can create simple speaking scripts, but other then that, I'm going to need to hire a team. I'll need:
    • SPRITERS-For sinnoh pokemon, OW sprites, and regular sprites
    • ADVANCED SCRIPTERS-For pretty much everything other than basic speaking.
    • POKEMON EDITORS-Because I really don't know how, I'll need someone to do edits for the few sinnoh pokemon, such as their base stats, attacks, and inserting their sprites and icons.
    • TILESET EDITORS-Right know, this is the most important thing on the agenda. My permission to use a good base tileset I found was declined, so now I'm out of tiles! I really need someone to make me a good tileset soon so I can get serious about mapping! Remember, this is very important!
    Also, I have a few quick questions:

-How do I edit the script which the proffesor says to you at the very beginning of the game? Already edited with a-text.

-How do I change the location where your character first starts the game? Theres a tool for that too. Thanks, Hackmew!

-What is a good tool for editing trainer battles in Ruby? The one that comes with elitemap only works with Emerald. Thanks again, Hackmew!

How do I edit sprites that appear in the intro script (the prof. and the pokemon he releases)

REIGONAL DEX

I'm not completly sure how this will be ordered, but I do know that it will feature all baby pokemon, their evolutions, and a few other pokemon who's evolutions will be altered to make them more "baby pokemon" like. For example, Clampearl will be changed to evolving into Gorybess if happines is maxed out in the DAY, and Huntail if maxed out in the NIGHT. Also, the three starters will be Budew, Magby, and Azurill.

MEDIA

As of right now, there's not really anything to post here, but this is where Snapshots, Videos, and Demos will be located

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    if you want to edit the basic script (the dialog), advance text would be good. the problem is that it comes with a complete script for Fire red and Leaf green, but the R/S/E scripts are lacking (up to about the first route I believe)

Southparkerstan

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    No, I mean when you first start out and he asks you if you're a boy/girl and what your name is.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You can use A-Text to change that no problem :) Though thats probably the only reason to use it.

Theres a program to change the starting point of the player somewhere... check out the tool box.

A-Trainer from Hackmew changes trainers in FireRed, not sure if its compatible with Ruby though, that is also located in the tool box so search away!

Very interesting story and very original, I have never seen anything quite like it :) Hope this goes well for you, I'll be watching! :D

Southparkerstan

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Thanks! It's nice to have a supporter. I'll have a map screenshot up as soon as I get permission to use a tileset I found.

Sirolu

Expert Trainer
    Years
    • POKEMON EDITORS-Because I really don't know how, I'll need someone to do edits for the few sinnoh pokemon, such as their base stats, attacks, and inserting their sprites and icons.
    I can edit every Pokemon stats, attack, but when i insert Pokemon Sprites and Icons, they get all messed up, i can also change theyr name.

EDIT:
    REIGONAL DEX
    I'm not completly sure how this will be ordered, but I do know that it will feature all baby pokemon, their evolutions, and a few other pokemon who's evolutions will be altered to make them more "baby pokemon" like. For example, Clampearl will be changed to evolving into Gorybess if happines is maxed out in the DAY, and Huntail if maxed out in the NIGHT. Also, the three starters will be Budew, Magby, and Azurill.
    Hehe, i can help you it with that too.

Last edited:

Southparkerstan

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    I'm already working on the stats, because I found a great tool (YAPE) for doing so. However, I could use someone to help me with the reigonal dex. I can change the numbers myself, but I need to know how to change the name of it from "hoenn" to "akachan". Also, once I've figured out the other 51 pokemon to make available before the elite four (There are 49 that are already baby pokemon or an evolution of one), I'll have someone else figure out the order they'll go in, because that's long and tedious and I could work on something more important, like mapping.

One more thing. Sorry for double posting, but I need some more help. I've been looking all over the place for a-text, but I can't find a good download anywhere. Could someone get me a good link?

Last edited:

Sirolu

Expert Trainer
    Years
  • I'm already working on the stats, because I found a great tool (YAPE) for doing so. However, I could use someone to help me with the reigonal dex. I can change the numbers myself, but I need to know how to change the name of it from "hoenn" to "akachan". Also, once I've figured out the other 51 pokemon to make available before the elite four (There are 49 that are already baby pokemon or an evolution of one), I'll have someone else figure out the order they'll go in, because that's long and tedious and I could work on something more important, like mapping.

One more thing. Sorry for double posting, but I need some more help. I've been looking all over the place for a-text, but I can't find a good download anywhere. Could someone get me a good link?
    Oh, i wanted only to help you, but anyway:
    I got a Advanced Text for ya.
    https://rapidshare.com/files/229968036/a-Text_311.rar.html

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Original idea,a ltittle confusing though.I have a question.There is small amount of baby pokemon,why the region is ''filled'' by those?Can you make longer the storyline and smaller the ''help'' section?The people are bored to read all this mass of words,when they see them.

Southparkerstan

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    The help section is big for right now because that is something I really need. Once I have a few scripters and spriters, I can shorten it. As for the reigon being "filled" with baby pokemon, look under "Reigonal Dex" to see my plan.

Southparkerstan

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Again, sorry for the double post, but I am in desperate need of tilesets! If someone can find or make me a base tileset (by that I mean one with trees, pokemon centers/marts, grass, ledges, and maybe a building), I can start mapping. All I need is the "picture", as it's called in AdvancedMap, not the "blocks". I can do the "blocks" myself.

Back